Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suspension creak.
scrannel

RE: Suspension creak.

Well, not sure how UK cars are equipped but of the people on this page I didn't see anyone (in their "signature" anyway) indicate they have MagneRide. From what I can tell 5 Dr cars with MagneRide have different front springs "Load CLass A" and everything else seems to have B, including coupes with MagneRide. Not sure if that's a factor. Just an observation. But when I used to install performance sway bars that came with urethane bushes, most manufacturers supplied a "lubricant" to keep the bushes from "creaking".

If you go to this site (and scroll down) you'll see both front and rear of a mag car suspension.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=23451

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
23-02-2013 02:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(23-02-2013 02:40am)scrannel Wrote:  Well, not sure how UK cars are equipped but of the people on this page I didn't see anyone (in their "signature" anyway) indicate they have MagneRide. From what I can tell 5 Dr cars with MagneRide have different front springs "Load CLass A" and everything else seems to have B, including coupes with MagneRide. Not sure if that's a factor. Just an observation. But when I used to install performance sway bars that came with urethane bushes, most manufacturers supplied a "lubricant" to keep the bushes from "creaking".

If you go to this site (and scroll down) you'll see both front and rear of a mag car suspension.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=47&i=23451

AD = Adaptive Dynamics = Magneride call it what you will in the the UK. It's standard on the Dynamic and an option on the Prestige over here.

All the hot money is on it being something to do with the bushes but none of this comes from the dealer, just others' experiences!

Cheers.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
23-02-2013 10:31am
scrannel

(23-02-2013 10:31am)ChuckieB Wrote:  AD = Adaptive Dynamics = Magneride call it what you will in the the UK. It's standard on the Dynamic and an option on the Prestige over here.

All the hot money is on it being something to do with the bushes but none of this comes from the dealer, just others' experiences!

Cheers.

Thanks. Magneride is an option over in the States and only on the Dynamic. I'll ask my dealer if they've come across this as they're famous for solving problems and not dodging their customers with BS explanations.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
23-02-2013 10:39am
BobM

(22-02-2013 11:17pm)tash Wrote:  Mine has this 34k miles now and getting worse, dealer said seems ok to them!

3 months now since the anti roll bar bushes were lubricated on my one and absolutely no sign of the creaking returning. This has to be less than an hours work for a dealer. Take it back - and keep taking it back - till they try this fix. Has to be on JLR's technical bulletin list.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
23-02-2013 11:52am
scrannel

(23-02-2013 11:52am)BobM Wrote:  3 months now since the anti roll bar bushes were lubricated on my one and absolutely no sign of the creaking returning. This has to be less than an hours work for a dealer. Take it back - and keep taking it back - till they try this fix. Has to be on JLR's technical bulletin list.

Of course, this is the obvious first place to look. Any search of performance sites selling after market sway bars will turn up lubes for the bushings. Trouble is, stock rubber ones usually don't need it so many dealers "never heard of the issue."

BMW K1200R. Black.
23-02-2013 03:30pm
tash

(23-02-2013 11:52am)BobM Wrote:  3 months now since the anti roll bar bushes were lubricated on my one and absolutely no sign of the creaking returning. This has to be less than an hours work for a dealer. Take it back - and keep taking it back - till they try this fix. Has to be on JLR's technical bulletin list.

Takes 6 weeks to get a courtesy car so long wait between visits, in the time it takes I just rack up more faults:

Indicator notchy
Stiff clunky gear change getting worse
Rattle from passenger side front around glass roof rail
Rattle on drivers door
Noise from alternator or belt
Boot making noise, creaking when opening
Centre console creaking

Fells like a poorly built car, last car I had that felt this poorly put together was a Rover 214si that fell to bits at 60k miles with a £4000 bill for all sorts to be repaired due to going past the mileage limit for warranty work...old company car, terrible.

Getting less impressed with evoque and wouldn't have another landrover product as a company car just not built to last and takes the miles

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
23-02-2013 06:12pm
Kojak

(23-02-2013 06:12pm)tash Wrote:  Takes 6 weeks to get a courtesy car so long wait between visits, in the time it takes I just rack up more faults:

Indicator notchy
Rattle on drivers door
Centre console creaking

Fells like a poorly built car, last car I had that felt this poorly put together was a Rover 214si that fell to bits at 60k miles with a £4000 bill for all sorts to be repaired due to going past the mileage limit for warranty work...old company car, terrible.

Getting less impressed with evoque and wouldn't have another landrover product as a company car just not built to last and takes the miles

24-02-2013 09:43am
tash

That's how the rover looked when I went to get my bags out as they were starting the work, needed new suspension all round, gearbox, fuel injection system, exhaust, brakes and alternator...so as you can imagine there was bits all over.

Evoque just feels creaky, dealers might sort with a little work, worst thing that really spoils car is the gear lever sticking, had this on a very early FL2 and they replaced the gear lever which sorted it, apparently issue with the nylon ball at bottom of stick, mine is just getting worse and doesn't improve as car gets warm, in fact it gets worse, last time it was in they oiled it but has done nothing, mind you that was 20k miles and 6 months agoShocked

This with the rattles, broken indicator and creaking suspension just make the car feel very tired.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
24-02-2013 11:14am
muff

Suspension creak.

(23-02-2013 06:12pm)tash Wrote:  Takes 6 weeks to get a courtesy car so long wait between visits, in the time it takes I just rack up more faults:

Indicator notchy
Rattle on drivers door
Centre console creaking

Hmmm. I drove my wife's Evoque yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Creaking over speed bumps (but only from cold)
Notchy indicator stalk on left turn position
Noisy gear change (intermittent) from first /second/ to third
Rattle on drivers door
Boot making noise, creaking on opening

Had the alternator noise only once when it was very wet conditions overnight.

So apart from the centre console and roof rails, I have your car!
24-02-2013 01:33pm
tash

(24-02-2013 01:33pm)muff Wrote:  Hmmm. I drove my wife's Evoque yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Creaking over speed bumps (but only from cold)
Notchy indicator stalk on left turn position
Noisy gear change (intermittent) from first /second/ to third
Rattle on drivers door
Boot making noise, creaking on opening

Had the alternator noise only once when it was very wet conditions overnight.

So apart from the centre console and roof rails, I have your car!

Same my alternator only does it when went and cold

Indicator is wierd it's notchy on the first click, so if changing left it clicks if turn left again its fine but when go right it clicks. They need to sort as noticed the same indicator stalk is being installed across range, revised FL2 has it as does new FFRR and spy shots of new RRS interior show same stalk.

I think with a new stalk, gear lever and greasing on rear anti roll bar bushes it will feel much better...I had expected some issues with a new product just frustrating the dealers aren't actioning.

24-02-2013 02:16pm