Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The negatives
J77

RE: The negatives

Good things come to those who wait. Once we are all driving our cars we will realise were the extra money went and why we chose an evoque, we are all part of something big and something new to range rover, and indeed the automotive world, only time will tell if it is the right car for the guys that have doubts. No other car that is so small can take you so far in so much comfort and for me it is worth every penny.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
30-09-2011 09:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Evoqess,

Your post was acutely correct, you write with an honesty that's quite rare today, mind you I also liked the fact I was 1st on your list to receive a drink, pity you weren't in 'Gods Country' or I'd have taken you up on it!

Thank you
Peter
Xxx

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
30-09-2011 09:28pm
Kwacka

Going back to Tekno's original post about negatives on the car, forgetting about what class it sits in and whether it's worth the money, one of my only gripes is the start stop button being up on the dash, having been used to an XF where it sits naturally in front of the gear changer I keep going to press the hazard warning lights instead of the start stop.
I did notice this at one of the Evoque Unleashed test drives but i'll soon get used to it.
30-09-2011 10:49pm
hybris

Good to hear that the satnav is not good. Did not go for it as I think that the nab in mobile phones today is way better. Have Navigon in my mobile and its excellent. Software in a car is always something Im skeptical against until the day the consumter can upgrade it over the internet to get fresher versions and updates. Today its usually a new car to get the new stuff. I know that BMW is connecting the iPhone in their "App" option so applications can be downloaded from the appstore and then projected on the car screen. That kind of solution but for all mobile OS would be an excellent future. But until then there is no way I pay the premium for built in nav etc. Another note is that stuff that is standard in a Dynamic in the UK is not in Sweden. We don't have the camera, no adaptive drive etc as standerd. They are options. Sure there is a different "standard" in different countries. On the other hand we have winter option and some other things as standard.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
01-10-2011 09:22am
Gorjan

We went to see the car for te first time, and my wife said, after sitting in the driver seat , thst it is horrible and is like seating in a coffin (due to a smaller windows).

This was a 5 door Pure (and yes it had pan. Roof). They didn't hav Dynamic or Peestige.

She didn't even want to rest drive it.... We went to Mercedes, she liked the GLK better (about vidibikity). The car is for her, so she needs to decide, butI will try to oersuide her to at least test drive the Evoque and see how is vusibikity in rel traffic.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
01-10-2011 12:22pm
hybris

GLK? Its one ugly car... Mercedes quality is still way to low. Avoid! BMW, Audi if you are not going for Evoque.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
01-10-2011 01:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've just looked up the GLK on the Mercedes UK website http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/...8102183828

Looks more like it's a competitor to the Disco4 rather than an Evooque, with a price even a moderate spec RRSport would blush at

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 01:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-10-2011 01:38pm
Gorjan

In our market the Evoque is priced similar to the Merc GLK, Audi Q5 and BMW X3, so I consider those when choosing.

The Disco is much bigger than the GLK.

My wife liked the RRS, but too big for her Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
01-10-2011 02:14pm
oop north

(01-10-2011 01:38pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I've just looked up the GLK on the Mercedes UK website http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/...8102183828

Looks more like it's a competitor to the Disco4 rather than an Evooque, with a price even a moderate spec RRSport would blush at

That's the GL (a 7-seater ffrr-ish sized car) which is not the same as the GLK (not available in uk) - much, much bigger
01-10-2011 02:55pm
Tekno
Banned

I seem to have started quite a thread here! Strange how it quickly moved onto people justifying the price! Personally, if people are prepared to pay it (myself included) then it's obviously worth it, but I just wish I had known this various downsides before I had purchased. Hence why I created the thread - to make others aware.

All the while when people were questioning me for buying a car without seeing it, my answer was "It's a Range Rover, it'll be good".

To answer someone's earlier question, my coupe has Continental tyres - dunno if they make more noise?
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 03:19pm by Tekno.)
01-10-2011 03:18pm