babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dab & FM reception poor - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Dab & FM reception poor (/Thread-Dab-FM-reception-poor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dab & FM reception poor - Mike - 09-02-2012 09:30pm

In all my previous Land Rovers radio reception has been good, but in the Evoque both the Dab and FM signals are weak, Has anyone noticed the same, and where is the aerial?

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - XFullFatTim - 09-02-2012 10:27pm

Goodness I find the DAB and FM reception in my Evoque to be miles better than in the last FFRR I had - I couldn't get DAB at all within 10 miles of home in that, in the Evoque I have crystal clear DAB sat on my drive, I can also get miles better TV reception on the in dash TV outside the house whereas I got only a snowstorm in the FFRR

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - lngrn36 - 09-02-2012 10:42pm

When I had mine in the service dept last week the service writer informed me that there was a radio reception fix that was changed under warranty. So there must be a history of some units having a reception issue. If your having problems, tell your shop.

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - Westy - 09-02-2012 10:44pm

I have to say that my DAB reception is really good, I have a DAB radio at home and this is easily equal to the home unit with an attached aerial.

Do some more messing with the settings, alternatively pop in a good dealer in your area and ask for some help, maybe the master tech could through some light on it.

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - defender_uk - 09-02-2012 11:03pm

I have bad issues too with it.....

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - PhilSkill - 10-02-2012 12:17am

My DAB reception is fantastic, never heard it dropout once! Way better than any previous car, Never had to use FM.

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - dandavis1 - 10-02-2012 11:47am

I also find FM reception to be poor - especially on a local station (Radio Jackie) which perhaps has a less powerful transmitter. Unfortunately its so bad in the Evoque I now longer listen to the station at all.

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - WB - 10-02-2012 11:49am

My DAB reception is good but the radio has failed to pick up any DAB stations on a few occasions which is annoying.

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - caroline11000 - 10-02-2012 12:55pm

my dab not great!

RE: Dab & FM reception poor - griff - 10-02-2012 01:45pm

I must confess I have found DAB to be superb and the follow on facility means it has not missed a beat whilst I have travelled the country.
T V I find a bit hit and miss but it is not watched much.