Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!
cjfp

RE: GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!

If only they had come up with some form of docking point to hold the keys whilst you are in the car !!!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-11-2011 09:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

I agree with this one...

If you are going to have keyless start (which you have no choice about) then pay the extra to get keyless entry...

I thought I'd hate it (didn't like it last time I had it) but actually I am really liking it now...was somewhere pitch black last night and as I was walking toward the car I was trying to work out which of the 4 buttons to press to open the car...then I remembered that I didn't have to press a button...much better experience!!

However, Land Rover could have just gone to that tiny bit of effort of making the little slot next to the cupholders rubberised specifically for key stowage...tiny and reasonably insignificant issue, but would have been a nice touch!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-11-2011 10:05am
doug

(29-11-2011 09:59am)cjfp Wrote:  If only they had come up with some form of docking point to hold the keys whilst you are in the car !!!

It's called your lap. Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
29-11-2011 10:23am
Firenze

Or just leave them in your pocket, most jeans/trousers have a small pocket above the right hand pocket. I always keep my car keys in there and attached to a belt ring with a small keyring or carabiner so they won't get lost.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
29-11-2011 10:28am
EVO PUNDITT

Does no-body have a pocket?Laughing

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
29-11-2011 10:29am
Pedalpower

it sounds like the point being that key less go seems to loose its usefulness without key less entry, it does seem like a odd choice to have one without the other. To just have the key rattling around in the cup holder not ideal, i guess to put it back in your pocket is the simplest thing. But having keyless go with no entry seems to offer no advantage, esp when you consider that most cars also charge the key when its in the lock/barrel thing etc.
29-11-2011 10:51am
RacingSnake

(29-11-2011 10:28am)Firenze Wrote:  Or just leave them in your pocket, most jeans/trousers have a small pocket above the right hand pocket.
Condom pocket. Laughing
29-11-2011 10:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

When I had my Lexus, there was a cubby hole by the gear stick, I used to put the key in there, doesn't the Evoque have something similar, most modern cars have space there, sometimes with sliding tops?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-11-2011 11:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC when Freelander2 was launched it did have a docking port for the "key" and everybody whinged about it. I thought that the storage tray behind the sloping section of the centre consol was where you are supposed to hide the key, it's even lit at night so you can see you have left them there.
Anyway I would have thought all you young and trendy sorts on here would have a manbag to hide your keys in........................................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 11:10am by XFullFatTim.)
29-11-2011 11:08am
Urban Splash

It's been highlighted here. I just don't get it. What advantage does keyless entry give? Yes, you don't have to take the key out your pocket to open the car, but you still have the fu@@ing key in your pocket! FFS! What's the big fu@@ing deal here!

With keyless entry, you don't just walk up to car, it opens for you, then you think, 'well fu@@ me, what do I do with the key'

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 11:48am by Urban Splash.)
29-11-2011 11:46am