Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DISASTER :-(
Token

RE: DISASTER :-(

I'd give it a miss next time...not worth the risk or the worry and to be honest, I don't see that it is that much darker than any other car in the back with the blind closed.

That said, I have protected no-claims on my policy so although I would have to pay the excess, I wouldn't have to lose my no-claims. Still not ideal but better than nothing.

I have no idea how much it costs to add protected no-claims, I have just always had it...I also have no idea whether you have to declare a claim as a claim the next time you get insurance, if you made the claim under a no-claims policy. I suspect you do, in which case I then have no idea how much difference the no-claims discount makes when you have reported a claim.

Basically, I have no idea about anything it seems!! But, if anyone does, might be worth sharing with this audience as it might be a good thing to have and therefore in light of having the panoramic roof, might be worth everyone adding to their policy.

Hope this all makes sense...been a long day!

P.S. gutted for you Ali

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
03-09-2012 05:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

I have to admit I tend to drive with the blind closed - and another who likes the 'closed in' darkness - also an all black interior. Maybe with the endless grey days of winter around the corner I'll drive with the blind open more then.

There have been reports that the non-pano roofs are noisy when it rains - even we hear the tinny pinging noises from the rain droplet impacts on the front section of the roof.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-09-2012 08:43pm
Evo-king

Ali.

Any news?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-09-2012 08:44pm
alibeau

Update!

Spoke to Admiral, the claim will be made under the general policy and not the glass section. To be fair to Admiral they have stated this to be the case all along when I queried it with them previously and I am guilty of thinking this would not happen to me.... Luckily I have a very low excess to pay and 'guaranteed no claims bonus protection'..... When I renew next year I will have to search for a company who cover the pano roof under the glass section, if I remember rightly someone on here stated that LV do.... this insurance lark is a bloomin mine field....

The lady at Admiral was very helpful, she wanted me to have the repair done through their recommended garage, I had to decline quite vigorously and was advised that I would not be entitled to a courtesy car etc if I did not use their garage.... again, nothing that I did not already know...

She advised me to get an estimate from my repairer which I should hopefully have in the next day or two.

My LR dealer organised for LR assist to collect the car (as I did not think it was safe to drive as the crack is now 23" long!) from my house yesterday and it is now at the dealership being assessed....

I have everything crossed that Admiral will accept my dealers quote for the repair and everything goes smoothly. I have to say that I am quite concerned about the whole thing and that even if LR do carry out the repair, they can't have had much experience in this type of thing and I am hoping that the car is 'as good as new' when the works are completed....

As to whether there could have been a fault in the roof, I will raise this with my dealer today but as good as they are, I could hardly see them admitting at much and equally I cannot prove it?!? Also given that there is an impact mark this would not help my case but should a pano roof be able to withstand whatever the impact may have been?! I don't know...

I am now driving my (very kind) Mum's 05 Fiesta auto! I titter to myself as I am driving as it reminds of driving a go cart Laughing (not that I am not grateful to her of course!!!)....

Again, thanks for the replies....

Ali.

PS Just spoke to dealer regarding the possibility of the roof having been faulty, he didn't think so given the impact mark. I asked if they had any other pano roof issues on Evoques, he said no!......

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 11:35am by alibeau.)
04-09-2012 11:18am
alibeau

Second update!

Phone call from Admiral to tell me I had been mis-informed and that they will only pay out £50 against any claim for a sunroof Shocked Holy cow, I nearly fell off my seat. I informed her that I presume this might apply to a glass claim but my claim is for a pano roof under the main policy.... so does this effect those of you insured with other companies? ie they may have a limit on what they pay out against a glass policy?

What really gets my goat is that I have paid car insurance all my adult life (this will be my third claim in over 20 years) and the minute I have to claim, I feel as though I am up against it......

She said she would phone me back.

She phoned back, I am correct and they await my quote and will let me know if they are happy with it!

Received quote from LR's 'recommended' repair centre....

Total cost of repair £1850.....

Parts £1306
6.5 hours labour £227.50
Plus VAT

Spoke to the repairer, oh dear lord I have a terrible sinking feeling...... clearly not fitted one before (but who has!?!?!?).... he says that the crack is all the way along the roof now, front to back Sad Don't suppose it matters if it is 6 inches long or 6 meters long as the roof needs replacing regardless but quite worrying that it has spread so quick and so extensively.....

Quite sure Admiral will kick up a stink about the costs......

Hubby as usual is very calm about it all and says that one way or another it will all be sorted, which of course it will Wink

Calm down dear.....

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
04-09-2012 03:41pm
IKM

What a blow. No wonder Admiral insurance went down 9 places in this year's Auto Express Driver Power Survey. Apparently customers were critical about every aspect of their service (7th from bottom overall). Bell Direct (a subsidiary of Admiral) didn't do that much better. NFU got top place.

Fingers crossed all goes well from now on in!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
04-09-2012 03:52pm
Urban Splash

Please see my previous post on this very topic:

When getting my latest policy doc with Admiral, they would not add the pano roof to the modifications section as they have no way of adding it on their system.

The policy doc (page 15) explains windscreen damage. It's not clear cut. "we will pay: to repair or replace broken glass in your cars windscreen or windows.."

Is a pano roof a window? Probably not....

It goes on to state "we will not pay: more than £25 for each glass repair or £50 for each glass replacement, if the repair or replacement is not arranged via our glass repair helpline" question is, will the glass repair helpline cover a roof?

To add confusion, previous policy docs from Admiral specifically stated that "we will not pay to repair or replace sunroofs"

This line does not appear on the current doc.

So in your case Ali, they have interpreted your claim to payout through your main policy....That seems pretty consistent with my experience above, as I would have expected to have to use the main policy to cover the roof. I doubt they could claim your panoramic glass roof is a 'window' or 'sunroof' to get away with only paying out £50. This is really frustrating! If it was anything else, like a wing mirror for example, they would pay out with no fuss.

One thing though, the crack seems to have expanded with an alarming rate... I think LR should be having a look it it..... For example, do they expect this to happen after a stone chip?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
04-09-2012 05:34pm
Evo-king

Well I've hung back and waited as my car insurance renewal is midnight tonight.

The best choices if you can call it that were with Direct Line and Churchill.

I've gone with Churchill, I have to admit the Glass/Windscreen wording is very vague, but have Protected NCB included.

Unless thing improve insurance wise re Panoramic roof, and they certainly won't. A Panoramic roof will not be an option next car around.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-09-2012 06:59pm
wavey.dave

Good luck Ali. If you've seen the saga I went through in the insurance thread just getting Admiral to include the pano roof on the policy at all, you'll see you've got a good result!

[Image: 143277.png]
04-09-2012 08:09pm
mark_n

Interesting, I've just had a good renewal quote from Admiral for my multi-car policy with the Evoque coming in at £267 - see my thread in the Finance/Insurance section. I must take a close look at the policy documents to see what it says about the pano roof.

I choose to have a high voluntary excess - £1000, so that the accidental damage excess is £1100, so there is an element of self-insurance here. If the roof is not covered under the glass section, I'd have to pay that much if I decided to claim.

Labour rate by the fitting company - £35/hour compares well with LR's I expect. I realise looking at mine that the roof rails would have to come off if it happened to me and the trim pieces which slide under each end do not like being taken on and off.

Anyway, hope your repair goes well.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-09-2012 07:47am