Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to say goodbye :-(
speary

Time to say goodbye :-(

Sad to say but I am off back to Audi. Just ordered an A5 Sline SE Cabriolet 2.0 petrol 225 bhp. It's land rovers fault by contacting me to make me an offer to buy back my Evoque and once the seed of change is planted I find it difficult to resist ( I was supposed to keep the Evoque for 5 years). So I looked at the Audi and the new BMW 4 Cab ( golf clubs and trolley won't fit in even with the roof up). This reminded me of the big quality difference between Audi/BMW and Land Rover. Also servicing has been rediculous. It's cost me £700 in 2 years. Audis first service after 2 years will be £200. Also the petrol A5 looks like it will be more economical.
Don't get me wrong I have absolutely loved owning my Evoque and no doubt there will be problems and little niggles with the A5 but my previous Audis didn't rattle and rattles in my Evoque drive me mad
This has been one of the best forums I have been on and a big thanks to all who contribute really useful info and sometimes not so useful info

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-07-2014 08:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

RE: Time to say goodbye :-(

Had one of the last A4 cabriolets made on a 58 plate, and then on to a Q7 lovely cars.
Can you expand on the......LR contact to buy your Evoque back?

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
08-07-2014 09:52am
speary

(08-07-2014 09:52am)Redrob Wrote:  Had one of the last A4 cabriolets made on a 58 plate, and then on to a Q7 lovely cars.
Can you expand on the......LR contact to buy your Evoque back?

I had an A4 cab for 5 years, it was the best car I've had so far.
Re the buy back, I got an email from my dealer about a month ago saying they were low on stock of used Evoques and to contact them if I was interested in selling. The initial offer was about £1000 above top book price but to be honest I would take that with a pinch of salt. I will be back in touch with them this week to see what the real offer would be

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-07-2014 01:45pm
Redrob

Yeah lovely cars, almost part exed it against a 4.2 V8 S4 cab but couldn't get the figures right.......one of my all time regrets.
Happy motoring with your new car.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
08-07-2014 03:41pm
mark_n

So, are you expecting LR to buy your car back without you buying another Land Rover? Seems unlikely to me...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-07-2014 03:47pm
speary

(08-07-2014 03:47pm)mark_n Wrote:  So, are you expecting LR to buy your car back without you buying another Land Rover? Seems unlikely to me...

Yes they will but they want it in the next week or so. I will tell you how much once I have concluded the deal

09-07-2014 08:29am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to see you leave us Speary, enjoy your new steed.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-07-2014 09:36am
David-H.

Will be interested to hear what price you get as I'm considering trading our Evoque in against another LR product at our local dealer.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
09-07-2014 10:21am
m_101

Agreed with David-H - I love mine apart from the colour, but would consider trading it in against a new evoque as I tested one and the quality does seem to have significantly improved with newer models (although not sure if quite up to German quality yet, but the design is just so much better!)

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-07-2014 11:06pm
Tony

(10-07-2014 11:06pm)m_101 Wrote:  Agreed with David-H - I love mine apart from the colour, but would consider trading it in against a new evoque as I tested one and the quality does seem to have significantly improved with newer models (although not sure if quite up to German quality yet, but the design is just so much better!)

The build quality has not improved.

After just over a week ours is going back to the dealer with the words "keep it until you have fixed the rattle, if you can't fix it then its a full refund".

Many things improved after our last one but still the build quality sucks. LR are only interested in quantity NOT QUALITY. If you are looking to spend £40 to £50 and expecting a good standard of build DO NOT BUY AN EVOQUE. Hate to say this but our next vehicle will be GERMAN.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 09:39am by Tony.)
10-07-2014 11:32pm