RE: DISASTER :-(

Great they did a good job Ali.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
14-09-2012 05:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chunk

Ali, the Plus seats = Bow down Especially combined with leather dash etc. I have them in mine and everyone comments on them. Glad you got the roof sorted to your liking!!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
14-09-2012 09:27pm
Evo-king

Ali, a word of advise re solid/metal roof.

We were talking about the panoramic roof issues at the 1st birthday meet and someone mentioned that when it rains it get a bit noisy inside a metal roof Evoque.

i think the point being made was that it is too noisy.

Hopefully a metal roof owner will come on and explain.

I'm glad you have got your car back in good order.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 10:07pm by Evo-king.)
14-09-2012 10:06pm
ChuckieB

(14-09-2012 10:06pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Ali, a word of advise re solid/metal roof.

We were talking about the panoramic roof issues at the 1st birthday meet and someone mentioned that when it rains it get a bit noisy inside a metal roof Evoque.

i think the point being made was that it is too noisy.

Hopefully a metal roof owner will come on and explain.

I'm glad you have got your car back in good order.

Yep, like living in a tin roofed shed when it rains, not much by way of sound deadening in order to save weight! Roof certainly has a lot of flex in it as it is pretty thin guage aluminium. Still at least it won't leak!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-09-2012 11:27pm
cjfp

As my renewal is due soon, I have just spoken to Admiral - defo don't cover Pano under 'Glass' and damage/repair would count as a strike against your NCB (iirc you're allowed two in two years ?!) - they also want to know all options you went for above the very base car and they class these as 'modifications' - and was 'expensive' at £475

Swiftcover - class a Pano as a single piece of glass that starts at the wipers and goes all the way over the roof in one go - thus Evoque is not a Pano but a 'large sunroof' and not covered under glass would have to be under main policy. If you wish to take the gamble, they gave me a very good price (£247)

LV - a 'modification' is anything changed after it has left the dealer. Any options that were built-in before it left the forecourt are not modifications. Pano roof IS covered under the glass section of the policy. Still a good price (£350) and the most likely I will go for.

Aviva - good price but I need to speak to them re Pano.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 05:47pm by cjfp.)
15-09-2012 05:46pm
tetstb

i'm with LV and they agreed that the Pano was covered under Glass section but an additional excess 'may' apply. I've just claimed for my windscreen as there is an 8 inch crack from the passenger side A-pillar after a pretty small stone was kicked up by a lorry the other day, didn't sound much but the screen has cracked from the edge in. New screen being fitted tomorrow by Autoglass so I hope its ok.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 07:00pm by tetstb.)
15-09-2012 06:59pm
alibeau

(14-09-2012 11:27pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Yep, like living in a tin roofed shed when it rains, not much by way of sound deadening in order to save weight! Roof certainly has a lot of flex in it as it is pretty thin guage aluminium. Still at least it won't leak!

Hmmmmm, not sure which is worse, the 'worry' of having another cracked roof or the noise issue with a non pano roof Rolling Eyes

I suppose I am being spurred on by the thought of also ordering sports seats which I do not currently have.... I didn't like the look of them when I placed my order but since then they have really grown on me... and I dream of having a tilt option Laughing

Not sure whether to hang in there with my current Evoque, surely it would have to be really bad luck to have another pano roof 'disaster' and wait three years or so to see how the Evoque 'develops' with options, colours etc and then make a change Wink

Food for thought Smile

Ali.
(15-09-2012 06:59pm)tetstb Wrote:  i'm with LV and they agreed that the Pano was covered under Glass section but an additional excess 'may' apply. I've just claimed for my windscreen as there is an 8 inch crack from the passenger side A-pillar after a pretty small stone was kicked up by a lorry the other day, didn't sound much but the screen has cracked from the edge in. New screen being fitted tomorrow by Autoglass so I hope its ok.

Hope all goes well Thumbs Up
(15-09-2012 05:46pm)cjfp Wrote:  As my renewal is due soon, I have just spoken to Admiral - defo don't cover Pano under 'Glass' and damage/repair would count as a strike against your NCB (iirc you're allowed two in two years ?!) - they also want to know all options you went for above the very base car and they class these as 'modifications' - and was 'expensive' at £475

Swiftcover - class a Pano as a single piece of glass that starts at the wipers and goes all the way over the roof in one go - thus Evoque is not a Pano but a 'large sunroof' and not covered under glass would have to be under main policy. If you wish to take the gamble, they gave me a very good price (£247)

LV - a 'modification' is anything changed after it has left the dealer. Any options that were built-in before it left the forecourt are not modifications. Pano roof IS covered under the glass section of the policy. Still a good price (£350) and the most likely I will go for.

Aviva - good price but I need to speak to them re Pano.

Only one other thing springs to mind, some insurers have a limit on the amount they will pay out for a glass claim. Admiral tried to tell me at one point that they would only pay £50 towards my claim as that was my limit for a glass pay out?!?!? As it turns out my roof was not covered by the glass section but on the main policy. Bear in mind that my repair cost over £1800.....

I really thought I had covered all the bases with my current policy, listing all my optional extras etc but next year I think I will have to spend a lot longer studying the small print for every eventuality Shocked

Ali Smile
(14-09-2012 09:27pm)Chunk Wrote:  Ali, the Plus seats = Bow down Especially combined with leather dash etc. I have them in mine and everyone comments on them. Glad you got the roof sorted to your liking!!

Jealous.com!

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 07:42pm by alibeau.)
15-09-2012 07:35pm
Evo-king

Ali, IMHO, I would give your car a chance, as you pointed out an Evoque in say 3 years should have all of the early model issues sorted, and maybe some different interior options.

Decisions, decisions.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-09-2012 05:30pm
Chunkstar

DISASTER :-(

For most insurers they will put a limit on the cost of windscreen replacement if you do not use their recommended repairers. In this instance Ali as they were dealing with the claim under the main damage section of your policy the would not put a limit on the cost to replace the roof.
16-09-2012 05:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(15-09-2012 07:35pm)alibeau Wrote:  Not sure whether to hang in there with my current Evoque, surely it would have to be really bad luck to have another pano roof 'disaster' and wait three years or so to see how the Evoque 'develops' with options, colours etc and then make a change Wink

Ali on the colour front there is hope..................... the new FFRR has something like 22 colour choices before you dip into the two sets of "Autobiography" colour options, I think I saw somewhere that the L405 has something like 45 paint palates to choose from - there are the "standard" colours at NCO, then a set for an extra £4000 and then the scintachrome (??) colours that change shades as you walk round the car for an additional £8000................... so maybe we will get an "Autobiography" RRE once all the Becks editions have sold out

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2012 06:16pm