Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A much harder decision than I expected !
stitcher

A much harder decision than I expected !

Well I read all the reviews , got the brochure , got the iPad app, chose my spec and yesterday drove a 214 mile round trip to Inverness to drive the evoque . On first impressions I wasn't bowled over by the look of the prestige in Orkney grey in the showroom , it was smaller than I expected but it was the dynamic I wanted so pressed ahead , wife and kids loved it anyway. Then got the keys of a 5 door sd4 auto for a 1 hour test drive . I must admit the evoque is a brilliant drive , bit slow on the lift off but I'd just stepped out of my Supercharged S5 sportback so my wife also put me straight on that one . The ride and handling were first class , none of the body roll I was expecting . Anyway , I loved the car but enough to part with my year old S5 and hand over another 11k in the process , I don't know . At the end of the day I'll probably go for the car as it's exactly what my wife wants but does it really live up to all the hype , I'm not sure. There are obviously many people at the moment who are willing to pay the extra for exclusivity hence the long order books. On a final point I can fully recommend Macrae and dick land rover in inverness , the showroom was full of people and we were never rushed by the salesman when he was obviously under pressure . I wouldn't buy a dust cap off my local dealer in Aberdeen hence the journey to Inverness.
02-10-2011 01:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: A much harder decision than I expected !

Have only ever heard good things about Macrae and Dick - and yes quite a few FFRR and RRS owners travel to them for servicing and sales rather than use T&C............... it's a long haul but if the local dealer isn't giving the service then you have no option to use the next nearest

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-10-2011 04:50pm
ytshome

RE: A much harder decision than I expected !

Great to hear theres another good one out there!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
02-10-2011 06:27pm