Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The negatives
Gthornton

RE: The negatives

I completely agree with BLACKSERIES, spec up a rival BMW or AUDI and you are within a few grand either way. Plus they both look years behind in terms of styling.

Quality maybe a small issue compared with some German rivals but it is still leagues ahead of the current outgoing LR range.

The pros way out the cons for me: looks, 4x4 ability, looks, massive spec, looks, MPG, looks, etc etc.....

I can't believe they haven't fixed the bloody climate control thing though, it really annoyed me on the RRS. Even Alfas have a 'mono' button to sync the passenger with the drivers side. I thought as its a digital display it would be easy.

Still I can't bloody wait for mine! - and i'm swapping from some serious German metal!!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
30-09-2011 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorjan

(30-09-2011 01:22pm)vision*R Wrote:  I still don't get why people keep thinking of car classes in terms of size. As if 10 inches of steel plate are making the difference.
Things that define a class for me are materials, finishes, capabilities... let's say intrinsic qualities that you can't just upgrade by ticking option boxes. In this respect the Evoque is well above an X1 or X3.
To get a full leather dashboard you even have to stretch to the X6 or tick an expensive box on the X5...

It is not always the size that makes them apart.... For example compare Mercedes S-Class with C-Class... Besides the size, the S offers, better ride comfort, better noise isolation, better materials inside, more active and passive safety things. This is what makes people think better is bigger.

But compare Mini Copper with Dacia Logan? Smile Which is better? Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
30-09-2011 05:19pm
Spiderman

(30-09-2011 03:03pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Fair Point, you are entitled to your opinion.

I agree that it has the Luxury Brand associated to it, pity then that they come bottom of the customer satisfaction surveys 10 years on the trot!!Embarrassed

I know I seem to be the one questioning its pricing/Sector, and yes, I am a BMW Man, and proud of it I may add, however, I wouldn't have an X3 if someone stuffed the door pockets and glove box with £50 Notes!!

The RRE is an Extremely difficult car to compare with anythinbg, that I agree with, and as such people will Always question the pricing. That said, we will still be proceeding with ours!!Very Happy

With the extensive testing LR has done on the Evoque I'd be very surprised if it comes within the bottom 50 at all. The another thing, the LRs tested which form the bottom result were mainly previous generation LRs so as they, LR move forward & these surveys use more modern registrations they will be much, much higher in the listing surveys. The main issues are not with the vehicles themselves, it is the electronics used. Should anyone suffer a spurilous electrical gremlin or fault report it is usually a case of switching the car off & back on to clear it.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your Evoque, I have owned LR products for 30+ years & currently in my family we have a FFRR, RRS, FL2 & now my Evoque & my favourite is the Evoque as not only does it look beautiful, is finished supremely well, but, more importantly to me it's a drivers RR packed full of up to date technology!

Also be mindful that any LR product will take you through, over & to places no other 4x4 can hope to match with it's technology used & despite the RRE looking great don't forget it is a pukka LR product & come the snowy conditions you will be so thankfull you own one.

As a final recommendation to all that have not attended a LR Experience day, please do one asap, they serve to demonstrate just what your 4x4 is capable of & that will inspire confidence in the abilities of your Evoques when the bad weather descends upon us during wintertime!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 06:12pm by Spiderman.)
30-09-2011 06:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC Freelander2 was in the top 30 of the survey this year, the highest placing to date for a Land Rover product

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2011 06:15pm
Evoqess

What an awesome thread! And a perfect example of how people see things differently. I bet if we all met together, in a pub somewhere say (wouldn't that be fun) that by the end it would be clearly apparent who are the optimists, who are the whiners. It's human nature. You can decide who you are of course Wink I'd be buying Spiderman, Tim, Charlie, Token , Mark etc drinks !

By the time I get my Evoque, perhaps half of you won't even be reading this forum anymore and my impressions of ownership will be saved for family and friends. All I know is that I have driven two versions of the car, loved it! I reined myself in when I placed my order though - so I'm happy with how much I've paid and I have all the items I need. You see, for me - the HP of the petrol is paramount, a light airy interior with the pano roof, heated everything and great off road capability for future tours up closer to the arctic. I didn't want larger alloys that can be scuffed, the mag dampers (read the latest Car mag for a view on that) even the Sat Nav (prefer to pick my own and update every 2-3 years).
I'm at peace with the price and spec of my car and excited to be driving it.
I''m the optimist balancing some of the pessimistic comments!

If I had been a pessimist, when I bought my Audi TTS six months ago I would have jumped on a forum somewhere and complained about the seatbelt (that slides off the shoulder), or the heavy doors (it's a coupe dammit, the doors are big!). Or that the Sat Nav was a pain in the a#%, or the upgraded hifi was maybe not worth it.
But I never did, because the POSITIVES far, far outweighed the negatives. I had the dream drive of a lifetime along the Pacific Coast Highway (driving Nirvana, heavenly curves and breathtaking scenes). Will never forget it.

So, have really enjoyed all your views - and in my mind I'm working out who are the optimists and who aren't. Who have specced well for their needs, who have been swept away by the latest, greatest etc. I see the tender hesitation of the drivers new to the brand (questioning reliability like I did in one thread) and the stoic LR loyalists. Ultimately, those who know exactly WHAT the Evoque is will have no hesitations. I know what this vehicle is and look forward to posting my "hey look at me standing by my
car in front of this glacier" pictures.

Diana Smile Very Happy

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
30-09-2011 06:29pm
mark_n

Well Diana, that gets my vote for "Post of the Week". What a passion, thank you!

Edit: Oh alright, "Post of the Month"...

What will really cement our affections for the Evoque is where we go and what we do with it. I'm a walker and a photographer and I like nothing more that throwing my gear into the back and heading off, especially if there's a hot bath and a cold beer at the end of a long day. I expect the Evoque will become my "best friend" during these adventures. Can't wait.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 06:38pm by mark_n.)
30-09-2011 06:34pm
Token

(30-09-2011 06:34pm)mark_n Wrote:  Well Diana, that gets my vote for "Post of the Week". What a passion, thank you!

Edit: Oh alright, "Post of the Month"...

+1

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-09-2011 07:33pm
Wicksy

(30-09-2011 05:03pm)mark_n Wrote:  
(30-09-2011 01:16pm)griff Wrote:  Tom Tom supply Renault so I think they must have some sort of lock in IMHO

What a dismally dull range of cars to be locked into...
I would never have thought that my sons Renaultsport 250 Megane could be described as dull. Its an exhilarating drive of which I've no doubt could leave you with messy pantsCool
30-09-2011 07:54pm
bluebear

@Evouqess
What a great post. For me it's about the emotion of the car, not just the price ( although a consideration). I have got what I want in the car, it looks....well stunning. I did have a wobble over delivery times then my dealer lent me one for the weekend and I'm smitten.

I've had fully specced BMW's and Merc's and they are so dull by comparison. My previous BMW had sat nav and you needed to know where you were going before it was any use. My wife has just bought an Audi TT Quattro and loves it, but it's not for me!

Can't wait to get my Evouque, 28th October is the delivery and am like a kid again, so excited!

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
30-09-2011 08:09pm
THEMACS

Evoqess, good post.

I take your point of view and you make your point well, and just for your info, I am an Optimist, all day long, you have to be running your own business, certainly in this day and age!!

I was merely making points and comparisons and from what others have wrote on this site they have some concerns too, as you say its Human Nature.

I am new to the brand and sincerely hope that we will love the RRE as much as others do that have taken their delivery.

What surprised me when I drove the car, all be it for 15 mins, was how it made me feel, I am a bit of a Speed Freak so was Very surprised driving something that is not that type of car.

I am Sure Everyone on here will Love their cars as and When they arrive. Just a lomg time to wait, well for us anywayCrying

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
30-09-2011 08:54pm