babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Any freebies with your RR Evoque Order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Evo-king, yes I wrote it as I progressed up the country - look back to the posts on 9th September 2011, not sure if they were in the General or the My RRE section.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here................ I'm sure many of you are business men, owners of small companies or shops - why do you expect to get freebies for buying a car? I bet you absolutely hate having to give discounts and freebies in your line of business so why should it be good to expect them from a car dealership? In many places that would be considered a corrupt practice! I don't expect to get freebies on a car that is on a long lead in time and very popular that the maker has a list of orders that most businesses would give their right arm for, however what I do expect is to be given an honest and fair quote by those I do decide to buy from and if I feel I have been ripped off I take my business elsewhere.
(12-09-2012 01:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Evo-king, yes I wrote it as I progressed up the country - look back to the posts on 9th September 2011, not sure if they were in the General or the My RRE section.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here................ I'm sure many of you are business men, owners of small companies or shops - why do you expect to get freebies for buying a car? I bet you absolutely hate having to give discounts and freebies in your line of business so why should it be good to expect them from a car dealership? In many places that would be considered a corrupt practice! I don't expect to get freebies on a car that is on a long lead in time and very popular that the maker has a list of orders that most businesses would give their right arm for, however what I do expect is to be given an honest and fair quote by those I do decide to buy from and if I feel I have been ripped off I take my business elsewhere.

Point taken BUT
I am a businessman and if I had a product that was so much in demand then sure I would hold prices and not discount as that makes good business sense. However if I am interested in gaining further business from a client (service work, accident repair, accessories) which could also add up to several thousand pounds over the life of the vehicle I would do something to encourage loyalty especially where the product bought AND the products that MAY be bought are freely available AT THE SAME PRICE elsewhere. In the context of the margin on the vehicle and all the add ons a full tank of fuel or a set of mats is peanuts and would certainly be returned in future profits. The fact is that future spend is guaranteed (we all have to service our cars within the dealer network) unlike most sales so surely it makes just as much sense to make sure that spend comes your way!!

In these hard times customer satisfaction and therefore loyalty should take number one priority as its much easier (and cheaper) to keep an existing client than it is to find a new one.

BTW I am an Estate Agent (a profession only slightly less maligned than a traffic warden) so my product is not in demand at the moment BUT most of our clients have bought and sold several homes through us over many years.
+1
Initially I got to take delivery of my car outside in the rain and not in the showroom, Tried to fob me off with damaged rear mats, A shltty TP Topping plastic sticker placed under the LR Badge, Oh yes and the Dealership screwed my order up. No Electric seats, No power Mirrors, No Fog lights. Got treated like crap by them. Received a Bouquet of flowers because I asked and a full tank of fuel. I take my hat off to the dealership.
But that is service that should not go unremarked, it was terrible that they could not supply you with the special car that you ordered, took advantage of your particular situation to force the car on you and I hope that you will not be crossing their showroom threshold again. To stick unasked for badges on a new car in my eyes is vandalism and I know they are easy to remove with a hairdryer and dental floss in most cases, although a dealership around here did fix them on more permanently to Renaults! Ivorredone I hope all is now running smoothly with the disappointing car.
(12-09-2012 08:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]B I hope all is now running smoothly with the disappointing car.

I am happy with the car. I think it really is superb to drive. I just wish I could get something sorted out with the front fogs. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never have full electric front seats and folding mirrors but the look of the car is really spoilt by the ugly grey plastic blocks that are in the lights housing.
I still cannot get a proper answer from Land Rover as to whether the bumper that is fitted will allow for me to attach dummy lights (with no wiring) Thanks for your concern. I know my letter on google docs is a tad over the top but when spending so much money you expect the dealership to assist in everyway.
Can't see why your dealer can't fit fog lights my dealer told me if i didn't spec the car with them now it would cost £700 to fit later.
(12-09-2012 08:49pm)Barton Evoque Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see why your dealer can't fit fog lights.

I have moved my Servicing etc over to another Dealership. Think we only have two in Northern Ireland.
The new one tells me that as my bumper came without the fogs there will be no securing plates for the fogs so not only will I have to purchase the wiring loom, switch, Lights.. I will also have to buy a new bumper and have that colour coded. It will cost over £1k for all this. So, if there is anyone out there who knows I would appreciate some feedback so that I can have a pop at the dealership.

I really cannot get my head around what is truth and which is lies. I have no faith in these dealerships. Rolling Eyes
Lol yes I read the thread but the thought of hacksawing things and ripping my arms to shreds doesn't thrill me. All I need to know is if my Bumper has fixing mounts for fogs and if so I will buy some from ebay or somewhere else and have them fitted by LR. If it cost me £100 for a pair of second hand lights and £200 fitting labour then I will be happy with that.
Thank you for reminding me of this thread though. It is appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's