Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
SingledOut

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Hey everyone new to the forum and to the RR family...first time owner.

My wife and I got our 2015 RR Evoque Pure Plus not even a week ago and absolutely love it. However, yesterday while at the bank I noticed a strange noise when the car was idle. It was semi-subtle but definitely didn't sound normal and could only be heard when near a building or another car was close to us. It sounds like some sort of rattling and I am fairly certain it is not normal by any means. Was curious if anyone could shed some light on the situation - I don't have time to make a trip out to my dealership for at least a few more days with work.

The car still drives just fine and no service lights are showing up. I took a video to capture the sound:

I had created my own thread before finding this one: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2015-Bran...While-Idle
05-08-2015 03:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

Hi SingledOut

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concern that you are experiencing with your vehicle so early in your ownership, please accept my apologies on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

I would suggest contacting your retailer at your earliest opportunity so they may investigate your concern and advise accordingly.

However should you require additional assistance and wish for me to request that you are contacted by Land Rover North America, I would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

Regards

Ryan

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
05-08-2015 03:35pm
SingledOut

(05-08-2015 03:35pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi SingledOut

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concern that you are experiencing with your vehicle so early in your ownership, please accept my apologies on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

I would suggest contacting your retailer at your earliest opportunity so they may investigate your concern and advise accordingly.

However should you require additional assistance and wish for me to request that you are contacted by Land Rover North America, I would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

Regards

Ryan

Thanks for the quick reply! I plan on visiting my dealership within the next few days to address the situation and will be sure to post my feedback and results - thanks again.
05-08-2015 03:43pm
fedup

(05-08-2015 03:43pm)SingledOut Wrote:  Thanks for the quick reply! I plan on visiting my dealership within the next few days to address the situation and will be sure to post my feedback and results - thanks again.

Hi SingledOut

I feel your pain! I've had a lot of issues with my two Evoques (although no the one you mention).

I'd really recommend taking-up Pete@Landrover on his offer for help. I'm not sure exactly what he does, but on two occasions now, he's made my dealer sit-up, listen and get it sorted. Even so far as now I don't take the car to the service centre, they've been sending an engineer to my home to carry out the repairs.

Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 08:48pm by fedup.)
05-08-2015 08:44pm
SingledOut

(05-08-2015 08:44pm)fedup Wrote:  Hi SingledOut

I feel your pain! I've had a lot of issues with my two Evoques (although no the one you mention).

I'd really recommend taking-up Pete@Landrover on his offer for help. I'm not sure exactly what he does, but on two occasions now, he's made my dealer sit-up, listen and get it sorted.

Good luck.

Yea unfortunately my dealer is 2 hours away - I've had quick response from them with other questions but this is my first "issue" - haven't reached out to them yet since I don't know my schedule for work until later tonight. More than likely I will head out on Fri/Sat...if they can't be of any assistance I will certainly message Pete - thanks for the response! It would be great if I had someone coming to my own home to take a look at it but I think thats wishful thinking for my first issue haha - hopefully its resolved easy!
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 08:51pm by SingledOut.)
05-08-2015 08:50pm
Koidream

After 5 months and 9.000 km my tailgate has dropped just enough to remove the piano black paint on the roof. The aluminum is vissible...
As far as I can read, I am not the only one with this problem. Isn't there a call back program for issues like these or do we just have to take them as they come?
Is this what they call a premium brand? Am I dissapointed in Range Rover or am I!

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
11-09-2015 06:18pm
Tony

(11-09-2015 06:18pm)Koidream Wrote:  After 5 months and 9.000 km my tailgate has dropped just enough to remove the piano black paint on the roof. The aluminum is vissible...
As far as I can read, I am not the only one with this problem. Isn't there a call back program for issues like these or do we just have to take them as they come?
Is this what they call a premium brand? Am I dissapointed in Range Rover or am I!

You are not alone with the tailgate problem, its no doubt down to the usual Hailwood sloppy assemble, maybe a torque wrench is to complicated for them!

In Range Rover speak 'Premium Brand' only referes to the price you pay. I am on the point of cancelling my new RRS because of a fxxx useless dealer.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
11-09-2015 06:25pm
m_101

Tony having read about your troubles you have a LOT more patience / tolerance than I do!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
12-09-2015 09:43am
Tony

(12-09-2015 09:43am)m_101 Wrote:  Tony having read about your troubles you have a LOT more patience / tolerance than I do!

Having borrowed a RRS over a number of days, took it home to try on our roads it is everything the Evoque is not. RRS is quiet, refined, no rattles, no road noise, seems very well put together and the ecconomy was not far short of the Evoques. Dealer promissed to keep us up to date throughout the process, never called once, always me chasing them. The RRS was supposed to have been built last week, no word from dealer, does not return calls. If I cancel the car I will do it through LR Customer Support, should achive max impact on the Dealership. I may be patient but I take revenge very seriously.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
12-09-2015 10:13am
Briany22

I have just noticed that my 2015 Evoque has paint missing on top of the bonnet where the passenger wiper blade parks. It seems that the bonnet sits too far up and the wiper blade mechanism is rubbing the bonnet paint away has any one else noticed this?

Brian

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
12-09-2015 12:05pm