Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suspension creak.
scrannel

RE: Suspension creak.

(23-02-2013 06:12pm)tash Wrote:  Takes 6 weeks to get a courtesy car so long wait between visits,

It's all about the dealer. If I wanted get the sway bar bushing lubed on my car would bring in the morning -- get a free loaner -- they would have done by afternoon. Usually I don't even have to make a appointment. 6 weeks?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
24-02-2013 02:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tash

(24-02-2013 02:59pm)scrannel Wrote:  It's all about the dealer. If I wanted get the sway bar bushing lubed on my car would bring in the morning -- get a free loaner -- they would have done by afternoon. Usually I don't even have to make a appointment. 6 weeks?

The landrover dealers are busy in uk sorting all the issues out, last time I was in there where 2 people in with emergency breakdowns, a RRS which had leaked all its gearbox oil and a D3 with compressor failure, there was also an evoque with a ruined front tyre which had no spare...

They just don't have enough loan vehicles

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
24-02-2013 08:38pm
scrannel

(24-02-2013 08:38pm)tash Wrote:  The landrover dealers are busy in uk sorting all the issues out, last time I was in there where 2 people in with emergency breakdowns, a RRS which had leaked all its gearbox oil and a D3 with compressor failure, there was also an evoque with a ruined front tyre which had no spare...

They just don't have enough loan vehicles

You know... there must be a difference between who gets the good cars and who gets... your cars. I'm in the film biz and close to the dudes who made "World's Fastest Indian". Their research was extensive, to say the least. They had a "chap" (dude) who told of how, when a young man, he was brought in to pick up the pieces of either the Norton factory or Matchless -- can't recall which, sorry. He was stumped that the bike serial numbers -- and where the bikes ended up -- seemed completely random. He was told this: "The bikes that sounded the best -- really tight -- went to the yanks as a huge market. Then the next best went to Europe, third best went to the UK market -- and the worst as far away as possible... India, Japan etc. Are you guys still doing that?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
25-02-2013 12:28am
tash

(25-02-2013 12:28am)scrannel Wrote:  You know... there must be a difference between who gets the good cars and who gets... your cars. I'm in the film biz and close to the dudes who made "World's Fastest Indian". Their research was extensive, to say the least. They had a "chap" (dude) who told of how, when a young man, he was brought in to pick up the pieces of either the Norton factory or Matchless -- can't recall which, sorry. He was stumped that the bike serial numbers -- and where the bikes ended up -- seemed completely random. He was told this: "The bikes that sounded the best -- really tight -- went to the yanks as a huge market. Then the next best went to Europe, third best went to the UK market -- and the worst as far away as possible... India, Japan etc. Are you guys still doing that?

Doubt it.....

Mine was one of first built and its done 34k miles in 10 months so covered 3 years mileage in no time, a few rattles, squeaks and faulty indicator and gear linkage/lever to sort

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
25-02-2013 11:35pm
scrannel

(25-02-2013 11:35pm)tash Wrote:  Doubt it.....

Mine was one of first built and its done 34k miles in 10 months so covered 3 years mileage in no time, a few rattles, squeaks and faulty indicator and gear linkage/lever to sort

Just checking...

BMW K1200R. Black.
25-02-2013 11:49pm
muff

Suspension creak.

(24-02-2013 01:33pm)muff Wrote:  Hmmm. I drove my wife's Evoque yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Creaking over speed bumps (but only from cold)
Notchy indicator stalk on left turn position
Noisy gear change (intermittent) from first /second/ to third
Rattle on drivers door
Boot making noise, creaking on opening

Had the alternator noise only once when it was very wet conditions overnight.

So apart from the centre console and roof rails, I have your car!

Drove the car this morning 50 miles. All problems have now gone away! And it's not been to the dealers. The notchy gear change is now settled to a slick precise movement. The indicator stalk perfect. Must have been the newness as its ok now. Just drove in snow, Jazz FM on the radio for 50 miles. Delightful in the now perfect Evoque
10-03-2013 12:15pm
tash

(23-02-2013 06:12pm)tash Wrote:  Takes 6 weeks to get a courtesy car so long wait between visits, in the time it takes I just rack up more faults:

Indicator notchy
Stiff clunky gear change getting worse
Rattle from passenger side front around glass roof rail
Rattle on drivers door
Noise from alternator or belt
Boot making noise, creaking when opening
Centre console creaking

Fells like a poorly built car, last car I had that felt this poorly put together was a Rover 214si that fell to bits at 60k miles with a £4000 bill for all sorts to be repaired due to going past the mileage limit for warranty work...old company car, terrible.

Getting less impressed with evoque and wouldn't have another landrover product as a company car just not built to last and takes the miles

All items sorted but evoque is still at dealers awaiting a new gearbox which is due Monday, lost confidence now and won't be choosing a Landrover come change time.

Dealer has been brilliant however, nothing to much of a problem and plenty of follow up calls, 10 out of 10 for service.

15-03-2013 10:31pm
tash

(15-03-2013 10:31pm)tash Wrote:  All items sorted but evoque is still at dealers awaiting a new gearbox which is due Monday, lost confidence now and won't be choosing a Landrover come change time.

Dealer has been brilliant however, nothing to much of a problem and plenty of follow up calls, 10 out of 10 for service.

Evoques back, turns out after all the checks that it was a faulty cable between the lever and selector, all sorted now. Explains why it never changed hot or cold and was progressively getting worse.

Dealer service has been outstanding.

(This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 12:41pm by tash.)
23-03-2013 12:40pm
ChuckieB

Well after a lot of persistence and trying to provide evidence to show it was a problem I have finally had the car in today to have anti the roll bar bushes replaced. We'll see what transpires. Unfortunately as i i supsected there is much less evidence of the creaking now the weather has warmed up. So we'll maybe not know for sure until the winter comes again. Will keep you posted.

Fingers crossed we are finally getting towards eliminating all the initial problems. Just 14 months from the date I acquired it! Still maintaining a positive but firm dialogue with the dealer which is getting me where I want to be.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
19-04-2013 08:45pm