Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Stevemac1

RE: What's wrong with yours?

(15-12-2015 02:52pm)Shenley Wrote:  Hope Pete @Land Rover sees this one.
This is our second Evoque. The first one was rejected by the dealer!

The replacement was given to us in April 2013.
Initial faults were:-
The near side door had not been put on properly (it's a coupe)
Centre vents not fitted properly and now bent.
Rear seat marked where something had been resting on it.
Overspray by both bonnet hinges.....

After the first car debacle we didn't care anymore. Vents replaced and door fitted properly by a Land Rover technician who attended the dealership. He said off the record the door hinges were out so therefore everything else was, hence the bonnet realignment and overspray?

Usual rattles and creaks, but one kept reoccurring on the rear trim behind the driver.

At this point I should point out this is my wife's car, we are retired so the mileage is low.
10,000 miles in almost three years.

In Jan 2014 I noticed a strange noise from the rear offside (drivers) wheel, it was a random clunking noise, like the wheel was on crunchy snow.
Took it to the dealer where we bought it. No fault found.

We moved house later that year, and it happened again. So I took it into my local dealership and the mechanic heard it. Took it into the workshop put it on the ramp and did what I would do check all the joints. Nothing. On this occasion the fault had gone.

I became aware that this fault only materialises on a long run. We only do a few miles in it most of the time. But on a long run the rumbling noise comes back.

So this year we took it on a long run, and for the first time ever the car had four people inside. My wife was sitting in the rear offside seat and felt a terrible vibration at motorway speeds, and the trim next to her was vibrating.

Took it into the dealer the next day and the fault was still there. Noted by the service department, but when booked in for repair, it of course had gone again. Even after a long test run it was not replicated.

Then again after a run of over a hundred miles on a trip, there it was again. Took it straight into the dealer and it was heard/felt by the staff. It was diagnosed as the haldex unit. In it went a couple of weeks later, no part had been ordered..... and after consultations with Land Rover....... a new software patch was downloaded.

Of course after the first long run a month later..... the noise/knocking was stil there.

In it went again for a haldex unit. Waited for approval by Land Rover and it was replaced.

And then after we went on a long run..... yes you've guessed it, the same knocking/ clonking noise was still there.

Our vehicle has now been at the dealership for the best part of three weeks to have the rear differential replaced. The dealer is brilliant, it's Land Rover that is putting the red tape up.

Sorry about the "Jackanory" but I can't find a similar problem anywhere.

Today we hope to pick our car up. The three year warranty runs out in April next year, so I hope it's resolved by then. We haven't gone abroad in this car because my wife doesn't trust it.

We have had a fair few Land Rover products over the years, but I doubt her next one will be.
At least we don't have to program our phones into the courtesy cars, as they are in most of them.....

Interesting one Shenley. I too have had an intermittent grumbling/crunching coming from rear quarter, usually after I leave my drive or work car park. Goes away after 5 or so minutes and when mentioned to dealer nothing ever found. Due in soon for a VERY annoying rattle just in the roof lining behind drivers head so I'll mention your issue to them. Thanks. (BTW my car is also a 2013 coupe....)

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
29-12-2015 01:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eastrnma

Dealer thought it was the rear differential control module (RDCM), but now reports the Haldex unit needs to be replaced. Quoted $5500. for the repair. FML. I've loved this bitch for 80k miles, now this. What to do?
12-03-2016 02:51am
Jeroma

After 2 1/2 years The system continues to indicate "battery low "warnings.
the dealer told me that I do not use the car often anough and after having checked the battery, they found nothing wrong.
It's still frustrating that a day later after having done more than 250 miles you recive a "battery low "signal with a perfect good battery.
In the mean time I fitted a permanent Cetec connector to recharge the battery.
To my great surprise I noticed that JLR had fitted a 52A battery to a Diesel car, far below requirements.
IMHO 75A/H would have been the minimum for such a car.
In so far no further problems to mention. Up to now still happy with the Evoque.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
15-03-2016 11:58am
Brammo

Hi. I got my first ever RR seven months ago and am more than happy with it, but for the last few weeks (occasionally to start with and now more often) I have noticed a funny noise that I think is coming from the steering wheel, like a swishing, airy type of noise. I have turned off everything, like the air con and the noise carries on for a short while then stops. Any ideas? Also, I don't seem to have the 'shudder' on my steering wheel if I change lane with no indicators on - but maybe that one is down to my husband borrowing my car and pressing some buttons?!! Is there an off switch for this or could the two be related? Its a 65 plate btw. Thanks
15-04-2016 11:19pm
Steve D

Sounds like you have lane departure switched off?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
16-04-2016 07:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lane Departure Warning is switched on/off from the menus in the dash, there isn't a button for it incase you weren't aware.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-04-2016 08:00am
Brammo

(16-04-2016 07:17am)Steve D Wrote:  Sounds like you have lane departure switched off?

I didn't know I could switch it off. I will put it back on if I can find out how to, not that I need it, but it started worrying me, with this noise. Thank you.
16-04-2016 09:51am
michail1

(16-04-2016 09:51am)Brammo Wrote:  I didn't know I could switch it off. I will put it back on if I can find out how to, not that I need it, but it started worrying me, with this noise. Thank you.

Lane Departure Warning info <~~~ Youtube link
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2016 03:19pm by michail1.)
16-04-2016 03:18pm
Brammo

(16-04-2016 03:18pm)michail1 Wrote:  Lane Departure Warning info <~~~ Youtube link

Thank you so much. I shall make sure it is on. I have contacted my local dealer and they sent out road side assist straight away (great service) and the noise is due to my air con not working, so the sound is like gas hissing, so it has to go in to be sorted. Thanks to this site, I did not mention the problem about lane departure, I would have looked pretty silly being told it was a button that was turned off! Lol
17-04-2016 11:10am
Shenley

(29-12-2015 01:22pm)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Interesting one Shenley. I too have had an intermittent grumbling/crunching coming from rear quarter, usually after I leave my drive or work car park. Goes away after 5 or so minutes and when mentioned to dealer nothing ever found. Due in soon for a VERY annoying rattle just in the roof lining behind drivers head so I'll mention your issue to them. Thanks. (BTW my car is also a 2013 coupe....)

Well, it was never sorted. It had been into the dealer a total of 18 times over the three year ownership. The warranty ran out as did our patience. My wife sold it and bought another Nissan Navara pick-up truck (NP300). It comes with 5 year warranty & roadside assistance. (And a bigger boot!)
Even Land Rover didn't want it!
Last faults were the failure of the infotainment system, and N/S window stopped working (of course in the down position) The rear N/S trim was refitted due to a rattle, why when we said it was the O/S trim??
Sorry that our relationship with the Evoque was not a pleasant one, just our luck we had two 'lemons'.

Would we purchase another Land Rover product?
I leave that question unanswered........
06-05-2016 01:06pm