Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Sun visor lamps
james

Sun visor lamps

Thanks to the LED thread, I have swapped all my interior bulbs to LED's. If you have not done it, go for it.
It makes a huge difference.
Does anybody know if the same can be done with the sun visor bulbs?
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 07:27pm by james.)
05-03-2012 07:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

RE: Sun visor lamps

The vanity mirror lights take small T5 bulbs, which you can buy LED versions of. The first time I attempted the change I found the bulbs I had bought were too long to fit into the sockets. They were 20mm long IIRC and just wouldn't go in. The other problem I encountered was that when I pulled the OEM bulb out it blew fuse #P57 (10 amp). I then bought some T5 bulbs, which were shorter than the standard ones (16mm) thinking they would work out better, but alas no. I thought it would make sense to pull out fuse #P57 before fiddling with the bulbs again, but after pulling out the OEM bulb, popping the LED one in and putting the fuse back in, the bulb wouldn't work. For some reason the fuse had blown again, so for now I've decided just to leave the vanity lights as they are. All of the other interior lights were swapped over to LED's without a single problem or blown fuse, but the vanity lights don't seem to like LED's and for the life of me I don't know why, lol! If anyone has any tips as to how to do this mod, I'd welcome your advice. Thanks folks, Smile Paula xx
08-06-2013 10:51pm
PhilSkill

I can only imagine you must have a faulty LED or somethng is shorting out when you press around that area, 10A fuse blowing especially more than once suggests a clear fault of some kind.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-06-2013 11:17pm
dynamicgirl

Thanks Phil. Think you are right. It is a really tight squeeze to get the standard bulbs out of their holders, so some wiggling around and pressing on the housing is required and that may be what is causing the shorting out. On both attempts the fuses had blown before I even got as far as fitting the LED's. I think I'll just leave them as they are TBH as LED's aren't the most flattering things for a lady's complexion anyway. Thanks again Smile xx
09-06-2013 11:38am