Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
CRC@LandRover

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Hi Tony

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment, should you wish for me to assist you in speaking to your retailer to see how we can assist, please feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
02-07-2015 09:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(02-07-2015 09:36am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Tony

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment, should you wish for me to assist you in speaking to your retailer to see how we can assist, please feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, Thanks,

I am just about to leave for the dealer, its a 3 hour drive. Hopefully they will have more info on when the parts should be available, if they are struggling I may ask you to lend them a hand.

We are returning a loaned RRS2, really nice car, smooth, quiet, absolutly no rattles but a bit of a barge in the corners after a Dynamic Evoque. The RRS does seem nicely put together, hard to belive its from the same manufacturer as the Evoque. Will see in a few hours what it will cost to change, if we don't like the figures we may be abandoning the LR ship after 14 years.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
02-07-2015 09:54am
s111cor

(11-05-2015 12:47pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi All,

Thank you for the responses and as always, please do not hesitate to PM me should you need further assistance with a current concern.

Tony -
I appreciate that circumstances currently mean that you are unable to visit your Land Rover approved retailer to have the concern investigated. As you have advised, should the concern become apparent, please do not hesitate to contact LRA to attend the vehicle. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Stevemac1 -
I can certainly appreciate your frustrations. We do have quality control checks in place both at the factory before the vehicle is released and also when the selling retailer receive the vehicle prior to customer handover, they are required to carry out an in depth inspection and check on the vehicle.
While we do hope that any potential concerns will be identified during this process, unfortunately there are times where concerns may take longer to become present. On these occasions Land Rover will always look to provide assistance and resolve the concern with a robust solution.

Note to all -
While I would hope that customers ownership experiences are a positive one, on the occasions where concerns are encountered I do hope that we are able to resolve them to your satisfaction. I am always willing to become involved and liaise both liaise with your retailer as well as ensure we as a company are providing all of the assistance and support that we are able to when concerns are raised.

Many thanks,
Pete

45k miles and just going in for 3rd service . No issues whatsoever on MY13 pure. Even on same tyres! Can't say a bad word about JLR and my evoque!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Pan Roof, fog lights and cirrus leather. Standard 18 wheels
12-07-2015 09:39pm
Tony

(12-07-2015 09:39pm)s111cor Wrote:  45k miles and just going in for 3rd service . No issues whatsoever on MY13 pure. Even on same tyres! Can't say a bad word about JLR and my evoque!

7500 miles, 1250 miles of that returning to dealer with faults and that does not include two trips on the back of a transporter with gearbox failure.

Currently suffering from Dynamic systems failure, needs a new front strut! Tailgate dropped (twice), numerous rattles, some fixed, some new and a worrying clunking from under the rear of the car on slow speed undulations. Well if it does not fall off or break it won't be my problem soon as we have a new RR Sport on order, although thinking about cancelling. Trust in LR to produce a good car is like trusting the Greeks to pay off their debts. Bottom line is I will never buy another Hailwood 'built'? car.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
12-07-2015 10:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My experience with my 2nd Evoque is very similar to Tony's and the end result is I will never buy another Hailwood built car again. I have owned Land Rover products since 1996 and only had one that gave any problems in that time and they were fixed quickly and for free with an equivalent loan car. My first Evoque was delivered on launch day in 2011, it had some rattles that were fixed otherwise no problems but it seems that 2014MY cars are the absolute pits for quality and electroncis gremlins. I believe that LR has tried to rush too many cars down the line quickly and turned a blind eye to quality of construction and end of line QC. The 2015 cars I have since driven have exactly the same rattles as my 2014MY car so LR doesn't appear to be even trying to remedy them. I'm now driving a Solihull built RRS2 and it appears to have been built buy a totally different company............ but at 50% more cost than the Evoque for a lower spec so it should be better built..............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-07-2015 09:33am
dasevoque

(12-07-2015 10:33pm)Tony Wrote:  7500 miles, 1250 miles of that returning to dealer with faults and that does not include two trips on the back of a transporter with gearbox failure.

Currently suffering from Dynamic systems failure, needs a new front strut! Tailgate dropped (twice), numerous rattles, some fixed, some new and a worrying clunking from under the rear of the car on slow speed undulations. Well if it does not fall off or break it won't be my problem soon as we have a new RR Sport on order, although thinking about cancelling. Trust in LR to produce a good car is like trusting the Greeks to pay off their debts. Bottom line is I will never buy another Hailwood 'built'? car.

Tony,

I had the "worrying clunk" on slow speed undulations...

the fix: white lithium grease on the rear hatch latch -- problem solved!
18-07-2015 03:01pm
Tony

(18-07-2015 03:01pm)dasevoque Wrote:  Tony,

I had the "worrying clunk" on slow speed undulations...

the fix: white lithium grease on the rear hatch latch -- problem solved!

Thanks, but its not the hatch, lower down underneath. Anyway the problem will be solved in a few months as the piece of 6rap its going - at last!!! We thought we had got rid in April but I was taken into hospital the day we were due to swap it for an F Type. Told the wife this time, whatever happens to me, get rid of the Evoque.

(This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 04:23pm by Tony.)
18-07-2015 04:22pm
dasevoque

(18-07-2015 04:22pm)Tony Wrote:  Thanks, but its not the hatch, lower down underneath. Anyway the problem will be solved in a few months as the piece of 6rap its going - at last!!! We thought we had got rid in April but I was taken into hospital the day we were due to swap it for an F Type. Told the wife this time, whatever happens to me, get rid of the Evoque.

understand...too bad about the evoque. but I, too, thought it was coming from underneath. even rode around in the back with the spare tire and all padding removed trying to isolate it...even banged around underneath on muffler and suspension pieces...it was the hatch latch.
18-07-2015 04:37pm
Tony

(18-07-2015 04:37pm)dasevoque Wrote:  understand...too bad about the evoque. but I, too, thought it was coming from underneath. even rode around in the back with the spare tire and all padding removed trying to isolate it...even banged around underneath on muffler and suspension pieces...it was the hatch latch.

We had hatch problems because it had dropped (twice) and is still not right but we eliminated this as a source of the noise by driving with the hatch open about 6" (held by a short bungee strap). I have given up with the rattles, just counting the days until it goes, its being px'ed so the dealer will have to sort it - or not. Just hope the new RRS is not a lemon as well, we did borrow one for a few days and it was really superb, so quiet and smooth, cannot belive the RRS and Evoque are made by the same company.

18-07-2015 05:11pm
michail1

RE: What's wrong with yours? - Shifting

I hate the way mine shifts from 1ft to 2nd.

Just posted in a thread....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Poor-Shif...1st-to-2nd
Bad Shifting from 1st to 2nd
25-07-2015 04:14pm