Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you buy another?
Daigriff

RE: Would you buy another?

I've never bought the same car twice and dont think I will change my habit. I love the Evoque and apart from a flat spot at very low speeds have been impresssed so far.

Probably would like a biggger boot but thats not the Evoques fault, and heated rear seats as there are four of us (hyundai provide them in a car a third of the price) but cant think of much else.

A larger Evoque...or the new RRS may beckon if realiability is maintained.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-03-2012 11:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

I was one of the most vocal complainers when the dates were constantly shifting but now that I have my car, I'm delighted with it. I haven't had a single issue with it. I would certainly buy another but I don't do change for change's sake so there would have to be a reason to do it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-03-2012 12:06am
lngrn36

I'm thinking about buying a five door for the wife!
(03-03-2012 09:14am)tetstb Wrote:  Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the one I have and been so disappointed by early build quality issues. I think it will be a much better car after the next or even next again refresh. I know the key is to
meet emission targets but they need a better gearbox and true RR fans will want a bigger engine.

Im pretty sure they will learn from their mistakes, after all they did with the Disco as it is now a pretty good effort, but they have gone too much for style over substance in the current model.

Sure it is a nicer car than say a Q5 or X3 but the build quality is not as good as my workhorse Honda CRv and for the price , they have to get that sorted.

I've got mine back now after the dealer has had it for a total of 14 days and they have added over 580 miles somehow and for a £44k car that's not acceptable.

I wouldn't buy another LR product at all based on this experience.

How early in the build? I had a horrendous mirror wind noise from a defective seal. Other than that, not one problem and I took delivery in mid December.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 01:04am by lngrn36.)
04-03-2012 12:56am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thumper

I would in a heart beat!! I am truly loving this car. This comes from a person who has traded in a 2011 BMW E92 M3 that was fully loaded for the Evoque.

The ride is WAY better, the sound systems is 10 x better than BMW's premium sound system and the electronics are far superior.

So, yes. I would.

Luvin' every minute of if it!!!
04-03-2012 01:26am
benzina

Would i buy another?.....ABSOLUTELY!!!!
These days the word GREAT is all to often used to describe something not really worthy of the word, but this car is a game changer,that appeares to have everything i could want from a car,in a compact design that is simply breathtaking......and i think it is most worthy of the word GREAT!!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-03-2012 05:11am
Mag1c_dragon

Glad I am not alone in this thinking. We got more or less 7% forces discount on the car (and would get a discount on an other), plus a years payments, I am hoping we will at least break even and not have to throw any money at it.

Decisions - suppose there is no harm in giving the dealer a ring and seeing what they think!

I noticed on the used we site, that there are not many SD4 Auto Dynamics, not sure if that is a good thing or not? The one that is on there that doesn't have a Lux pack (like mine) is up for sale £3k more than I paid, has a lower spec and a lot more miles. Dare say its a couple of months older too.

I bet LR offer pathetic PX prices though! I suppose if they do I just won't change. Cant really be bothered with the hassle of selling private!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
04-03-2012 08:49am
j7david

I'd buy another, definitely.

I have: SD4 Auto, Dynamic, Fuji, Pano roof, Adaptive Xenon, 19" wheels, Heated steering wheel, Privacy glass.

I'd buy the same again, but add:
- upgraded 825W stereo (the existing one is fine, but I spend a lot of time listening to music in the vehicle),
- auto-dimming rear-view mirror (it's annoying with the tilting manual mirror when the panoramic roof is open, or if child has light on in the back, you just get loads of reflections),
- powered tailgate (the tailgate picks up a HUGE amount of dirt),
- keyless entry (can never figure out where to put the keys after getting in),
- and I'd choose a different colour, maybe Havana. (Love the Fuji ... for the 12 hours after each wash).
(With all those options, I'd actually probably get Lux pack to help residuals).
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 12:02pm by j7david.)
04-03-2012 12:02pm
Mag1c_dragon

I would add Lux pack this time of rate same reasons.

Have sent an email to the dealer - lets see if they respond!

(04-03-2012 12:02pm)j7david Wrote:  I'd buy another, definitely.

I have: SD4 Auto, Dynamic, Fuji, Pano roof, Adaptive Xenon, 19" wheels, Heated steering wheel, Privacy glass.

I'd buy the same again, but add:
- upgraded 825W stereo (the existing one is fine, but I spend a lot of time listening to music in the vehicle),
- auto-dimming rear-view mirror (it's annoying with the tilting manual mirror when the panoramic roof is open, or if child has light on in the back, you just get loads of reflections),
- powered tailgate (the tailgate picks up a HUGE amount of dirt),
- keyless entry (can never figure out where to put the keys after getting in),
- and I'd choose a different colour, maybe Havana. (Love the Fuji ... for the 12 hours after each wash).
(With all those options, I'd actually probably get Lux pack to help residuals).

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

04-03-2012 12:12pm
tetstb

I think for me its just too expensive for what it is. I have an SD4 dynamic and by the time I added extras and accessories it was just a touch over £44K and I don't think it is worth that money. The real problem is the engine and gearbox combo, it needs a bigger engine and better gearbox for me so maybe its just the wrong choice.

Now that the rattles are gone and I can enjoy driving it I am happier but I think the new Porsche and revised Q5 will be better cars.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
04-03-2012 01:32pm
Mag1c_dragon

Ultimately, I can see us getting a Macan when we replace the RRE eventually. Its just a case of do we have one or 2 Evoque's in the mean time! No doubt they will have their teething niggles in the first year of production too . . .

04-03-2012 01:42pm