Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?
Claud

RE: Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?

I got a call today to say my car is with transport, which I guess it has been made and dispatched. The only question is how quickly will it take to get from Halewood to Thames Ditton.

I have signed the dealer registration forms, so it should go straight on to my private plate. The FFRR is all cleaned out, washed and ready to hand the keys over for the part exchange.

Mrs Claud and I have Friday afternoon off just in case, fingers and toes crossed.

A bunch of mates are hoping for a gawk on Saturday at a party (picking up the turkey from our local small holding) so it had better come, else it will have to be Mrs Clauds very muddy Freeloader taking the turkey home.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
21-12-2011 09:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

I hope you can get it for Friday, but, from when the car arrives at the dealership to collection is usually around 3 days.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-12-2011 10:03pm
ytshome

Fingers crossed for Friday. Mine took six days to turn around probably due to the dealer not being arsed but I have heard of some dealers, like our site sponsors turning cars around the same day, where no paint treatment is required. Good luck!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-12-2011 10:38pm
Claud

(21-12-2011 10:38pm)ytshome Wrote:  Fingers crossed for Friday. Mine took six days to turn around probably due to the dealer not being arsed but I have heard of some dealers, like our site sponsors turning cars around the same day, where no paint treatment is required. Good luck!

Guy Salmon reckon they can do it within a day, and I didn't go for Supaguard so it bodes well, if it gets here......

Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
22-12-2011 07:52am
Claud

Got an email from Guy Salmon this afternoon, unfortunately the Transporter broke down and will be disappointing 3 of their customers hoping for Evoques for XmasBig CryBanging Head

So it will be delivered next week, I will wait for a call but will not hold my breath, as I am not sure if they will have all the staff on to do PDI etc.............at least I got my VIN so could check the specification - at least that is all correct.Very Happy

We will still take the delivery before the New Year though if they can turn it around, as my wife and I are off work and it will give us time to get familiar with all the toys, cant be too worried now about road tax and re sell issues, I WANT IT ASAP!Shocked

Was hoping to show my mum too......she will be back in Dorset next week, ah well.

2010 Freelander SD4
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
22-12-2011 07:13pm
LDT

I can't believe your bad luck, what are the odds of a transporter breaking down?! You seem to have received the news well under the circumstances. The dealer should really pull out all stops next week to ensure you have your new car asap.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-12-2011 07:52pm
IKM

Rotten luck. Hope you've got another Christmas present in reserve!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
22-12-2011 08:55pm