Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.86 Average
Hi Everyone!
Tony

RE: Hi Everyone!

(16-01-2014 06:55pm)speary Wrote:  If you want an auto then buy new you will get the new 9 speed. I understand that the old 6 speed is a bit pants

Never had any issues with my 6 speed auto nor the same box in my FL2 before.

Best thing is to take an extended test drive and try for yourself.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
16-01-2014 07:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ziggy stardust

Apart from the times when 'gearbox fault' shows on start up (but not always) I find the auto box fine, o.k. it's not as smart as the Volvo T5 auto box that I had before the evoque but it's fine.
Now this morning on start up I experienced one hell of a noise from the engine, I already call it the tractor because it's a diesel but when it started up this morning it was so loud and clatterly I quickly turned it off, something was not right. After about 15 seconds as me and the wife stared at each other in disbelief I tried again. Same loud noise but as I was about to turn it off again it went quieter then a little quieter and then to normal, it's been o.k. since. Oil level is correct.
It's booked in at my local Land Rover service centre tomorrow to have my replacement spare key programmed to the car so I'll ask them to have a look.

Z
(16-01-2014 06:55pm)speary Wrote:  If you want an auto then buy new you will get the new 9 speed. I understand that the old 6 speed is a bit pants
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 11:51pm by ziggy stardust.)
09-02-2014 11:49pm
babyhazey

I went through many trials and tribulations to get my Evoque. I found that depreciation on a 2011 was non-existent and then when I finally found a nice 2013 Prestige Lux at an official Oxford Land Rover dealer at a reseasonable price I was severely let down. I put my deposit down over the phone on what I thought was (and what was advertised to be) a Prestige Lux, and was due to pick it up the following weekend. I clarified that the sales particulars on the landrover.co.uk website were correct and he confirmed it twice before taking my deposit.

A day or two before picking it up I was just entering the registration to get an insurance quote and it came up with the model just being an Prestige! I called the dealer immediately and they said that they had tried to call me the day before to tell me. However, I had no evidence of a missed call and no voicemail message was left on my phone. The dealer also had my email address. I was so annoyed that they hadn't used their best endeavours to contact me to tell me of the significant change in model and wonder whether I would have ever been told.

Also, to add insult to injury and to make feel that little bit more disappointed, the guy said quite sarcastically that Prestige Luxes are 5K more expensive. He didn't even say sorry for the mistake - he seemed completely unrepentant. I was absolutely desolute and there were tears! I had my heart set on an Evoque for a few years. I didn't complain, and usually I am quite good at that, as I knew it would be fruitless and probably the manager of the Oxford dealer would be unsympathetic.

My husband and mother seeing how distressed I was said that they could help me a little more with my car, so I started to do some research, mainly on here and found out about Drive The Deal. Amazing!!! I dream-specced my Dynamic Lux (black inside and out) + intellegience pack + front and rear heated seats + heated steering wheel + rear aircon vents and got nearly 5K off the price! They were polite to deal with and when the dealer called he was also polite. I am so excited that it's due to be delivered in May.

But I really must say that being a petite, blonde, young-looking 30 year old doesn't give you a lot of respect in any Land Rover dealership! No one took me seriously at all (unless I was with my husband) and I found it very frustrating.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 01:45pm by babyhazey.)
11-02-2014 01:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Babyhazey welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your problems with a misleading salesman, it appears that you have sorted things out now. Too late now but we have a couple of dealerships who are forums sponsors and they would have given you all the help you need since one bad mention on any forum and business evaporates! Ok so the two main sponsoring dealerships (Hadley Green and Duckworths) aren't so close to you,, but I use Hadley Green because I know how good the standard of service is from their sales team - and I live in Scotland! Glad you got the deal and car you were looking for at the end of the day - is it a 2014MY car or a 2013MY?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 03:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-02-2014 03:52pm
babyhazey

It's brand new and being built so it will hopefully be May 2014, they said maybe April Smile
11-02-2014 10:57pm
babyhazey

Is the current Evoque brochure (http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/p...verEvoque) the 2014 one? The © is 2013. If not - when will this be available?
14-02-2014 04:56pm
recordman

Yes, that's the 2014 brochure. It refers to 9sp auto 'boxes and other 2014 features. The document was created in 2013.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
14-02-2014 07:32pm
12redrover

Hello Pete/Nick: I have tried to Private message you, but does not work! Have Many issues with my 2012 Evoque please contact me somehow, so I can enlist your help!
VIN SALV.......00521
See my post in General Disscussion, or check me out on the other forum Evoqueforum.
Maybe if you PM me, I will be able to respond.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 08:30pm by 12redrover.)
04-03-2014 08:27pm
cjfp

(04-03-2014 08:27pm)12redrover Wrote:  Hello Pete/Nick: I have tried to Private message you, but does not work! Have Many issues with my 2012 Evoque please contact me somehow, so I can enlist your help!
VIN SALV.......00521
See my post in General Disscussion, or check me out on the other forum Evoqueforum.
Maybe if you PM me, I will be able to respond.

You need 5 posts before PM works

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-03-2014 08:35pm
12redrover

Thanks!
04-03-2014 08:36pm