Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)
Dwp

RE: Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)

Here's a pic of the Ring xennon max as a comparison

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
04-07-2012 06:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

(04-07-2012 06:03pm)Dwp Wrote:  Here's a pic of the Ring xennon max as a comparison

That looks good as well , i have the xenon max in my abarth 500 they are a good bulb

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
04-07-2012 07:41pm
pugracer

(02-07-2012 10:18pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Phillips cystal vision 4300k

I use the same. I like the color. Maybe just psychological, I think it's slightly brighter than the OE bulb.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
05-07-2012 02:44pm
Jonathon555

(05-07-2012 02:44pm)pugracer Wrote:  I use the same. I like the color. Maybe just psychological, I think it's slightly brighter than the OE bulb.

I was suPrised to see the oem bulbs were phillips but they look crap

Why don't they fit white as standard

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
06-07-2012 07:00pm
BA74

(01-03-2012 10:40pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  As more people asking, this was my experience. I posted this on Australian section and never got around to posting here. Idid the install about 2week ago. I used the Osram night breaker 2, night time driving is not bad, but I am thinking now of getting the full Xenon kit.

1. The install- was pretty straight forward. The drivers side light has better access than the passenger. The manual explains the process well and easy to follow. The only thing is the manual only refers to the xenon set up. With the halogen bulb, to remove you just twist the glob in the housing to remove. Getting the electrical clips off were a little hard on passenger side due to space limitations. I was say do the drivers side first, as you have better access and can learn on that one first. It took about 30 mins to do the install, and I am no expert

2. Results- whilst the garage is dark, I have not had a chance to see at night time. But in the garage the light is still a yellowish colour albeit less yellow than before. The Osram night breakers have two blue rings on the globe to make it a whiter light. I think if you want the bright white, you need a full blue colour glass bulb (stand to be corrected), but I think these actually reduce the performance of the light. So they are not a colour match to the led fog lights and DRLs, but I am sure you can do further research and maybe get some different bulbs. Once you have change the bulbs once it would be easier the second time. The cost of the bulbs was about $30 from eBay, so a cheap mod.

Barneyridge,
What exactly did you order? Thinking of doing on mine.
Also did you convert to xenon? If so again which ones?
Thanks for the follow up.
BA

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
14-07-2012 12:40pm
Barneyridge

Hi BA74, I got Orsram Nightbreaker globes. I got them off eBay. I was actually thinking of getting a different globe, one that was whiter. I still have to do some research on which one though.

I have not done the xenon convert, just too lazy and not enough time Smile rather spend the spare time on the boat

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
15-07-2012 07:45am
nf3d0149ab

Thanks to everyone for the info thus far - I definitely need to swap my Halogens out!
18-07-2012 07:23am
paisan

So , have had a read of handbook in order to switch the bulbs ( not the Xenons ) to Osram Nightbreakers. Am a bit confused mind. In order to change the bulbs , do I need to remove the grill and lift the lever thingy and move the headlights forward , or do I just take all the skin off my knuckles by leaving all that lot in situ. and squeeze my hand down the tiny cavity . Have happily changed bulbs on 2 Freelanders ( 1) so not afraid of the job , as such .
20-07-2012 11:54am
Jonathon555

(20-07-2012 11:54am)paisan Wrote:  So , have had a read of handbook in order to switch the bulbs ( not the Xenons ) to Osram Nightbreakers. Am a bit confused mind. In order to change the bulbs , do I need to remove the grill and lift the lever thingy and move the headlights forward , or do I just take all the skin off my knuckles by leaving all that lot in situ. and squeeze my hand down the tiny cavity . Have happily changed bulbs on 2 Freelanders ( 1) so not afraid of the job , as such .

20-07-2012 06:57pm
paisan

Thanks for the video but it hasnt answered my question. As I understand it , its not necessary to remove the headlights in order to fit new bulbs. Whats not clear from previous posts is if the headlights need to slide forward or if they can be left fixed in place and there is enough hand room so that the bulbs can still be changed .
20-07-2012 08:02pm