Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque handling
RRSteve

RE: Evoque handling

(23-06-2013 08:41pm)stunt Wrote:  Handles Sh!t compared to the Scirroco TSI GT, I had before mine!!

Evoque looks better though! Tongue Out
25-06-2013 08:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Scirocco isn't a high SUV in case you hadn't noticed

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-06-2013 12:55pm
Madam Fuji

Eh, and how old????? ;0)))
26-06-2013 01:05pm
RRSteve

(23-06-2013 08:41pm)stunt Wrote:  Handles Sh!t compared to the Scirroco TSI GT, I had before mine!!

Actually, it doesn't do that bad!!

http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the-roa...-part-one/
26-06-2013 02:22pm
PhiliusM

My previous car was a SLK that had superb handling. I must admit that I find the Evoque more fun to drive. Doesn't make the same growly noise as the SLK thoughSmile
26-06-2013 03:18pm
scrannel

For those who are truly "enthusiast" drivers, one must always recognize... it's all about the driver. I have a Dynamic with Mag suspension which I bought as a "sports sedan" package. I was aware of it's limitations compared with more dedicated sports-oriented packages. That being said, in So. Cal, where the vast majority of super-performance cars are bought by low-level skilled drivers (posers) -- Porsche and Ferrari being the prime "look at me" marks -- many skilled drivers are not only having a great time with their "ordinary" cars, but owning high-end car drivers left and right.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
26-06-2013 03:28pm
heronb

I've had my car for a couple of months now and as I have become comfortable with the handling I've pushed it a bit harder, had a few coupes over the years.

The car grips well, and rolls a bit which is to be expected but never feels less than composed (on standard suspension). I don't understand the expectation that its going to have a sporty feel like a TT/Scirroco/Z4 etc because it never will and it never should as its a different beast.

What it does have is great looks, excellent ride and handling, a good (if not great engine) and for me good practicality (I realise that this is relative depending on your previous cars).

2 months in and still smilingVery Happy
26-06-2013 04:12pm
Trapdoor

My Evoque Prestige with MagneRide suspension knocks spots off my old BMW X3 'Sport' and even my BMW 330i 'Sport' - goes round corners at some lick with very little body roll and it makes me smile when pushing on, usually followed by some c0ck in a 'Germanic marque' (or a Vauxhall Insignificant) and I take a corner at some speed, often without the need for any braking, only to look in the rear-view and see the said c0ck slewing wide and over the line out of the corner, or suddenly no longer clamped to my boot and several car lengths behind as he's had to stand on the brakes into and through the corner.

However, the STANDARD suspension on the Evoque isn't quite as good - they seem to have worked wonders with the Mag suspension, and I'm surprised they don't push it harder as a big feature.

I'm chuffed to bits with the handling of my Evoque, and after having a fairly long ride in my mates FL2, was surprised just how bad that felt in comparison.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
26-06-2013 08:35pm
Crimdog

Has it been 2 months already heronb? Wow that's gone quick, did you end up doing any more mods?

As has been said, the car is a 4wd! It should not handle like a hot hatch just like a hot hatch would be useless offroad. It is however a crossover which means compromises have to be made. MAG gets the best of both worlds as its adjustable, normal suspension I think has done a great job At keeping on road handling while still being comfortable and capable off road.
27-06-2013 10:16am
RRSteve

(26-06-2013 08:35pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  However, the STANDARD suspension on the Evoque isn't quite as good - they seem to have worked wonders with the Mag suspension, and I'm surprised they don't push it harder as a big feature.

I actually disagree! I think the standard suspension on most roads is quite good when doing spirited driving. I found the Dynamic setting a bit too solid on the roads around by me on a test drive. Does work at firming it all up though but maybe a bit too much.
27-06-2013 11:16am