Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need a favor from a current Evoque owner
Abdulla

I need a favor from a current Evoque owner

Hi guys,

I'm really interested in the Range Rover Evoque for my next car. I have a spinal cord injury and disabled from the waist down. I'm also tall at 190cm. I don't fit in some cars.

We have a BMW X3 and I checked the interior measurements (headroom, legroom, shoulder room, etc..) against the measurements of the Evoque (found them on motortrend) and the Evoque is actually a bit more roomy that our '08 X3 so I know I can fit comfortably.

The main issue is, I don't know how high off the ground the seat is in the Evoque, I use a wheelchair and it would be useful if I know how high it is compared to my chair so I know if I can transfer to the car easily or not.

Also, I read on another forum that the seats on the car are narrow and not comfortable. Do you guys have that issue as well, any big guys with RR Evoques that can chime in here, I would also like the seat width, and depth measurement if possible.

I would really appreciate it if anyone of you guys could help me with those measurements. That would mean a lot to me.

Thank a lot in advance,

Abdulla
22-12-2011 12:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: I need a favor from a current Evoque owner

I'm afraid that my Evoque is in the repair shop at the moment (thanks to some Doris in a car park)...so I can't help with the height question.

I'm also not a big chap so can't comment too much on the seats, but I would say that the car is wider than a Range Rover Sport so the seats must be pretty wide...and certainly I have not had any issue with them, they are extremely comfortable.

Good luck.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
22-12-2011 12:33pm
Graham

I beleive that the drivers seat (and maybe the passenger seat) can be lowered to an entry position which may help you. This feature may be dependant on which model or option you choose - you will need to check - why not visit a dealer and try one for size?

Graham
22-12-2011 12:42pm
Mikely

Hi Abdulla, for Dynamic seats, ground to top of seat bolster about 72cm.
Seat base, between bolsters 28cm and widest part over bolsters 51cm.
Seats taper significantly towards the rear.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mike
22-12-2011 12:48pm
ytshome

Hi Abdulla, Im a big guy, 189cm and 110 Kg and suffer with a spinal complaint, although Im not what you would say was disabled. I find the seats comfortable and that comes from someone who has got rid of new cars after a couple of months, where I found the seat bad for my back.

The other good thing is that (dependant on model) the seats do have the easy entry position, so effectively its lower when you get in and then raises electrically once you start the ignition.

Cheers YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 05:06pm by ytshome.)
22-12-2011 05:05pm
Abdulla

Wow, it is roomier that I thought. Awesome!

I've done some comparison with the X3 and it's almost the same, which is a good thing. I'm also gonna test drive the car next Sunday (well, actually just trying out the seating position).

If everything goes well I'll be ordering my car after the New Year's !

Thanks a lot guys, you've been truly wonderful and helpful. I like the Evoque so much and I was afraid it wouldn't suit me but you guys brought me comfort with your responses. Much appreciated.

Abdulla
22-12-2011 09:39pm
caroline11000

(22-12-2011 09:39pm)Abdulla Wrote:  Wow, it is roomier that I thought. Awesome!

I've done some comparison with the X3 and it's almost the same, which is a good thing. I'm also gonna test drive the car next Sunday (well, actually just trying out the seating position).

If everything goes well I'll be ordering my car after the New Year's !

Thanks a lot guys, you've been truly wonderful and helpful. I like the Evoque so much and I was afraid it wouldn't suit me but you guys brought me comfort with your responses. Much appreciated.

Abdulla
Hi Abdulla , wow that's gotta be really hard finding a suitable car with your disability, I really hope the test drive/test the seating position goes well for you because the Evoque is a great car. Please let us all know how you get on.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
22-12-2011 09:48pm
Evo-king

Hi, Abdulla, I'm looking forward to reading your next post which says I have just ordered an Evoque and cannot wait for deliveryVery HappyVery Happy

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 09:55pm by Evo-king.)
22-12-2011 09:54pm