Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Dab & FM reception poor
Kendo4165

RE: Dab & FM reception poor

(25-03-2012 10:27pm)Mike Wrote:  Update:-

The radio is still totally unacceptable on both FM and DAB, and will be investigated by Landrover and the dealer early April, but after further investigation it appears that the radio aerial is in a different place on the car depending on spec. Mine is a Dynamic with pano roof and no TV,so the aerial is in the rear spoiler/roof section.
Is this the same spec as others with the same problem?

We have a dynamic but it has a steal roof, with no TV! I'm going to keep bugging Customer Care, they can't ignore it anymore, it's not an isolated problem?
29-03-2012 03:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

Car is at the dealers, but the courtesy Evoque has the same issue. landrover are still insisting I am the only one who has spoken to cust serv re poor radio reception.
If you feel it is poor, please ring them and get a ref from them.
I believe it is weak reception areas where the problem lies, so many will not experience the problem until they start to travel.
As I have said before all other Landrovers I have owned over the last 15 years the radios were perfect, this one needs boosting.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
03-04-2012 02:41pm
cjfp

Travelled yesterday from Hampshire to Liverpool and never lost dab once ... Apart from when reversing as there reverse camera does seem to interfere with the dab signal in some way!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-04-2012 04:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you got the volume of the reversing tones turned up higher than the radio volume? On mine as soon as I select reverse the radio/cd/mp3 volume used to be muted, but I went into the volume settings and turned down the reversing beeps and turned up the radio so I have very quiet beeps and can still hear the radio!!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 04:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-04-2012 04:49pm
Kendo4165

(03-04-2012 02:41pm)Mike Wrote:  Car is at the dealers, but the courtesy Evoque has the same issue. landrover are still insisting I am the only one who has spoken to cust serv re poor radio reception.
If you feel it is poor, please ring them and get a ref from them.
I believe it is weak reception areas where the problem lies, so many will not experience the problem until they start to travel.
As I have said before all other Landrovers I have owned over the last 15 years the radios were perfect, this one needs boosting.

I have Have sent a private message to the guy from Landrover strangely there has been no reply. I am still persuing the "customer we don't car line!"

Let's keep up the pressure. Good luck
03-04-2012 05:57pm
cjfp

Can hear both beeps and radio but the radio breaks up into digital fuzz

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-04-2012 06:38pm
Mike

Car coming back from dealer, sounds like no fix!
The only way the radio will be improved, is when landrover accept there is a problem and issue a fix.
Until then it would appear I have to put up with a bad radio receptionSad
Customer services need to get on with this one quick, has anyone any ideas ?

Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
05-04-2012 10:53am
Kendo4165

(05-04-2012 10:53am)Mike Wrote:  Car coming back from dealer, sounds like no fix!
The only way the radio will be improved, is when landrover accept there is a problem and issue a fix.
Until then it would appear I have to put up with a bad radio receptionSad
Customer services need to get on with this one quick, has anyone any ideas ?

Exactly the same issue as I have the more people who come forward with this problem the better.
09-04-2012 06:24pm
sethor

Has anyone here who has poor reception also have window tint fitted? if the aerial is on any of the windows, fitting a metallic window tint film will degrade reception.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 07:27pm by sethor.)
09-04-2012 07:26pm
Mike

The aerial is in the rear spoiler on my spec car, so no the windows wouldn't affect it, but also it has not got aftermarket tinted windows.

Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
09-04-2012 10:16pm