Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Rear view camera has moved
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Rear view camera has moved

same view as I have too, unless I use the trailer assist when the yellow lines disappear and there is a single line in the middle of the screen. I don't see what the problem, at least you can see the bumper is about to smash into the front of the car behind as you reverse into a tight slot!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 10:50am by XFullFatTim.)
08-07-2012 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Yep same view for me, I want to see the rear bumper as that's the bit I don't want to hit anything with! Use it everyday and the picture quality is fine, hardly Full HD but what would you need that for?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-07-2012 08:47am
Donny Dog

(10-07-2012 08:47am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep same view for me, I want to see the rear bumper as that's the bit I don't want to hit anything with! Use it everyday and the picture quality is fine, hardly Full HD but what would you need that for?

I agree, but the thing that initially bothered and mystified me was that it moved, rather than how it works now. I've come to believe that it returned to some sort of default setting after using the panning facility for the first time, rather than moved by mistake, as it's never moved since other than normal panning.
10-07-2012 09:35am
Firenze

(10-07-2012 09:35am)Donny Dog Wrote:  I agree, but the thing that initially bothered and mystified me was that it moved, rather than how it works now. I've come to believe that it returned to some sort of default setting after using the panning facility for the first time, rather than moved by mistake, as it's never moved since other than normal panning.

Thats exactly what happened with mine, a couple of months ago I was messing around with the different views for the first time and after that the view changed to show the bumper and its been the same ever since.

I find its a much better view now and it makes parking easier as if I can just see the white line of a parking space in the rear view it means Im far enough forward

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
10-07-2012 09:47am
stiggz

oh man!

This thread has just reinstated my status of 'sane'.

Got in the car about 3 weeks ago and was with the ms. Looked at the reverse cam and reacted accordingly to what I thought was the fact the camera view had changed. I then dismissed it as insanity until now. Life continues as normal!

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
10-07-2012 11:23am
jmaferreira

Hi guys,

The change of angle in the rear view camera just happened in my evoque 1.5 years after purchase. Did anyone managed to fix the issue or taken the car to the dealer to have it fixed?

Cheers.
15-06-2015 07:55am
Beopaul

Mine just changed a few days ago. The license plate is now visible, and I can now apparently open the hatch even when my bumper is partly embedded into a wall!
[Can't seem to attach pic. Will try in secondary post. ]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 11:30pm by Beopaul.)
07-07-2015 11:28pm
Beopaul

Here it is.. Seems you have have to click on the image to get it big enough to really see.
-- Paul

(This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 02:12am by Beopaul.)
15-07-2015 02:00am