Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The negatives
mark_n

RE: The negatives

I simply come back to the idea that the hype of this car has been so great that unrealistic expectations have been created of it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 07:50am by mark_n.)
02-10-2011 02:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

(01-10-2011 11:33pm)gead Wrote:  I think expectations can also be influenced by what car you are coming out of...a lot of people on here seem to have had some very nice cars in their history, so no doubt their expectations will be different to someone like me who is coming from a Volkswagen...

Agree with tekno, it's good to have a thread like this to keep things real... Wink

G'day Gead,
I've come from a VW GTI, via an Audi and my sense is that if the Evoque quality is that of the GTI I'll be well pleased! I think the interior and feel of the GTI really is top notch, and in my brief Evoque exposure it seemed on par - so I hope your expectations won't be dashed if the RR interior is on par with the VW. I absolutely do think the leather interior of the Audi is superior - but no Audi will take me the places I plan for the Evoque to travel Tongue Out
So trade-offs!
I know the bottom line is the Evoque is no daddy Supercharged Range Rover Sport if we are talking refinement/premium/high end. I saw one advertised here for $130,000 - I never even knew 4x4s could cost so much!! So I certainly don't expect baby range rover to win top marks in all
areas.
Actually, if I am to pay attention to the September issue of Car Magazine from the UK, I just might have sold the vehicle that is "way better in so many ways", except the ways that are important to me Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-10-2011 03:00am
Gorjan

Evoqess, comparing the Evoque to a Golf!? Come on... The Evoque is twice the price....

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
02-10-2011 07:17am
Barneyridge

I think Evoquess was comparing the quality of the interior. I would say the VW Corp (say all brands) have the best fit finish and quality of any brand in the world. Many say they are the benchmark. I would say the even a skoda would have a better quality, fit and finish of much more expensive cars.

Having said that, from my breif 5 min sit in the evoque the feel and touch was impressive.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
02-10-2011 08:15am
Gorjan

(02-10-2011 08:15am)Barneyridge Wrote:  I think Evoquess was comparing the quality of the interior. I would say the VW Corp (say all brands) have the best fit finish and quality of any brand in the world. Many say they are the benchmark. I would say the even a skoda would have a better quality, fit and finish of much more expensive cars.

Having said that, from my breif 5 min sit in the evoque the feel and touch was impressive.

Maybe they are high quality and fit and finish are good, but IMO they are quite boring, plain and dull and miss the feel good factor, that, for example, Range Rover cars have... Very important to have for me at least.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
02-10-2011 08:24am
GibEvoque

(02-10-2011 07:17am)Gorjan Wrote:  Evoqess, comparing the Evoque to a Golf!? Come on... The Evoque is twice the price....

Not really, a gti with DSG with few options on is near enough 30k, an evoque with a few options is 35k (as per my spec in my sig), very comparable in that respect.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
02-10-2011 09:51am
ami_evo

(02-10-2011 09:51am)GibEvoque Wrote:  
(02-10-2011 07:17am)Gorjan Wrote:  Evoqess, comparing the Evoque to a Golf!? Come on... The Evoque is twice the price....

Not really, a gti with DSG with few options on is near enough 30k, an evoque with a few options is 35k (as per my spec in my sig), very comparable in that respect.

That is debatable. Comparing a hatchback car to a premium small SUV is apples and oranges, and to me this comparison makes absolutely no sense. And from a price point of view, compare a base Golf to a base Evoque not the top end VW Golf.
02-10-2011 10:02am
Gorjan

In my country the Prestige And Dynamic Evoques are 50k EUR, while the Golf GTI is around 27k EUR... and no the dynamic doesnt have AD as standard, nor sat nav...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
02-10-2011 10:21am
Barneyridge

(02-10-2011 08:24am)Gorjan Wrote:  
(02-10-2011 08:15am)Barneyridge Wrote:  I think Evoquess was comparing the quality of the interior. I would say the VW Corp (say all brands) have the best fit finish and quality of any brand in the world. Many say they are the benchmark. I would say the even a skoda would have a better quality, fit and finish of much more expensive cars.

Maybe they are high quality and fit and finish are good, but IMO they are quite boring, plain and dull and miss the feel good factor, that, for example, Range Rover cars have... Very important to have for me at least.

Agree, I think some cars have a personality. Whist I have not have the opportunity to own an Aston/ Ferrari or some other awesome brands like others on here, I think my subaru's have had a personality and uniqueness. But the Subaru's fit and finish was crap.

I think we are all wanting the evoque to have the personality plus the quality to match. Even if it doesn't I think I will still look back long after I sell the evoque and think, that was a good car glad I owned one.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
02-10-2011 11:20am
Blackseries

(02-10-2011 10:02am)ameer Wrote:  
(02-10-2011 09:51am)GibEvoque Wrote:  

That is debatable. Comparing a hatchback car to a premium small SUV is apples and oranges, and to me this comparison makes absolutely no sense. And from a price point of view, compare a base Golf to a base Evoque not the top end VW Golf.

.... Just specced up a Golf GTi 2.0 TSi as per a Prestige / Dynamic - you can't have 19" wheels and a glass roof together in the Golf for some reason but if you could the total comes to £37,000 so a £3- 4K premium for the Evoque (for 4x4 .. etc)..... UK prices.

..... as I've said before the Evoque is well specced compared to traditional cars ... so even if you compare Apples with Oranges (Hatch with 4x4) if you want those options (as I do) the RRE is not outrageously expensive.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
02-10-2011 12:35pm