Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???
leeselee

RE: The longest wait of my life - is it worth it???

(14-03-2012 05:59pm)Michelle Wrote:  Same over here, minimum 6 months. I finish paying my Honda in september so the timing is fine. I neither have ever waited for anything that long apart from my 2 girls. Just imagine the joy when we go and pick it up in october. (I haven't got a date yet).

I too finish finance in September, so the wait is necessary.

The dealer seemed to be quite honest when he said six months. I dont feel he was lying to me.

I paid a deposit and have been having "ho hums" about the colour choice I made. I called the dealer and he said to keep thinking and we will speak in a month when I need to make a final decision

Im kind of hoping I will then get a better idea of build and delivery times.
(14-03-2012 06:10pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Rolling with Laughter

Sorry!!

Hahaha!

Forums tend to scare me. But this website is so imformative, I had to join

I am going to get this car...... I am still in shock as to how popular this car is and how hard they are to obtain

My brother works for BMW and he is telling me the same story with the X3 sport. At least a six month wait.

I am probably finding it so difficult to cope with as obviously I have never bought anything so in demand!
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 06:19pm by leeselee.)
14-03-2012 06:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(14-03-2012 06:11pm)leeselee Wrote:  I am still in shock as to how popular this car is and how hard they are to obtain

My brother works for BMW and he is telling me the same story with the X3 sport. At least a six month wait.
I am probably finding it so difficult to cope with as obviously I have never bought anything so in demand!

That's one up for Range Rover then if your brother works for B*W. I expect many of the buyers of that X3 will wish they had bought a Range Rover come next winter!
Evoque has far more style than that thing.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-03-2012 07:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leeselee

(14-03-2012 07:37pm)The Valeter Wrote:  That's one up for Range Rover then if your brother works for B*W. I expect many of the buyers of that X3 will wish they had bought a Range Rover come next winter!
Evoque has far more style than that thing.

I am not a BMW girl. The X3 sport has rave reviews, but it looks dull to me. The Evoque oozes excitement and fun and with all the extras, it seems you can make it as classy as you like.
14-03-2012 07:47pm
Evo-king

leeselee

You said.

"The dealer seemed to be quite honest when he said six months. I dont feel he was lying to me.

I paid a deposit and have been having "ho hums" about the colour choice I made. I called the dealer and he said to keep thinking and we will speak in a month when I need to make a final decision

Im kind of hoping I will then get a better idea of build and delivery times."

Most of this is correct, If you have got plenty of time on your hands, you will read posts on here covering all aspects of potential/ownership issues.

You will find many have changed their spec whilst their order is in the holding pool. But you do not need to make a final decision until your car is called forward for build and even then you should have a few weeks to make your mind up.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that it appears that the factory is finally upping its production, something that has been talked about at length on here, let's hope it is true this time around. We are reliably informed that 2 out of 3 cars made at the moment are for Overseas orders, but it does seem that there is some kind of push going on at the moment because of the 12 plate and end of year issues, this may improve the situation regarding UK orders.

Time will tell, as patience is definitely a virtue on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-03-2012 11:35pm