Newbie here
First RR having been an Audiphile for years
Now a British marque to go with my triumph tiger explorer

Look forward to contributing and learning from you all[/u]
03-10-2013 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeroma

RE: Hi Everyone!

Want to introduce myself as a future Evoque owner, probably decembre.
During a local shopping tour with my best part I drove by our local JLR dealer, only a mile from our place, and so I asked my spouse if she wanted to have a look at the new Freelanders on display.

She agreed and so we decided to go inside. I must admit that I'm a serious British car nut, driving Triumph TRs, a TR3A and a TR6PI for almost 50 years. but a previous experience, end 90th with a Freelander, under BMW at the time, turned into a disaster and I promised myself to never go near a LR product anymore.
As the Freelander2 looked quite the buisiness I finally decided to give LR a second chance.

Unfortunately , read fortunately for me, the seating position and comfort in the Freelander was far away from what my wife expected and so we had a closer look at the Evoque's in the showroom.
Must say she was very pleased once seated inside the Evoque. After a short testdrive we decided that this would be our next car and straight away signed a contract. A rather expensive shopping tour I must say, that was not included in our plans, but so what you only live .... once.

As I mentioned, as British Sports Car nut it had to be Aintree Green, but as we never drive off road but a few times a year to S of France we decided for the 2 wheel drive, to say a Pure with TechPack rear view camera and some more extras.

Nice forum this is and after I get used to it I will try to make some additions in the view of signature and avatar. I got 2 left hands in typing so excuse some errors.
Best regards to all of you, JR

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
03-11-2013 03:21pm
Mharv

Hi all great website, just purchased a 2013 RRE Dynamic auto SD4 with pano roof, 20" wheels, comfort access, and it is a joy to drive.. Very Happy completely different drive to the Z89 3.0 six (12 months old) and company new e class 250 Tongue Out really like the high up driving position ... tried the sport mode with red dials and is very impressive for a 4 x4 Shocked Need a rubber boot mat... or something when carrying crap Laughing to the tip.
11-12-2013 04:12pm
Lilly

Hi all! Posted on the other thread...!

Just wanted to say hello - again! We pick up our 63 plate Evoque Pure (with a few extras!) tomorrow afternoon...bye bye, BMW 5 series!

She's Orkney grey with privacy glass, pano roof with black roof and spoiler. We're very excited...fell in love with the Evoque we hired to drive around the Alps last month!
16-12-2013 03:14pm
batool100

Hello All,I'm new here, experience much better to be a part of this group, wish i will understand some excellent stuff here and also discuss my information....
09-01-2014 07:49am
Silver Fox

(15-08-2011 03:50pm)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself; I'm from the UK Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre. I hope you're all as excited about the Evoque as we are here!

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a private message or point me in the direction of a post and I'll see what I can do. If it's not something that I can answer I'll be able to find someone who can or point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

Nick

Hi,

Please advise when the web configerator will be up and running for UK Evoque models and also when dealers will have the brochures that were advised to be early in January 2014.

Regards
09-01-2014 09:58am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Silver Fox,

I have checked further into this and both the Uk web configurator and the brochures will be available by the end of January 2014.

In the mean time, dealerships are able to provide accurate quotes as well as place orders on vehicles with any of the currently available market specific options.

Hope this helps and I will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update when the changes are made.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
09-01-2014 10:06am
Silver Fox

(09-01-2014 10:06am)Pete@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Silver Fox,

I have checked further into this and both the Uk web configurator and the brochures will be available by the end of January 2014.

In the mean time, dealerships are able to provide accurate quotes as well as place orders on vehicles with any of the currently available market specific options.

Hope this helps and I will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update when the changes are made.

Many thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your rapid response.

Regards

Silver Fox
09-01-2014 10:15pm
DannyWoz

Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and soon to be new to Evoque ownership (hopefully). Currently trying to decide on whether to buy one of the 12MY or 13MY ones at some great prices, or to take the plunge and go for a new 14MY. Heart says go brand new, pick all my choices (liking the Zanzibar if im honest), but head definitely go for a nice low mileage used approved and then maybe look at PX when its close to coming out of warranty for a brand new one.

Anyway wont bore you anymore! I will update once a decision is made and appreciate any advise or opinions!

Danny
15-01-2014 01:23am
speary

(15-01-2014 01:23am)DannyWoz Wrote:  Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and soon to be new to Evoque ownership (hopefully). Currently trying to decide on whether to buy one of the 12MY or 13MY ones at some great prices, or to take the plunge and go for a new 14MY. Heart says go brand new, pick all my choices (liking the Zanzibar if im honest), but head definitely go for a nice low mileage used approved and then maybe look at PX when its close to coming out of warranty for a brand new one.

Anyway wont bore you anymore! I will update once a decision is made and appreciate any advise or opinions!

Danny

If you want an auto then buy new you will get the new 9 speed. I understand that the old 6 speed is a bit pants

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-01-2014 06:55pm