Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Dab & FM reception poor
Kendo4165

RE: Dab & FM reception poor

(09-03-2012 01:37pm)Mike Wrote:  Update from Landrover Customer Services, they have not had anyone else with poor reception issues. So not a known problem. I am going to have to try harder.

Yes they are ignoring this problem, the more people start to complain they will have to do something. Good luck. Very Happy
(09-03-2012 03:01pm)Honken69 Wrote:  I also have poor radio reception.

Anyone have heard what they do to the cars that get fixed?

I have not heard of anyone who has had the problem fixed yet! What has your dealer said to you?

Good luck
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 03:32pm by Kendo4165.)
19-03-2012 03:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

Odd. Here in the State of Texas the dealer offered a fix without me asking. He said the was a bulletin regarding poor reception. I took him for his word and thanked him.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
19-03-2012 06:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kendo4165

(19-03-2012 03:31pm)Kendo4165 Wrote:  Yes they are ignoring this problem, the more people start to complain they will have to do something. Good luck. Very Happy

I have not heard of anyone who has had the problem fixed yet! What has your dealer said to you?

Good luck

The dealer is doing all it can, their hands are tied unless Landrover give them authority to carry out any work under warranty there is nothing they can do we need to keep on at customer services. They will come up with a fix hopefully if enough of people complain. If you have a problem with you radio reception Please contact Landrover customer services on 08705 000500

Good luck
22-03-2012 10:51am
BOBM4N

I rang Land Rover today and they said they are not aware of any such problems.

Then told me to go speak to my local dealer......

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
22-03-2012 07:21pm
Mike

Update:-

The radio is still totally unacceptable on both FM and DAB, and will be investigated by Landrover and the dealer early April, but after further investigation it appears that the radio aerial is in a different place on the car depending on spec. Mine is a Dynamic with pano roof and no TV,so the aerial is in the rear spoiler/roof section.
Is this the same spec as others with the same problem?

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
25-03-2012 10:27pm
BOBM4N

Mine is same spec and have same issues

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
27-03-2012 01:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine is same and up until yesterday I had great FM and DAB, but last Friday DAB disappeared, came back for the weekend and then yesterday morning and today no DAB in the car, but I have perfect DAB on my house radio........... Dynamic SD4 Auto, pano roof, 825w hifi system with TV

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 07:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-03-2012 07:31pm
cjfp

Xfullfat - have you retuned your radio as I believe they are makes some dab wavelength changes similar to Freeview are at the moment?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-03-2012 07:50pm
XFullFatTim

CJ, I've told it to search but it just comes up "No reception". I use DAB all the time in the house and I haven't needed to retune my radio inside or change any of the station presets. When Nik posted last week I responded that the shift in frequencies might have accounted for it but the next morning when I went out the car had DAB booming in on all the BBC channels

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-03-2012 10:54pm
XFullFatTim

I have just been out to the car and forced a retune by switching the DAB band selection from "Band 111 and Band L" to just Band 111. When the search was completed I switched back to the original Band 111 and Band L and again the DAB radio auto tuned, this time I have all the available BBC stations including Radio Scotland, still no ClassicFM on DAB and the signal is strong and clear. It is strange that my Sony system in my bedroom has not required any retuning yet the car has. Anyway I'm happy again, no dealer visits required!

28-03-2012 09:59am