babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If only they had come up with some form of docking point to hold the keys whilst you are in the car !!!
I agree with this one...

If you are going to have keyless start (which you have no choice about) then pay the extra to get keyless entry...

I thought I'd hate it (didn't like it last time I had it) but actually I am really liking it now...was somewhere pitch black last night and as I was walking toward the car I was trying to work out which of the 4 buttons to press to open the car...then I remembered that I didn't have to press a button...much better experience!!

However, Land Rover could have just gone to that tiny bit of effort of making the little slot next to the cupholders rubberised specifically for key stowage...tiny and reasonably insignificant issue, but would have been a nice touch!
(29-11-2011 09:59am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]If only they had come up with some form of docking point to hold the keys whilst you are in the car !!!

It's called your lap. Wink
Or just leave them in your pocket, most jeans/trousers have a small pocket above the right hand pocket. I always keep my car keys in there and attached to a belt ring with a small keyring or carabiner so they won't get lost.
Does no-body have a pocket?Laughing
it sounds like the point being that key less go seems to loose its usefulness without key less entry, it does seem like a odd choice to have one without the other. To just have the key rattling around in the cup holder not ideal, i guess to put it back in your pocket is the simplest thing. But having keyless go with no entry seems to offer no advantage, esp when you consider that most cars also charge the key when its in the lock/barrel thing etc.
(29-11-2011 10:28am)Firenze Wrote: [ -> ]Or just leave them in your pocket, most jeans/trousers have a small pocket above the right hand pocket.
Condom pocket. Laughing
When I had my Lexus, there was a cubby hole by the gear stick, I used to put the key in there, doesn't the Evoque have something similar, most modern cars have space there, sometimes with sliding tops?
IIRC when Freelander2 was launched it did have a docking port for the "key" and everybody whinged about it. I thought that the storage tray behind the sloping section of the centre consol was where you are supposed to hide the key, it's even lit at night so you can see you have left them there.
Anyway I would have thought all you young and trendy sorts on here would have a manbag to hide your keys in........................................
It's been highlighted here. I just don't get it. What advantage does keyless entry give? Yes, you don't have to take the key out your pocket to open the car, but you still have the fu@@ing key in your pocket! FFS! What's the big fu@@ing deal here!

With keyless entry, you don't just walk up to car, it opens for you, then you think, 'well fu@@ me, what do I do with the key'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's