Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISASTER :-(
alibeau

DISASTER :-(

After a fabulous holiday (just back yesterday) disaster has struck today on the way to my Mum's 75th birthday lunch......

Heard a slight 'chink' as a lorry drove past me in the opposite direction, thought nothing of it only to find on arrvial at my destination a huge crack in my pano roof........ absolutely gutted Big Cry and on driving the car home it is getting bigger by the minute, started off at about 8/10 inches long, running from one corner and in the space of the afternoon has grown by about another 2/3 inches Big Cry

Worst part is, as only discussed on here a matter of weeks ago, my roof is part of my main policy and not covered under the glass section ( I will of course double check this tomorrow as Admiral are closed for the day). I am definitely guilty of presuming this would never happen to me Crying

Second worst part is, we always go out in hubby's RRS if we are going out as a family but I had missed driving my Evoque so much that I insisted we went in mine today Big Cry

Will report back tomorrow, I am off for a good sob Crying

Ali Sad

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
02-09-2012 06:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: DISASTER :-(

Oh dear real shame hopefully then the insurance will get it sorted out for you. I wanted to get the panoramic but decided not to in order to avoid the headache of replacement should the worst happen to our.

Let us all know ow you get on - Land rover replace the glass?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
02-09-2012 06:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

Can you tell if it was started by a stone chip?

You need to find the root cause to be sure that you can't get it sorted another way.
Have you had roof rails fitted? Could this be the cause, or if no stone chip damage could it always have been faulty?

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
02-09-2012 07:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ali you have my sympathies, hope Admiral sort it out quickly and without fuss

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-09-2012 08:43pm
caroline11000

Oh no Ali what a disaster! Hope the insurance sorts it quickly.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
02-09-2012 09:34pm
Evo-king

Ali, sorry to hear this.

Hope you get it sorted successfully tomorrow.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-09-2012 09:47pm
SiT

Sorry to hear this and i hope your insurance pays up without affecting your no claims bonus.

It does make me think the pan roof isn't very strong and hoping mine doesn't crack ...... i can understand windscreen cracks through stones, but a roof..?
02-09-2012 10:03pm
Evo-king

My wife says I shouldn't think it's dangerous, however, if this is a problem for those of us with pan roofs, I was thinking, is there a clear film wrap that could go on top of the glass, and would this give sufficient protection from stone chips?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-09-2012 10:10pm
Craig_d1

Very sorry to read about your crack in the pano roof, and hope you sort it out without too much cost.
02-09-2012 10:19pm
SiT

(02-09-2012 10:10pm)Evo-king Wrote:  My wife says I shouldn't think it's dangerous, however, if this is a problem for those of us with pan roofs, I was thinking, is there a clear film wrap that could go on top of the glass, and would this give sufficient protection from stone chips?

Good shout - Not that I’ve seen but never really imagined that a stone chip could crack roof glass. I'll look into options for this now
02-09-2012 10:20pm