Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you buy another?
cjfp

RE: Would you buy another?

I do have to say that it really does appear that the early builds (most of which went abroad) really do seem to have many more (and serious) problems than the later build cars that are in the UK. Mine was a Dec 11 build and i have had absolutely no problems and would certainly buy another again (wait experience excluded!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-03-2012 04:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(08-03-2012 04:00pm)invoke Wrote:  no matter what, beamer is still the best....

BMW X3 road test outscores EVOQUE

Mikely sorry to hear about dilemma.

This is the Consumer reports review, which does seem a bit biased. Every car in that line-up was better than the evoque. The others were made in the US. Personally I think you can't really compare the cars. I think the evoque is in a class of its own between the X1 and the X3, but I haven't driven the X3. The evoque is the first car I took out for a test, enough to convince me.
08-03-2012 06:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No problems other than a noisy door seal on my August built car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-03-2012 06:52pm
EVO PUNDITT

(08-03-2012 04:08pm)cjfp Wrote:  I do have to say that it really does appear that the early builds (most of which went abroad) really do seem to have many more (and serious) problems than the later build cars that are in the UK. Mine was a Dec 11 build and i have had absolutely no problems and would certainly buy another again (wait experience excluded!)

+1 same here mine is a Nov 11 built car, apart from 1 door trimm uneven I have had no problems and I am getting the best fuel economy by far!

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
08-03-2012 08:47pm
ChuckieB

BMW X3 road test outscores EVOQUE

Mikely sorry to hear about dilemma.

It does irritate me when I read the Evoque is considered cramped! It's really not that bad! I seriously considered ordering an X3 this time last year but for the 10 month lead time and the lack of interest from the dealer in trying to find me a manual to test. The killer for me was the relatively awkward access to the rear and the fact that it is not a practical 5 seater. Room for 2 "oversized" persons but then just then a "stick" in the middle! The middle belt fixings are just too close together. In that respect the Evoque is more practical and will perform better when it snows! .......and I find it more aspirational to own a RR than a BMW. Rant overVery Happy

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
08-03-2012 09:13pm
Delta

I have a Dec 18th build date and have had zero problems in regards to electronics, or engine, or even Gas milage. So hopefully the RRE just gets better.

In terms of the X3 I haven't test driven the 2011 (new model) but I have driven the 2009 and it was stiff as steel. One of the harshest compact SUV's I've ever driven. And the Beamer interior is ok, not great. Much prefer the RRE over it. But again I can't say much for the newer models.
09-03-2012 04:47pm
IKM

(09-03-2012 04:47pm)Delta Wrote:  I have a Dec 18th build date and have had zero problems in regards to electronics, or engine, or even Gas milage. So hopefully the RRE just gets better.

In terms of the X3 I haven't test driven the 2011 (new model) but I have driven the 2009 and it was stiff as steel. One of the harshest compact SUV's I've ever driven. And the Beamer interior is ok, not great. Much prefer the RRE over it. But again I can't say much for the newer models.
I did test drive the "new" X3 and Q5 before deciding to buy my RRE. In fact initially I had an X3 on order before the launch of the RRE. The RRE cost me more than either alternative, and I still don't regret my decision.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-03-2012 05:08pm
leveller

I think I would (see disclaimer below).

I love her.

But I am mad at LR for being cheap on the touchscreen and its software. I truly expect my next Evoque (see disclaimer below) to have proper current tech. We don't pay these premiums to have a great looking car fitted with dated tech. Sat nav needs to be provided by TomTom as well. Really not a fan of LR's sat navs.

(I reserve the right to change my mind at any time)

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
09-03-2012 05:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thank goodness LR didn't bring Evoque out in 2009 then when D3,RRS and FFRR were still being sold with green LCD info screens...... and FFRR had BMW pixels as well
It was only for 2010MY that FFRR got the superb FTF flat screen dashboard (I was amazed that Evoque didn't get one as the Jag XJ got it) and the RRS / D4 got much improved info screens

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2012 06:17pm
PhilSkill

Even if it were better, all matter of opinion, I still wouldn't buy it...

Used a BMW dealer once for a Mini service, worst service I ever had! repaired it myself in the end as they screwed it up.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-03-2012 07:57pm