Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to say goodbye :-(
Tony

RE: Time to say goodbye :-(

(12-07-2014 09:02pm)vinny Wrote:  I've had mine on auto trader for 6 weeks but no takers yet,I ordered an SQ5 after driving everything else in the class,BMW/merc/etc...nothing else came close to the performance and I actually found it quieter,more comfortable and more economical than the evoque.
Looking forward to decent performance and having a panoramic roof that actually opens,only things I will miss is the looks and interior materials as the Audi dash is functional to say the least.The Audi infotainment system is not touch screen but the display is HD compared to land rover standards!
I know when the going gets tough the LR product is where I'd rather be but price wise the evoque has done itself no favours based on what it has to offer plus the dealers were offering me £1000 less than we buy any wreck.com which again is a ridiculous situation,dropping the range rover sport se was the final nail in the coffin for me as overnight it placed a new sport out of my price range.

+1 on Sq5 v Evoque, why the fxxx did I stay with LR after they dropped the RRS SE

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
12-07-2014 09:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(12-07-2014 06:27pm)J77 Wrote:  I'm waiting patiently for prices and specs for the Disco Sport (why that name Rolling Eyes )It's looking like a start price of £30k, it's poor show from LR at this stage with the Evoque I had the car specced, build date and delivery date. I'm intending to spec this one well, as it could be my last for a while as the price for LR products is heading in the wrong direction.

At £30k start prices are 10%+ up on the outgoing Freelander.

I would normally wait a year before buying a new model to make sure all the glitches have been sorted, however three years on and the Evoque still has an unacceptable number build quality issues.

My Dad worked all his life for British Leyland in its various forms, we always had BL cars as they were almost given to employees (you would not pay good money for one!). The last two new MGB's I had 1977 and 1979 were almost supplied in kit form, you did the final assembly and fault finding yourself - at least they were simple to work on. Looks like LR are still preserving that part of their DNA.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
13-07-2014 10:36am
olde

It is odd how the rattles seem to suddenly appear after owning the car for a year. Its as if the fit between the components has altered in use. For example, the back doors do a squeaky rattle when you go over a bump.

Also, we had the outside a-pillar trim replaced twice, for both a-pillars, as they send a squeaky noise into the cabin via the front windscreen, so its almost impossible to figure out where the squeak is coming from. Apparently, there is a design fault with the clips that hold them on. You would think RR would have a fix for such a small problem by now...

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
14-07-2014 07:58pm
mark_n

My early Evoque is 31 months old, 25k miles and apart from a failed battery (which we know was down to a software problem with it not being charged enough) and a mis-fitting piece of trim, it's been absolutely fine. I drove 350 miles in it yesterday and marvelled at the quiet motorway cruising. I think it's great.

It does sound like LR are cutting corners to keep the volumes up and the only thing to do is badger the dealer with anything and everything you think is wrong.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-07-2014 08:02pm
Tony

(15-07-2014 08:02pm)mark_n Wrote:  My early Evoque is 31 months old, 25k miles and apart from a failed battery (which we know was down to a software problem with it not being charged enough) and a mis-fitting piece of trim, it's been absolutely fine. I drove 350 miles in it yesterday and marvelled at the quiet motorway cruising. I think it's great.

It does sound like LR are cutting corners to keep the volumes up and the only thing to do is badger the dealer with anything and everything you think is wrong.

Today we left our two week old Evoque at the dealers and have just arrived home (125 miles) in a FFRR demo. They can hear the squeaking in the rear N/S of the car but after a day have not tracked it down and they are really trying to sort it. I don't know how long LR allow the dealers to spend on this type of warrantee work without results. The next few days could be interesting because if its not fixed I don't want it back - end of!. Even if its fixed I will be chasing LRCS for 500 miles worth of diesel fuel ( dealer and back in my Evoque 250 miles and dealer and back in the FFRR 250 miles) plus two days of my time wasted.

15-07-2014 09:55pm
PhilSkill

Hi Tony, Mine sometimes squeaks in the rear, and if I release the offside Rear Seat catch but still leave the seat up, it stops. People sitting in the back always assumed it was the plastic next to them, as it stopped when they pressed it, but it was actually them leaning against the seat that stopped the Squeak. Dealer sorted it temporarily probably by lubricating the seat catch, but it comes back from time to time. Worth making sure they try driving it like this or with the rear seats down.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-07-2014 09:10pm
Tony

(16-07-2014 09:10pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Tony, Mine sometimes squeaks in the rear, and if I release the offside Rear Seat catch but still leave the seat up, it stops. People sitting in the back always assumed it was the plastic next to them, as it stopped when they pressed it, but it was actually them leaning against the seat that stopped the Squeak. Dealer sorted it temporarily probably by lubricating the seat catch, but it comes back from time to time. Worth making sure they try driving it like this or with the rear seats down.

Hi Phil, todays report is they have had everything out - parcel shelf, spare wheel, boot floor, tools, etc. Seats folded, technician lying in the boot and it still squeaks. We have a FFRR demo on loan and don't want to give it back, wonderful car, thinking of making an offer of our Evoque plus £5k - fat chance!!

16-07-2014 09:39pm
ChuckieB

(16-07-2014 09:10pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Tony, Mine sometimes squeaks in the rear, and if I release the offside Rear Seat catch but still leave the seat up, it stops. People sitting in the back always assumed it was the plastic next to them, as it stopped when they pressed it, but it was actually them leaning against the seat that stopped the Squeak. Dealer sorted it temporarily probably by lubricating the seat catch, but it comes back from time to time. Worth making sure they try driving it like this or with the rear seats down.

I think I have that very same squeak! I'll go check it out.

Car's in again on Saturday to have a new lighting component for the rear number plate. One of the bulbs was quite dim and it turned out not to be the bulb. But guess what. It's a case of interior trim off from inside the hatch just to get access? Now why doesn't that surprise me! 1/2 hr job. Glad I'm not paying.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
16-07-2014 11:22pm
The Valeter

(13-07-2014 10:36am)Tony Wrote:  At £30k start prices are 10%+ up on the outgoing Freelander.

I would normally wait a year before buying a new model to make sure all the glitches have been sorted, however three years on and the Evoque still has an unacceptable number build quality issues.

My Dad worked all his life for British Leyland in its various forms, we always had BL cars as they were almost given to employees (you would not pay good money for one!). The last two new MGB's I had 1977 and 1979 were almost supplied in kit form, you did the final assembly and fault finding yourself - at least they were simple to work on. Looks like LR are still preserving that part of their DNA.

Being a life long fan of Austin, MG & Rover etc I have often noticed a lot of similarities In Freelander & Evoque (Evoque moreso) to many AR/MGR etc cars despite Landrover having owners since the Rover Group days. In some ways I like that but agree it would be better if quality niggles were ironed out!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-07-2014 11:35am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Or the prices reduced to reflect the shoddy build......... Somewhere around the price of a Dacia Duster would be more appropriate as the two Dusters I have travelled have been rattle free and well screwed together even if the quality of the fittings isn't quite the same as the Evoque's at least it's properly put together, unfortunately not something I can say for my current Evoque

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 01:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-07-2014 01:40pm