Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?
Claud

Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?

My dealer is expecting my car next week, maybe in time for me to have it before Christmas Eve.

Should I take delivery then and have it registered as a 2011 car or is there a benefit in terms of future resale if it is registered as a 2012 vehicle?

Clearly it would be fun to have it over the Christmas season, what do other forum members think?

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
15-12-2011 10:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrawfsEvoque

RE: Should I take delivery before Xmas or wait till January?

How could you consider waiting? Life is too short to worry about a few pounds at some point in the future. Go for it soonest and have a Merry Christmas.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
15-12-2011 10:34pm
ytshome

(15-12-2011 10:29pm)Claud Wrote:  My dealer is expecting my car next week, maybe in time for me to have it before Christmas Eve.

Should I take delivery then and have it registered as a 2011 car or is there a benefit in terms of future resale if it is registered as a 2012 vehicle?

Clearly it would be fun to have it over the Christmas season, what do other forum members think?

Tough call. A true head and the heart scenario. Probably cost in the region of £100 per day if it was a Christmas eve car but if you can afford it and you plan to use it over Christmas holiday week.....go for it. If its stuck up the path whilst you are enjoying the festivities then probably worth a great start to the New Year. Either way you'll love it.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-12-2011 10:36pm
RacingSnake

Whereas I would wait.
On the basis that usage would be a minimum over the christmas week anyway... At least you know your car is ready and waiting Smile
15-12-2011 10:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

There's going to be a sound financial argument for waiting but I'm the kinda person who likes to get new toys soonest! I couldn't wait - that's why I'm getting mine on Saturday. It's all about the fun factor! Very Happy

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
15-12-2011 10:38pm
ED209

I would get it asap, whats a hundred or so quid in the scheme of things?? you might even loose out if the price on your part ex drops!
15-12-2011 10:49pm
Claud

Thanks for the replies - a true dilemma for me still.

I must admit having a new toy early is ranking higher than worrying about future resale value.

My wife took delivery of her Freeloader between Christmas and New Year last year so that has already set the precedent!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
15-12-2011 10:54pm
Blackseries

from an old thread.........

....... Interestingly the Audi Q5 was introduced at the end of 2008 so we sort of have a template of how the RRE may behave ..... and it looks as if there is virtually no difference in trade in value between a November / December 2008 58 and January / February 2009 58 plate car. I think the reason for this is this is a MK1 car i.e. if you want a Q5 this is the only one you can get (like the RRE). A November 2011 car is not competing with (or being undercut by) say an April 2011 car.... an October / November car is the earliest car you can get. This probably only stands up while the car is in its first flush of youth but I think it’s worth bearing in mind......

The Q5 is now 3 years old and this still holds true in the UK.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 11:36pm by Blackseries.)
15-12-2011 11:35pm
Mag1c_dragon

Get it now! Mine was registered 5th Dec and there was no way I was waiting best part of a month, just so I could 'save' a few hundred quid in a couple of years. Not quite the same, but in your shoes I would be getting an early Christmas present! Every time you see one between now and the New Year you will feel so let down you didn't pick it up, especially if the weather turns bad (2-4cm snow tomorrow lol) - GO GET IT Smile

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
15-12-2011 11:39pm
Daigriff

Picking mine up tomorrow morning. I thought for about 2 seconds about delaying till the New Year but I ve waited long enough and am going to enjoy it over the Christmas break. No brainer for me.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
15-12-2011 11:44pm