Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you buy another?
Token

RE: Would you buy another?

No chance would I buy another. I love the car and am a massive advocate of the British brand, but my dealership experience since owning the car has made me consider selling the car and never again getting a Land Rover.

I have always accepted that you don't get a premium service with Land Rover, but it's just got too bad and I simply don't have the time in my life to deal with it.

Saddens me greatly, but considering chopping in for a 5 series touring or an X5

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
10-03-2012 08:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Would you buy another?

Token, it's a real shame that you love the car, but i can completely understand how the dealer has tarnished it for you.

I felt exactly the same with my previous car (Kuga), I loved the car, but the poor attitude of the dealer in the time I owner the car put me off buying another. It wouldn't stop me buying another Kuga, but it wouldn't be a brand new one and I would service it elsewhere so the dealer didnt get any of my hard earned cash.

There are quite a few forum members who (like me) are first timers to the LR brand (as this is what i believe they were targeting when designing the Evoque), and the car is massively popular at the moment, but we are not stupid and won't put up with poor service just to say that we own a Range Rover.

There will soon be something newer coming along and LR need to be very careful that they don't end up with an extremely good "car of the moment" and sell shed loads for the first few years whilst it is a new design and then we all desert LR after a few years and change to whatever the next big thing is in cars.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 08:54am by ceebee.)
10-03-2012 08:54am
Mag1c_dragon

We have decided not to upgrade this year and not get another. The dealer not getting back to me has really peed me off - how arogant! I love the car, but think I will be like others and be a first and only time LR owner!

I will keep the RRE and enjoy my time with it until Porsche or BMW release their alternatives Smile

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
10-03-2012 09:57am
Token

Spot on Ceebee

10-03-2012 10:13am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you have issues with dealerships (and even the brand faithful has them) have you raised them in writing with LR and copied the letter to the DP of the concerned outlet? Have you also "named and shamed" them in the dealership experience section? If you don't complain directly to the makers but only complain via websites like this then no manufacturer is going to look into the matter, they just don't take websites seriously or have time to read them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 10:24am by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2012 10:22am
Token

You are right Tim...it's on my agenda this morning. I am genuinly so disappointed as I am such a big fan of the cars and was seriously considering getting the missus a Defender.

The cause of my complaint on this occassion is as follows:

a) My cargo barrier has been fitted at a slight angle and in such a way that the Parcel Shelf can no longer be used (holes have been drilled to fit this so no idea how it will be rectified)

b) The work took a day and a half to complete (to their credit, they did honour the initial quote which was only £90) and they seemed to have no idea how to do it

c) They have scratched the bodywork, this is the third time! (this happened before with them with my FFRR and with another Stratstone recently with the Evoque)

d) I called last night when I got home and inspected the car and as of 10am this morning, I have still not received the promised call back

Right...must start writing that letter.

10-03-2012 10:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Good luck Token, keep us posted. I had similar issues with one of the big dealerships in Glasgow - not with repairs/accessories but trying to buy a car. I complained to the DP and my complaint was dealt with to my satisfaction, however my opinion of the dealer then was "if this is how the staff sell a car, what will the after sales be like?" and I never went back and they lost the sale of a full spec Disco2 V8. I then found family run franchise that I have been using since 1998 for servicing, I did use them for buying as well until I found James and his team in Park Royal who could offer deals and delivery dates that the local guys couldn't.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 11:24am by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2012 11:23am
Token

They have redeemed themselves a little...chap came out to have a look this morning and has promised to put the barrier and the scratch right... And in addition will spray out all the stone chips on the bumper.

Still not good, but I'm happier and once again a Land Rover advocate!!

I love Land Rover and would buy another Evoque in a flash!!

I'm such a push-over!

10-03-2012 12:29pm
lesdon499

I picked mine up on 1/3 and I still haven't stopped smiling Very Happy
I traded an X3 which I'd kept for 4 years as I really rated it and yes I did have concerns about moving from BMW but whilst its early, its great Very Happy
Dealer was first class and so here's to the next few miles Smile

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
14-03-2012 09:32pm
Vern

Token you had me really worried. Picking my Dynamic up from Strastone's on Friday and as you can see I am also in Cheltenham so probably the same dealer as yours. Was starting to look at what other dealers are around to service the Evoque. happy you have softened your position.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating I suppose.

Haven't got mine yet so not qualified to say if I would buy another, but bursting with anticipation.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
14-03-2012 11:48pm