Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISASTER :-(
Urban Splash

RE: DISASTER :-(

Ali, glad its sorted. Always a hassle dealing with insurance folks!

With Admiral, were they aware that you had a pano roof?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-09-2012 09:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

(07-09-2012 11:40pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Keep your chin up worse things happenSmile

Morning!

Yes, I am feeling much calmer this morning and realise there are far more important things in life Laughing As my good old Dad would say 'it's just damned annoying'!!!!!

Ali.
(08-09-2012 09:02am)Urban Splash Wrote:  Ali, glad its sorted. Always a hassle dealing with insurance folks!

With Admiral, were they aware that you had a pano roof?

Admrial were aware of the pano roof. Thanks to the advice on here, I made many calls during my renewal period to ensure that all my factory fitted options were listed seperately. As it happens, each person I spoke to said that a lot of the items I listed were simply classed as interior or exterior changes and would only be listed as such on the policy. I tried to get them to send specific email confirmation to no avail but I did have some sort of peace of mind in that I made a note of the times and dates and the names of the people I spoke to and they had all confirmed verbally that the roof was covered but only under the main policy and not the glass section.......

Ali.

(07-09-2012 10:33pm)SiT Wrote:  This has got me worried as an owner of a car with the pano roof. But is this a problem with the roof or just small numbers reported on an internet forum..?

I think I have just been unlucky.... How many forum members are there? 3000 ish, I can't recall reading many other stories of cracked roofs other than on early models and also perhaps in connection with fitting roof rails.....

Fingers crossed mine is a one off Smile

Ali.
(07-09-2012 09:19am)Token Wrote:  P.S. Your old man seems like my kind of guy!

Hmmmm I won't repeat this to him if you don't mind. I wish I could be as calm as he is in these situations, he sees things in black and white and very logically, perhaps a few skills I should brush up on Laughing

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 11:36am by alibeau.)
08-09-2012 11:16am
Urban Splash

Thanks for that... Much appreciated..

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-09-2012 07:17pm
Barton Evoque

(08-09-2012 06:13am)doug Wrote:  Can you let us know Your findings please. I'm with Aviva & all I could come up with was the wording that all glass is covered. But this could be limited to a few pounds.
I'm with Aviva and before i placed my order i asked this question and they said no so i ordered without pano roof.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
08-09-2012 07:26pm
doug

(08-09-2012 07:26pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  I'm with Aviva and before i placed my order i asked this question and they said no so i ordered without pano roof.

When you say no, I take it's not covered under the glass. But any claim would be on the main policy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 09:22pm by doug.)
08-09-2012 09:21pm
Barton Evoque

I got the impression they would not cover it full stop. But then the girl I was talking to was a bit doppy I don't think she really understanded what a pano roof was. I will ask again next week when I change my policy over for the Evoque.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
08-09-2012 09:55pm
SiT

Pleased to hear you have had a resolution on it Ali.
09-09-2012 06:53pm
alibeau

Mini Update.....

Spoke to LR dealer this morning. Repairer has ordered the glass and hopefully the job will be complete by Wednesday....

I would appreciate it if you would all keep everything crosssed for me Laughing

Hardly worth me collecting the courtesy car they offered me this morning as it would be a chunk out of my day, so I am sticking with my Mum's Fiesta for a few more days Shocked

Ali Smile

10-09-2012 11:00am
alibeau

Update....

The glass was fitted yesterday and car should be ready for collection later on today Thumbs Up

Fingers crossed they have done a good job, I have a long drive home from the dealers so that will be a good test drive.......

Ali Smile

12-09-2012 10:28am
mark_n

Ali

I think the roof lining will have had to come out to replace the glass, so I'd recommend taking a good look at it make sure it is properly fitted without signs of cosmetic damage. You may also want to play a hose over the new roof to check for leaks.

Just to be clear, Admiral are treating this as an accidental damage claim, not a glass claim, is that correct?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-09-2012 11:10am