Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The negatives
mark_n

RE: The negatives

And if you had known these "downsides", how would it have influenced your purchasing decision?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-10-2011 05:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tekno
Banned

Go back to my first post - I'd not have blindly bought the Evoque, I'd have test driven it and other cars. I suspect I wouldn't have bought it but won't be test driving other marques to find out!

I was expecting more. I was expecting the Evoque to be quieter, smoother and with a lot more refinement. I was expecting the satnav to be awesome, not just a electronic map. I was expecting to see things I'd never before seen in a car, not the same old stuff just dressed up.
01-10-2011 06:01pm
Gorjan

I think Tekno is right about looking for proper refinment out of this car. I would as well. It is not whining but maybe a little bit perfectionism.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
01-10-2011 06:46pm
ytshome

(01-10-2011 06:01pm)Tekno Wrote:  Go back to my first post - I'd not have blindly bought the Evoque, I'd have test driven it and other cars. I suspect I wouldn't have bought it but won't be test driving other marques to find out!

I was expecting more. I was expecting the Evoque to be quieter, smoother and with a lot more refinement. I was expecting the satnav to be awesome, not just a electronic map. I was expecting to see things I'd never before seen in a car, not the same old stuff just dressed up.

Personally, I think because the car has been hyped so much, some peoples expectations are unrealistically high. My car is great. Its a car that brings a smile to my face and for £40K I can't think of another one that looks this good. I've only driven the car to MacDonalds today and three people have come and told me how nice they think it is. One of them, the MacDonalds Manageress, asked me to park up. I thought this was so they could prepare my order but it was simply so she could come and have a proper look.

Tekno, if you think you've made an error sell your car but I really do doubt that you'd find another one thats completely free from criticsm. Cars usually are comprimises and I'm sure this one is no different........to me though its a belter!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 07:07pm by ytshome.)
01-10-2011 07:07pm
Tekno
Banned

(01-10-2011 07:07pm)ytshome Wrote:  Cars usually are comprimises and I'm sure this one is no different........to me though its a belter!

Very good point. I know you're right and I'm sure I won't sell it.

But still, to others making their decision, at least there's now a thread with some honest pointers rather than thread after thread of fanboy comments.
01-10-2011 07:11pm
ytshome

(01-10-2011 07:11pm)Tekno Wrote:  
(01-10-2011 07:07pm)ytshome Wrote:  Cars usually are comprimises and I'm sure this one is no different........to me though its a belter!

But still, to others making their decision, at least there's now a thread with some honest pointers rather than thread after thread of fanboy comments.

I'm with you. People need honest appraisals, warts and all but depending on how we are feeling at the time we can easily sweeten or sour the mood. Pleased to say that after a week in tenerife I couldn't wait to get back in it and I feel rather sweet at the moment. Cheers Tekno. YTVery HappyVery Happy

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011 07:17pm by ytshome.)
01-10-2011 07:17pm
Grah

(01-10-2011 07:11pm)Tekno Wrote:  

Great to hear you not going to sell it - which presumably means that, as you could almost certainly get your purchase price back or more, you think it's worth keeping - but why then all of your repetitive cries of regret and the bitchy, chippy comments about "fanboys" and the rest?

If you like it at the price you paid - keep it. If you don't, sell it and say why. You seem to be doing both - keeping it as presumably you think its good VFM, but apparently resenting that it's not even better - which really is not very realistic.
01-10-2011 08:28pm
hybris

Some people have nothing to do...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
01-10-2011 08:31pm
griff

(01-10-2011 06:01pm)Tekno Wrote:  Go back to my first post - I'd not have blindly bought the Evoque, I'd have test driven it and other cars. I suspect I wouldn't have bought it but won't be test driving other marques to find out!

Ahhh the triumph of expectation over reality. I did not think that you were that naive Tekno bearing in mind your previous posts.
Cheers
R

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-10-2011 08:43pm
gead

I think expectations can also be influenced by what car you are coming out of...a lot of people on here seem to have had some very nice cars in their history, so no doubt their expectations will be different to someone like me who is coming from a Volkswagen...

Agree with tekno, it's good to have a thread like this to keep things real... Wink

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
01-10-2011 11:33pm