Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISASTER :-(
Evo-king

RE: DISASTER :-(

Next question, any wrappers out there, Tintos?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-09-2012 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rhysadams

What about putting contravision on the roof to protect it

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
02-09-2012 10:58pm
PhilSkill

Sad news Ali, be very interesting how you get on with Admiral, I hope they sort it painlessly for you!

The other issue is what caused it? A lorry simply going passed wouldnt? Either there was something caused a weakness, or it could have been a faulty fit.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-09-2012 11:17pm
alibeau

Thanks everyone.....

I have calmed down slightly! I know it sounds pathetic but it really upset me today Crying

My initial thoughts were that the roof must be faulty as from the inside it just looks like a crack that has started from the corner, on examining the roof from the outside there is a tiny circle/mark/chip which looks like an impact mark and the crack permeates (is that even a word? sorry, still jetlagged!!) from each side of the mark...... had it not been for this mark I would have been convinced the roof was faulty.....

It was only when we spotted the mark/chip that Hubby said he thought he heard something when we driving to our lunch venue...

The lucky thing is, is that I have the blind closed quite a lot of the time but I had it open today as Hubby needs the extra headroom, quite scary to think I could have been driving around unaware that the roof was in an damaged condition and I too would question the durability of these roofs?! Equally as this could happen to a windscreen at any time, does the same apply to the roof?!?!

Hubby has said if I were to have another Evoque in the future that he would recommend ordering without the pano roof. I really thought I would love the pano roof as I always had the blind open on my oversized sunroof on my X5 but with the Evoque I have had the blind closed a lot of the time, I have an all black interior and love the 'closed in' feeling, odd I know, even the kids prefer the blind closed!?! It's like the black hole of Calcutta!!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, will let you know how I get on tomorrow, I really want LR to do the job but not sure where I stand with Admiral on this.....

Thanks again,

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 12:43am by alibeau.)
03-09-2012 12:12am
Urban Splash

Ah, sorry to hear that this has happened.... I hope Admiral sort it though, I'm with them also and it has never been made clear if it's covered, and if so, by which policy.

I notice that you took delivery in Jan, so you must have the 'stronger' roof that was introduced with the price rise last year...

Can't believe a chip would crack the glass though.... Lots of concerned people on here now!

Hope you get it sorted soon and it's pretty painless!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
03-09-2012 07:42am
DaveR

Re: DISASTER :-(

Hope you get sorted as painlessly as possible.

Its a shame that we cannot take out a small seperate glass policy to make sure the roof can be covered independantly of the main car insurance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
03-09-2012 08:19am
WB
WB

Sorry to hear about this and good luck with Admiral. Just a word of advice - language is everything as we've discovered with insurers. Its probably best to refer to it as a glass sunroof which is what it is rather than "Panoramic roof" which may not fall in to the standard language and cause an issue. If they do dispute it is covered as glass then ask them to escalate to a manager/supervisor and don't take no until you've exhausted all possibilities and double checked the actual wording on the policy.
03-09-2012 09:43am
NightFox

Have you tried simply approaching your dealer and telling them your roof has cracked? I know my next door neighbour's FL2 windscreen cracked after only a week or so of ownership, he assumed it was a stone and had it replaced, only for the new one to crack after just a couple more days. It went back to the dealer and then back to LR, was some issue with the frame distorting in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting lying to your dealer, but from what I understand, you're only guessing that a stone chip was responsible, so why limit your options to insurance? I wouldn't even mention the lorry/noise to your dealer as you'd be giving them a 'get out' from properly investigating.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
03-09-2012 11:52am
Ianpembs

(03-09-2012 11:52am)NightFox Wrote:  Have you tried simply approaching your dealer and telling them your roof has cracked? I know my next door neighbour's FL2 windscreen cracked after only a week or so of ownership, he assumed it was a stone and had it replaced, only for the new one to crack after just a couple more days. It went back to the dealer and then back to LR, was some issue with the frame distorting in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting lying to your dealer, but from what I understand, you're only guessing that a stone chip was responsible, so why limit your options to insurance? I wouldn't even mention the lorry/noise to your dealer as you'd be giving them a 'get out' from properly investigating.
\

good point check with dealer as it easy to assume a stone off lorry but the noise may just have been the glass cracking and may be some sort of pressure change caused by lorry passing. It just seems strange reports of roof cracks more than windscreens. I have panoroof and worried it more torsional than stone chipping.
03-09-2012 02:00pm
mark_n

Very sorry to hear this. I'll be interested to hear what Admiral say - I'm with them and my renewal is on 1 October... your outcome may influence what I do.

We know the part is £1300, fitting + VAT takes it to about £2700. I'm inclined to agree with your husband, I'd skip on the next car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
03-09-2012 02:17pm