Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you buy another?
J77

RE: Would you buy another?

Without a shadow of a doubt. I have stuck with the brand through good times and bad and wouldn't drive anything other than a LR. The service I receive from my dealer is excellent which makes it a bit easier if the car develops a fault. IMO LR have got it right, the build quality has improved vastly compared to my Disco 3 which caused me a lot of heart ache and a 3 week stay at the dealers to get a new engine.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-03-2012 04:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DT

Bought coupe dynamic sd4 auto in sept. same spec hatchback arrives this week. costing £3k to upgrade that should answer a few of your questions.
04-03-2012 05:12pm
vinny

Would buy an auto next time but only if it was 8 speed,same colour and spec except make it a dynamic.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
04-03-2012 05:44pm
Mag1c_dragon

Cheers for the info Smile
(04-03-2012 05:12pm)DT Wrote:  Bought coupe dynamic sd4 auto in sept. same spec hatchback arrives this week. costing £3k to upgrade that should answer a few of your questions.

Cheers for the info Smile
I will have to have a think about if we would want petrol/diesel or manual/auto this time . . .

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 06:52pm by Mag1c_dragon.)
04-03-2012 06:50pm
Delta

I would def buy it again. IF and hopefully *(Crosses fingers) they have the SD4 and manual available up here then I would trade in a heart beat. The dealer said it might be a possibility with JLR brining the Diesel XF to North America. So they might bring the manual/SD4 to North America in the next year or a bit.

There are a few things I would change for sure. I will not get a Fuji white next time, as all the Evoques I've seen in my area are Fuji white.

Also I hate you UK peeps having all the options I want on a Dynamic like your sport seats are HAWT that's not even an option here, neither is a dual screen or the option to take out useless things like homelink etc. sigh.
but yes I would buy another.
That or I just give the RRE to my wife and I wait for the new Jag CX16. O_o
05-03-2012 06:09pm
invoke

I'll never ever ever never not at all in million years buy this line. It's more of a status symbol than quality symbol.

Poor workmanship, poor standards, poor R&D, poor material and most of all poor customer service.

Regret leaving BMW. The ultimate driving machine.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
06-03-2012 03:54am
Aussievoque

(06-03-2012 03:54am)invoke Wrote:  Regret leaving BMW.

+1
06-03-2012 05:20am
whizzer

I wouldnt buy another - Had issues / build quality / Its not the "prestige" product I thought it would be
06-03-2012 01:35pm
Sarcastrix

(04-03-2012 01:32pm)tetstb Wrote:  The real problem is the engine and gearbox combo, it needs a bigger engine and better gearbox for me so maybe its just the wrong choice.

I don't think it needs a bigger engine, just a better/more modern engine. (yes, I know the DW12 is euro-5 but it's still a far way behind the Germans).

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
06-03-2012 02:11pm
Mag1c_dragon

Well surprise surprise, the dealer hasn't responded to my emails or voicemails! Reminding me of the shoddy CS I received when I originally ordered my car. nnot sure if I can be bothered putting up with that again!

Maybe I should just hold off and put a deposit down on a Macan. Let's see if they respond to me when I make an enquiry . . . .

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
06-03-2012 06:29pm