Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The negatives
GibEvoque

RE: The negatives

Its quite intersting when you try to class the Evoque, When i was considering my vehicle purchase, the only thing i could put it against was a Q5 which i very nearly went with as a little bit bigger, however when i cam to order the prices was 35k for 2.0tdi SE with very few options whereas for 35k i have got the dynamic with a couple of options. So in my mind i get better value for money, for a similar specced Q5 would have been closer to £45k.

However If you look at the Q3 as a rival the evoque is a tad more expensive (not much init once specced to same level, but also looks a lot better.

So when do you think audi will launch the Q4, they don't hang around on things like this.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
30-09-2011 04:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

and lets take bets on what the Q4 will look like Confused

Oh yeah, exactly the same as all the other Q's - A stretched up A

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
30-09-2011 04:21pm
PhilSkill

Errr... if it's over priced why have they got umpteen thousand orders... So many I am still waiting for mine Sad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-09-2011 04:25pm
kevoque

Just read all this thread and dealer contacted me regarding delivery delay again for the 4th time so am now thinking of throwing the towel in and heading back to an BMW M3 or else a FORD RS500 going tomorrow to test drive them so much conflict on here regarding options / specs/ and pure /dynamics / prestige end of the day RR my opinion have let alot of people down with build dates and delivery dates not that long ago did they say over 18000 orders well order the parts then for these cars and don't let the customers who paid deposits to them months prior to it even being released why let them down!!!!
Kev
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 04:34pm by kevoque.)
30-09-2011 04:30pm
Urban Splash

Although cool, surely the wrap on any second hand RS 500 will be pretty shabby by now....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
30-09-2011 04:41pm
herrmoby

(30-09-2011 09:34am)Tekno Wrote:  Sound System - is fairly awful really (compared to my outgoing Mondeo) FM reception is patchy, bass is very wooley.

Last weekend I had a RRE with the big Meridian system for a test drive. I am used to British High-End for many years and I am convinced that the sound of the Meridian system is hard to top. But there is one tricky point: the Meridian system is brutally honest. A poor sounding source sounds poor. Any FM stations sound terrible because of the compression. Ipod sounds better, but somehow limited. Please try again with some well produced CDs.

on order: Pure - Fuji white, 5 door, auto, pan roof
2005-2008 BMW 530d, 2008-2011 LR FL2
30-09-2011 04:42pm
DynamicRRV

After reading this whole thread its now my turn to speak.....

I feel the RRE is just about at its maximum price,if it were too high then 18k orders would not have gone in so quick.

My order is costing me just shy of £46000 which is a Dynamic Lux Coupe Si4 with Heated Steering wheel,Lux Pack,Auto beam assist Xenons and all the goodies.

My last two FFRR have cost me just over £30k each second hand and have been superb value(albeit worth a lot less when it comes to sell).The Evoque however will definitely not lose "too much" if any value in the first year or so as demand outways supply and will continue to do so for many a month especially in top spec Dynamic/Prestige form and even more so with all the goodies added on.

The be all and end all is this.....if you can afford one then buy one,if your doubting your purchase then maybe just maybe its because you probably cant afford it,dont like spending so much on an unknown entity or are just doubting your own ability to decide on how to spend your hard earned!

I had doubts(see my thread).However after another 24 hours thinking about it and having now sold my FFRR in preparation for the RRE arrival I CANNOT WAIT to drive my very own "new car"......I earned the money,I deserve the rewards!

ENJOY!!!Smile
After reading this whole thread its now my turn to speak.....

I feel the RRE is just about at its maximum price,if it were too high then 18k orders would not have gone in so quick.

My order is costing me just shy of £46000 which is a Dynamic Lux Coupe Si4 with Heated Steering wheel,Lux Pack,Auto beam assist Xenons and all the goodies.

My last two FFRR have cost me just over £30k each second hand and have been superb value(albeit worth a lot less when it comes to sell).The Evoque however will definitely not lose "too much" if any value in the first year or so as demand outways supply and will continue to do so for many a month especially in top spec Dynamic/Prestige form and even more so with all the goodies added on.

The be all and end all is this.....if you can afford one then buy one,if your doubting your purchase then maybe just maybe its because you probably cant afford it,dont like spending so much on an unknown entity or are just doubting your own ability to decide on how to spend your hard earned!

I had doubts(see my thread).However after another 24 hours thinking about it and having now sold my FFRR in preparation for the RRE arrival I CANNOT WAIT to drive my very own "new car"......I earned the money,I deserve the rewards!

ENJOY!!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 04:43pm by DynamicRRV.)
30-09-2011 04:43pm
bogstomper

(30-09-2011 04:42pm)herrmoby Wrote:  
(30-09-2011 09:34am)Tekno Wrote:  Sound System - is fairly awful really (compared to my outgoing Mondeo) FM reception is patchy, bass is very wooley.

Last weekend I had a RRE with the big Meridian system for a test drive. I am used to British High-End for many years and I am convinced that the sound of the Meridian system is hard to top. But there is one tricky point: the Meridian system is brutally honest. A poor sounding source sounds poor. Any FM stations sound terrible because of the compression. Ipod sounds better, but somehow limited. Please try again with some well produced CDs.

+1 - I have a B&O system in my current car and it sounded pretty thin until I converted a load of mp3 files to Apple Lossless or played them off the original recorded CD - sounds like a different system and I wouldn't go back to mp3...
30-09-2011 05:01pm
mark_n

(30-09-2011 01:16pm)griff Wrote:  Tom Tom supply Renault so I think they must have some sort of lock in IMHO

What a dismally dull range of cars to be locked into...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-09-2011 05:03pm
berlin2011

Fascinating thread… great fun to read.

My two cents - The RRE is the first TRULY luxury small 4x4, perfect for what I wanted. The whole class concept that's so prevalent amongst the German brands where the bigger the body the nicer the interior and the more toys you get to add has been shattered by the RRE and that's why its perfect for me.

I toyed for years with the RRS, the Cayenne etc. but they were simply too big - I do not need the size, in fact I do not want the size. Something small, nippy and great looking is all I asked for, but I was not prepared to sacrifice on the luxury and that's where everyone else dropped the ball.

So frankly, price was never a consideration - it was the right product in the size that I wanted.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
30-09-2011 05:14pm