Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Hi Everyone!
RogB

RE: Hi Everyone!

Jag E Pace
Jag F Pace
RR E Wok

Maybe they will change the brand name to RRaguar (said in Scooby Doo voice Very Happy )

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
03-12-2018 10:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Are you ready for this.......... there are a lot of variants
Evoque S/SE and HSE
Evoque R-Dynamic S/SE and HSE
Evoque First Edition (only for the 1st 12 months production)

It was much simpler in the days of Pure, Prestige and Dynamic!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 03:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-12-2018 03:32pm
Flinders

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome! It gets more confusing then with the different variants! Lol! It’s the older models I’m looking at so it will be the dynamic I’m looking at.

An evoque will be much cheaper to run than the X6 but still trying to decide if it’s worth the swap. Does the evoque have all the 4x4 abilities where you can chose the terrain as you can on a RRS?

Anything I need to watch out for when buying?

2015 2.2 SD4 Evoque Dynamic|Black Pack|Santorini Black
03-12-2018 10:26pm
RogB

Yes you have the terrain response in the Evoque (including dynamic mode in the errrrm Dynamic spec ) The only ones that don't have terrain response are the ED4 2 wheel drive variants.

You obviously don't have the air suspension or diff locking or hi/lo ratio that the RRS has but the electronics sort that out for you, and you also don't have the same ground clearance the RRS has however the Evoque into almost everywhere you will probably need to get, and get you out if you get stuck.

As for things to watch out for, just have a good read of the forums as there is plenty of information on them from owners. Rear diffs are prone to going and the Haldex should really be serviced a lot more than the LR recommended 150k miles intervals but both can resolved for a lot less than LR can fix them.

just go for the newest, best spec one you can afford with a decent warranty. Many think the auto is the best to go for to and I would be inclined to agree but its personal preference really.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
04-12-2018 09:37am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you want to do some off-road driving or heavy towing with the Evoque then you need to consider something after 2013 as in October 2013 LR introduced the 9 speed automatic that has 1st gear as a crawler gear instead of low range which is why the car will always pull away in 2nd or 3rd in normal driving.
The Evoque doesn’t get the rock crawl mode in it’s TR as that requires the air-suspension as well as a transfer gear box. Having offroaded both my Evoques I can assure you that not having rock crawl is no loss, the other programs get it through most situations just fine and as well as any old Series Landy or Disco1 or 2 and better than a Freelander2 as the Evoque has a little more ground clearance- it’s only millimeters more but it makes a difference(as the Actress said to the Bishop)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-12-2018 03:25pm
Flinders

Well it’s been a while since I posted looking to get an evoque! I can now saw I’m an evoque owner and a week and half in to ownership!

I have the 2015 2.2 SD4 in santorini black with black pack. It’s been back to garage once already with a dpf sensor problem and it’s going back next week as I can hear the turbo whistling quite loud so I think turbo on it’s way out. Mpg is pretty poor too. Need to try and improve on the 31 mpg currently getting on long journeys.

If I can get all the niggles sorted I can say I am going to love this car very much! Smile

2015 2.2 SD4 Evoque Dynamic|Black Pack|Santorini Black
20-04-2019 11:56pm
Paul Brown

Just wanted to stop by and say hi... loving the Evoque having downsized from a D3

Jan 19 SE Tech TD4 Corrus Grey
20-05-2019 02:39pm
Koidream

31mpg isn't that bad...

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
20-05-2019 03:31pm
Revoli

Hi Everyone!

Hi

Just bought Evoque 2014 sd4 Pure Tech. Know very little about them, here to pillage knowledge, (and share whatever I am able). I am now an expert in getting freshly polished and cleaned Evoques off the forecourt very dirty. Oops (is there any other way to test a 4x4?)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
20-06-2019 10:40pm