Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
m_101

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Briany that's a common issue - if the wiper blades are lifted too far the arm catches on the bonnet and chips the paintwork.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
12-09-2015 01:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Briany22

(12-09-2015 01:57pm)m_101 Wrote:  Briany that's a common issue - if the wiper blades are lifted too far the arm catches on the bonnet and chips the paintwork.

Surely this is a design problem and as such it should be covered under warranty?

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
12-09-2015 02:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It does say that you have to set the wipers to winter park mode before lifting the arms in the owner's manual and it has done since the launch in 2011!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2015 04:42pm
Briany22

Perhaps so but the washer arm is def rubbing against the bonnet top without lifting the arm therefore it must be a design fault issue which I will pursue with the dealer

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
12-09-2015 05:53pm
Koidream

A ticket for the lock, allignement of the tailgate and paintjob has been asked by my dealer. As soon as JLR agrees the 5 months old car will be fixed under warranty. I asked for a replacement car and that also depends on the approval of JLR. If they say no, I can only rent a car for 150€ a day...

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
15-09-2015 07:18pm
Koidream

Picked up the car yesterday after the tailgate allignementand the needed bodywork caused by the misallignement.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
24-10-2015 07:35am
Fudge

Hi,

Here's the list of what's wrong with mine...took delivery on 14th February 2014 pure 4wd manual - blue

Whinning noise driving home from pick up, reported straight away and after about 6 weeks and numerous trips to the garage - new gearbox fitted.
Issues with key not opening driver door
Fast forward 6 months, in 2nd car jumps out of gear, after 4 trips to dealer unsuccessfully finally another new gear box fitted.
I'll let that sink in, 2 new gearboxes in a brand new car in the first 9 months!
Intermitent key fault issues, fault with separate sat nav, car keeps reporting key not found.
Two weeks ago warning light - restricted power - limped to garage apparently pipe had fallen off turbo
Today back in the garage as intermittently no power in 1st and 2nd and reported sat nav/key not found again.

Apparently the key is on the same frequency as the tomtom so nothing can be done about this and despite a 30 minute drive round with the technician at rush hour the fault can't be found!

In all honesty this is the worst car I have ever had, I'm sorely disappointed. It's been in the garage for probably at least six weeks and I've wasted countless hours back and forth!!!
27-10-2015 07:32pm
Shenley

Hope Pete @Land Rover sees this one.
This is our second Evoque. The first one was rejected by the dealer!

The replacement was given to us in April 2013.
Initial faults were:-
The near side door had not been put on properly (it's a coupe)
Centre vents not fitted properly and now bent.
Rear seat marked where something had been resting on it.
Overspray by both bonnet hinges.....

After the first car debacle we didn't care anymore. Vents replaced and door fitted properly by a Land Rover technician who attended the dealership. He said off the record the door hinges were out so therefore everything else was, hence the bonnet realignment and overspray?

Usual rattles and creaks, but one kept reoccurring on the rear trim behind the driver.

At this point I should point out this is my wife's car, we are retired so the mileage is low.
10,000 miles in almost three years.

In Jan 2014 I noticed a strange noise from the rear offside (drivers) wheel, it was a random clunking noise, like the wheel was on crunchy snow.
Took it to the dealer where we bought it. No fault found.

We moved house later that year, and it happened again. So I took it into my local dealership and the mechanic heard it. Took it into the workshop put it on the ramp and did what I would do check all the joints. Nothing. On this occasion the fault had gone.

I became aware that this fault only materialises on a long run. We only do a few miles in it most of the time. But on a long run the rumbling noise comes back.

So this year we took it on a long run, and for the first time ever the car had four people inside. My wife was sitting in the rear offside seat and felt a terrible vibration at motorway speeds, and the trim next to her was vibrating.

Took it into the dealer the next day and the fault was still there. Noted by the service department, but when booked in for repair, it of course had gone again. Even after a long test run it was not replicated.

Then again after a run of over a hundred miles on a trip, there it was again. Took it straight into the dealer and it was heard/felt by the staff. It was diagnosed as the haldex unit. In it went a couple of weeks later, no part had been ordered..... and after consultations with Land Rover....... a new software patch was downloaded.

Of course after the first long run a month later..... the noise/knocking was stil there.

In it went again for a haldex unit. Waited for approval by Land Rover and it was replaced.

And then after we went on a long run..... yes you've guessed it, the same knocking/ clonking noise was still there.

Our vehicle has now been at the dealership for the best part of three weeks to have the rear differential replaced. The dealer is brilliant, it's Land Rover that is putting the red tape up.

Sorry about the "Jackanory" but I can't find a similar problem anywhere.

Today we hope to pick our car up. The three year warranty runs out in April next year, so I hope it's resolved by then. We haven't gone abroad in this car because my wife doesn't trust it.

We have had a fair few Land Rover products over the years, but I doubt her next one will be.
At least we don't have to program our phones into the courtesy cars, as they are in most of them.....
15-12-2015 02:52pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Shenley

I am sorry to learn of the concerns experienced with your vehicle, please accept my apologies on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience or frustration that may have been caused.

I note that you are shortly due to receive your vehicle back from your retailer following the necessary repairs and I trust that your concerns will be resolved to your complete satisfaction.

However, should you require further assistance, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Full VIN/chassis number
Relevant Land Rover retailer

Regards

Ryan

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
15-12-2015 05:55pm
AndyFrance

I won't bore everyone again with the long list of fault's on my newly delivered MY16. Had the car a month and still awaiting LR approval to replace damaged driver's seat and respray (due to contaminated paint......dirt) rear quarter panel. Rarely use the tailgate, as I have to press down when closed till it clicks before the car will lock.....That's after a LR dealership repair????? It worked very well before they fiddled with it. The cockpit vibration gets worse by the day......That's after they said that was solved as well.

Why on earth do I have to wait weeks for approval? It's LR's p-poor build quality to blame, so why do I feel like I've been put on trial?

I believe that LR couldn't give a T@$$. Customer relations France rarely reply when contacted, and when they do, it's either 'We have been in contact with your dealer' (think they mean their dealer), or you get the same bog standard (that means nothing) reply as Ryan's message above.

Honestly, Evoque has worse build quality than my trusted school runner Dacia Duster.

Did I really buy a Range Rover product, or is it just a bad (8 month wait) dream?
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2015 07:27am by AndyFrance.)
15-12-2015 08:46pm