Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?
IKM

RE: Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?

Collecting mine tomorrow. Can't wait. No way I could wait until January.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
15-12-2011 11:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

I'm in a similar dilemma and mine is due to arrive 23rd December. I asked my dealer about collecting in January so it could be registered as a 2012 model but he said it didn't make a difference as registrations are done in March and August so Jan 2012 will still be a 2011 registration.

If this is wrong then some one please let me know.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
16-12-2011 08:13am
Range Rover Virgin

(16-12-2011 08:13am)Alex Wrote:  I'm in a similar dilemma and mine is due to arrive 23rd December. I asked my dealer about collecting in January so it could be registered as a 2012 model but he said it didn't make a difference as registrations are done in March and August so Jan 2012 will still be a 2011 registration.

If this is wrong then some one please let me know.
I think what your dealer is saying is it will still be on a 61 plate in January and you'd have to wait until March to get a 12 plate.

BUT.. a 2012 car IS nominally worth more than a 2011 car (even if it's December 2011) but of course that value difference depends how long you're keeping the car etc.

HOWEVER...I'm collecting my Dynamic Coupe on Monday 19th December, I'm not waiting, I'm with all the people who've said 'life's too short' and 'waited a long time, not waiting any longer'. My biggest fear is I'll burst before Monday, I'm so excited!!
16-12-2011 08:19am
Blackseries

(15-12-2011 11:44pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Picking mine up tomorrow morning. I thought for about 2 seconds about delaying till the New Year but I ve waited long enough and am going to enjoy it over the Christmas break. No brainer for me.

Good Luck today! It's been a long haul........ Enjoy every minute.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
16-12-2011 10:09am
Deekster

I did some research using What Car and We Buy Any Car Valuations on Q5's and Freelanders and found that the average valuation difference between cars with the same mileage and registration plates but different years was seldom more than £200. Some had no difference. I actually thought about delaying my SD4 5 door Pure Auto from 29th November to early January, but changed my mind after 1 look at the new car. It is the best Xmas present you could wish for. Go for it.
16-12-2011 11:00am
ytshome

(15-12-2011 11:44pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Picking mine up tomorrow morning. I thought for about 2 seconds about delaying till the New Year but I ve waited long enough and am going to enjoy it over the Christmas break. No brainer for me.

Enjoy Dai. YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
16-12-2011 11:23am
caroline11000

Get it now! Enjoy Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-12-2011 12:43pm
Claud

Well I thought about doing a poll but I do not think there is any need, there would be an overwhelming majority to say get it ASAP.

Just to let you guys know it was originally due to be delivered 16 December which slipped to 19 January and has now come forward, so a good result for me. My dealer (Guy Salmon Thames Ditton) said form the outset in August he could get one before year end whereas Hunters were saying January/February (I guess they had run out of slots).

It has been a good buying experience so far, except some last minute nagging about Supaguard and Asset Protection neither of which I wanted to pay for.

Thank you for all the feedback, it seems like there is a big appeal to the car so delaying will not feel good and there may be a value difference but it may be negligible as the car is so new.

I have had so many issues with my FFRR trade in, I am reluctant to drive it now should it develop another issue that needs fixing, albeit under warranty. So I am driving the wife's Freeloader SD4 (it faster than the Full Fat any way Laughing and 30 mpg plus...)

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 03:26pm by Claud.)
16-12-2011 03:19pm
CrawfsEvoque

(16-12-2011 03:19pm)Claud Wrote:  Well I thought about doing a poll but I do not think there is any need, there would be an overwhelming majority to say get it ASAP.

Just to let you guys know it was originally due to be delivered 16 December which slipped to 19 January and has now come forward, so a good result for me. My dealer (Guy Salmon Thames Ditton) said form the outset in August he could get one before year end whereas Hunters were saying January/February (I guess they had run out of slots).

It has been a good buying experience so far, except some last minute nagging about Supaguard and Asset Protection neither of which I wanted to pay for.

Thank you for all the feedback, it seems like there is a big appeal to the car so delaying will not feel good and there may be a value difference but it may be negligible as the car is so new.

I have had so many issues with my FFRR trade in, I am reluctant to drive it now should it develop another issue that needs fixing, albeit under warranty. So I am driving the wife's Freeloader SD4 (it faster than the Full Fat any way Laughing and 30 mpg plus...)

You know it makes sense. Do not weaken. Have fun. I can't wait for Monday to arrive.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
16-12-2011 03:41pm
CrawfsEvoque

So sir what have you decided to do?

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
19-12-2011 12:02am