babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque handling - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque handling (/Thread-Evoque-handling)

Pages: 1 2 3

Evoque handling - chris taylor - 23-06-2013 01:42pm

Just wondering how the evoque handles compared to members previous cars.I have an sd4 dynamic and the handling is fantastic a match for most other vehicles i have owned & light years ahead of the freelander i had on loan.The only downside is in dynamic mode the ride can be a bit jittery can,t think of another suv that would handle any better.

RE: Evoque handling - stunt - 23-06-2013 08:41pm

(23-06-2013 01:42pm)chris taylor Wrote:  Just wondering how the evoque handles compared to members previous cars.I have an sd4 dynamic and the handling is fantastic a match for most other vehicles i have owned & light years ahead of the freelander i had on loan.The only downside is in dynamic mode the ride can be a bit jittery can,t think of another suv that would handle any better.

Handles Sh!t compared to the Scirroco TSI GT, I had before mine!!

RE: Evoque handling - timhum - 23-06-2013 08:50pm

No comparison with our Golf GTi but superb in many other ways.

RE: Evoque handling - Yves_0016 - 23-06-2013 09:01pm

(23-06-2013 01:42pm)chris taylor Wrote:  Just wondering how the evoque handles compared to members previous cars.I have an sd4 dynamic and the handling is fantastic a match for most other vehicles i have owned & light years ahead of the freelander i had on loan.The only downside is in dynamic mode the ride can be a bit jittery can,t think of another suv that would handle any better.

SD4 Dynamic here also. I think it handles fenomenally! My previous JLR product was a Range Rover Sport and I must say the Evoque is like a "sports version" of the RRS. Both have the "Land Rover Command Driving Position" (high up, yet "in" the car) but the RRS still feels heavy and rolls in the corners. The Evoque on the other hand corners brilliantly for a high up 4x4. Best handling Range Rover (SUV) I have ever driven.

RE: Evoque handling - PhilSkill - 23-06-2013 09:12pm

Anyone buying an Evoque and comparing it to a sports saloon/super mini misunderstand the fundamentals of physics, it's a fantastic handling 4x4 SUV with ground clearance for some offroading, it cannot compare to similarly aged low cars with sports ground clearance like Scirroco or TT which are great on tarmac but stuck/damaged on the first rock they encounter, it gives it a mighty fine try and the Dynamic Magneride helps, but it's horses for courses...

RE: Evoque handling - RRSteve - 24-06-2013 08:26am

Very impressed with he handling for the type of car. My previous cars have been completely different! 2 Z4 BMW's (one first gen, one new gen) and before that I had owned 3 BMW MINI's.

RE: Evoque handling - speary - 24-06-2013 08:36am

(23-06-2013 08:41pm)stunt Wrote:  Handles Sh!t compared to the Scirroco TSI GT, I had before mine!!

Sirocco goes off road sh!t compared to the Evoque you have now
touche, my friend

RE: Evoque handling - WorldTraveler - 24-06-2013 09:57am

Handles "well" but my VW Tiguan that it replaced seemed to handle better, or it could be Continental (LRE) Vs Pirrelli (VW) ?

RE: Evoque handling - Shenley - 24-06-2013 11:43am

Runs circles round my 350z, and my Triumph Speed Triple (motorcycle)..........

.......in the snow!

Laughing

RE: Evoque handling - chris taylor - 24-06-2013 09:52pm

(23-06-2013 08:41pm)stunt Wrote:  Handles Sh!t compared to the Scirroco TSI GT, I had before mine!!
You are the first person to describe the evokes handling as sh!t maybe you should have driven the evoque before purchasing.
Read the article on crank&piston.com test evoque/bmw 1 series/,scirocco r/the evoque certainly did not disgrace it's self considering it does not run on performance road tyres.