Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suspension creak.
The Valeter

RE: Suspension creak.

The service department may querry this at first as mine did but tell them there is a Landrover bulletin on this.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-11-2012 12:21am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobM

Very Happy Hoorah, after three visits to the dealer they have finally traced and fixed the creaking noise.

Visit 1 - Loosen lower ball joint turn through 90 degrees and retorque - Didnt fix anything
Visit 2 - After consulting JLR both front struts replaced - Didnt fix anything - actually a bit worse
Visit 3 - Were going to change both lower wishbones but actually traced the fault to the anti roll bar rubber bushes which they apparently cleaned and lubricated with 'special' grease.

All sorted now, nice and quiet. They did say they had contacted JLR and notified them of the fault so it might not take so much time to trace the issues if you are unfortunate enough to have the same problem.

They hadn't had any others in with the same fault until later that same day when their demonstrator with 500 miles on the clock started doing the same thing and was next in line to be silenced after they finished mine Very Happy

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
30-11-2012 08:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Good info there, Bob M.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-12-2012 11:31am
David-H.

(30-11-2012 08:56pm)BobM Wrote:  Very Happy Hoorah, after three visits to the dealer they have finally traced and fixed the creaking noise.

Visit 1 - Loosen lower ball joint turn through 90 degrees and retorque - Didnt fix anything
Visit 2 - After consulting JLR both front struts replaced - Didnt fix anything - actually a bit worse
Visit 3 - Were going to change both lower wishbones but actually traced the fault to the anti roll bar rubber bushes which they apparently cleaned and lubricated with 'special' grease.

All sorted now, nice and quiet. They did say they had contacted JLR and notified them of the fault so it might not take so much time to trace the issues if you are unfortunate enough to have the same problem.

They hadn't had any others in with the same fault until later that same day when their demonstrator with 500 miles on the clock started doing the same thing and was next in line to be silenced after they finished mine Very Happy

Interesting.

Mine was in last week (for three days!), and they have definitely decided the lower arms need replaced. Unfortunately they are on back order from LR and will take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive. The car is provisionally booked in for December 20th. I will update again after then.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
01-12-2012 12:01pm
BobM

(01-12-2012 12:01pm)David-H. Wrote:  Interesting.

Mine was in last week (for three days!), and they have definitely decided the lower arms need replaced. Unfortunately they are on back order from LR and will take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive. The car is provisionally booked in for December 20th. I will update again after then.

David.

I really would show them this info. They were in the process of stripping the front suspension (again) to replace the lower arms on my car when the technician found the problem anti roll bar bushes almost by accident. He had undone the end mounts and was twisting it out of the way when the awful creaking noise appeared. No need to change the bottom arms, the noise is totally gone after some appropriate lubrication. The dealer also sent a technical report to JLR so possible even when yours goes back in now they wont change the lower arms and just grease the bushes.

What I would like to know is how many people will never drive over a speed hump/ramp when the car had been sitting overnight or all day when this noise is at its worst and will never know there could be a problem. I dont think it is isolated to a few cars. I think this could be a real issue. I know that it is purely cost that they still use rubber bushes when for a few pence more at the build stage you could engineer this problem out with poly bushes.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 05:30pm by BobM.)
01-12-2012 03:56pm
David-H.

Hi all.

Just a quick update.

My dealer fitted new suspension arms along with a full set of anti-roll bar bushes and the car is now silent over speed bumps.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
30-12-2012 01:57pm
David87

My car has this exact issue - I've informed the dealer and it's going to (hopefully!) be rectified when it's serviced at the end of January. I'll report back.
01-01-2013 08:25pm
Tosh

Mine has been in for the offside. 2 fixes have been done but I gather from the indy that did the work that LR have a note out that a suspension grinding type noise is also possibly a trim issue somewhere deep in the bowels. I've been told that if my creak is not gone, they will take the car in and try that

I'll know more when I attack my local speed humps!

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
29-01-2013 05:26pm
ChuckieB

Just one of the items on my list of things to be looked at when it went in for its first service today. Just one of the items that came away unresolved.

They acted on the LR Bulletin but the creak continues to be there over speed bumps when the car is not warmed up. Not sure how concerned I should really be? Will need to push them further but interested to see the lengths other dealers have gone to to resolve this and to see if the anti roll bar bushes are the culprit.

I was amused, when arranging collection, highlighting the belt screech (one on my list) and the battery issues (fortunately not one on my list) being experienced by myself and others when 3 other customers piped up about the very same issues! The service manager was a bit speechless. It seems we truly are in a unique club here! I think they must have been LR nuts as they all seemed quite stoic about these failings.

We'll keep plugging away. Am sensing it's much better and more productive to maintain a decent dialogue with the dealer on all this!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
20-02-2013 11:17pm
tash

Mine has this 34k miles now and getting worse, dealer said seems ok to them!

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
22-02-2013 11:17pm