Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Rear view camera has moved
ChuckieB

RE: Rear view camera has moved

I see a hammock shaped line on the one image (wide angle). The other three images must all be narrow angle. So looks about right to me.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
01-02-2012 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

On this You tube clip of the rear camera, the picture shows a concave view of the bumper.

I think this is how it should look. (same as post 14)

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 09:56pm by cutter7.)
01-02-2012 09:52pm
ChuckieB

Is there perhaps different functionality if you have the surround camera set up as an option?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
01-02-2012 09:56pm
WB
WB

If you look back and compare the images on post 13 and 14 - on post 14 there is an extra icon on the top right - so the wide/narrow functionality may only be on cars with surround cams. The image on my Pure with rear view looks just like 13 and 18 and always has done. I think its time to RTM
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 12:36pm by WB.)
02-02-2012 12:36pm
cjfp

@wb - after these postings last night I did get the manual out but, in assisting with this issue and confirming what things should look like, is as helpful as a choclate teapot.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 12:42pm by cjfp.)
02-02-2012 12:42pm
Cedric

(02-02-2012 12:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  @wb - after these postings last night I did get the manual out but, in assisting with this issue and confirming what things should look like, is as helpful as a choclate teapot.

I don't think it really matters. Line it up for your garage and see if the lines point to the garage and not the wall. If they point for the wall, you do have a problem Very Happy
02-02-2012 01:54pm
WB
WB

(02-02-2012 12:42pm)cjfp Wrote:  @wb - after these postings last night I did get the manual out but, in assisting with this issue and confirming what things should look like, is as helpful as a choclate teapot.

Good point - the manual does seem to lack.... details.
(02-02-2012 01:54pm)Cedric Wrote:  I don't think it really matters. Line it up for your garage and see if the lines point to the garage and not the wall. If they point for the wall, you do have a problem Very Happy

I think my width lines are fine -it's whether we should be seeing more sky and less bumper that is the question for me.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 05:15pm by WB.)
02-02-2012 05:14pm
ajmooseman

Ok guys, sorry if this has been sorted but I can confirm that all your camera's are correct, I had mine at the dealers 3 times to try and sort this, the lack of info provided direct from LAnd rover really has had the dealer and myself scratching our heads.

Standard reversing camera is different to the one you get with surround camera system. the surround camera system give you a wide angle frog view that appears as if it's in the centre of your bumper (which it;s not) the standard one gives the slanted version (v poor) however if you check your lines ect they do work out, even the line for towing hook which looks miles out actually does line up to the centre of the car, when projected down another 18" to towing hook level.

So don't panic your camera's are OK they are just very poor design for the standard feature!

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
03-02-2012 05:18pm
Firenze

Mine has changed today! I now see part of my bumper like the photo above yet i didnt used to. I have the surround cameras and it is not because I have changed the view

Anybody actually identify a fault with the camera or software?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
08-05-2012 06:05pm
Sarcastrix

Mine's moved too. Well, after I played around with it Wink

It's just a poor design, with the camera being quite loose in it's housing. When you wash the car it's easy to knock.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
09-05-2012 09:05am