Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car paint treatment
hybris

RE: New car paint treatment

OK. I always did Mr CAP treat my BMWs and the paint is always much easier to clean and better finish. What is the difference with LL/RR? Is the paint finish different from Audi/BMW/Volvo in some way? My BMW dealer always Mr CAP threat all cars and it was no extra for me.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
01-10-2011 01:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If is isn't costing you (and it will be somewhere in the invoice) then go ahead with it, but like all car makers LR/RR spends a lot of money trying to find coatings suitable for the use that people will put their cars to. LR/RR are no different to any other maker with the quality of their paint as they buy from the same paint makers as every car maker

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-10-2011 01:34pm
Spiderman

I have to disagree with the majority on this thread. I have had Supagard Paint Treatment applied to every car I own, it makes them so much easier to wash the bugs and grime off and this also makes them a doddle to dry.

I tried an experiment for 6 months, I had this applied to 1/2 a FFRR, the 1/2 that didn't have this applied was a nightmare to get the bugs off without resulting to TFR type products, whereas the side that had Supagard was and remained effortless to remove any debris full stop.

The a dealers usually attempt to charge £400 for this, however, my local valet guy charges me £150 per car and spends about 2 hours applying and buffing. I understand the product costs him £120 including the aftercare bag which is supposed to be left for the client. The reason Dealers charge £400 is due to them getting away with charging us £80-£135 p/hour for service work....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
02-10-2011 12:29am
hybris

Thanks Spiderman. Im also considering doing a paint treatment as I have the same good experiences with all my BMWs that have had that. Easy to clean and more resistant against bird poo, salt and asphalt.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
02-10-2011 07:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have been impressed so far at how easy it has been to get bird's craps and squashed flies off the car and have not needed to resort to a pressure washer at all unlike other cars I have owned. Even a good heavy rain shower is enough to make the squashed bugs disappear - although the "shower" we have had this weekend has lasted 40 hours so far and it's still raining I have a dead bug free car and not much road dirt stuck to it. Hybris stated that the dealer was providing a paint treatment for free, in which case I wouldn't turn it down. I do agree with Spiderman though that dealer's are using it as a lucrative revenue stream and too many people are put off having it by the huge mark up often charged. The £400 asked by some LR dealers for Gard-X is cheap compared to what the local BMW and Audi dealer's were asking for the same treatment (>£700 BMW ad >£900 Audi) yet the local rep for Gard-X is 5 minutes walk from both dealerships and wanted £200 to treat the Evoque.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 09:25am by XFullFatTim.)
02-10-2011 09:23am