babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've tried!

James Sad
What you said was you thought the document was wrong and you were making enquiries about it.

What did your enquiries find?
(30-11-2011 12:44am)Grah Wrote: [ -> ]What you said was you thought the document was wrong and you were making enquiries about it.

What did your enquiries find?

In my reply to another member on 28/11/11 at 5:54 I confirmed that I had made an enquiry with LR who confirmed that it was an error. If you have a read through that response you will see that I am just trying to help.

James Smile
James, I think you have explained the point very clearly and thank you for that. I didn't get a full tank (half), got some flowers and mats and very recently an a4 sized RRE sketch dropped through the letterbox.

Grah-there's nothing to see here, leave it, walk away, take a chill pill. Or give the guy your number.
(30-11-2011 07:55am)Acwats Wrote: [ -> ]James, I think you have explained the point very clearly and thank you for that. I didn't get a full tank (half), got some flowers and mats and very recently an a4 sized RRE sketch dropped through the letterbox.

Grah-there's nothing to see here, leave it, walk away, take a chill pill. Or give the guy your number.

I don't think he's explained it very clearly at all. James doesn't either, but we differ as I'd suggest it's better explained in open forum rather than in private as its an issue of interest not just to James and me. Land Rover seems to want the fuel tank and even James now does too. I'm interested in what James has found out about this letter, although I appreciate you might not.
Must admit I agree with Grah on this one. The document is very clear and when it got 'leaked' on here it's suddenly an 'error'. James checks with LR and they agree? hmmm

How come all those who agreed and moaned at the start of this thread, suddenly say thanks to James for explaining. Fascinating.
Hey, it's a tank of fuel. Less than the cost of LR's cheap and cheerful mats (speaking of which, I was enious of a friend's fitted rubber mats in her TT). My only requirement is for it to have enough fuel to get to the nearest petrol station. I think there are bigger issues, to be honest, even for this inveterate complainer. If there was a gesture, something like a branded umbrella would be fine though I expect nothing so will not be disappointed.

What I certainly do not want - if this guide is to be believed - is to spend an hour and a half being told how to unlock the car and pair my phone and the idea of being summoned back to complete the handover is laughable.
Guys, how about putting a call in to LR Customer services to get their view first hand?

From what I've seen most dealers are doing their utmost to give as little as possible with any Evoque sales however will bend with pressure and persistence - we've seen free mats, boot mats, mud flaps and many many free full tanks of fuel. If you don't ask (several times) you probably won't get but do remind dealers that you'll take it into account on future purchases/recommendations and do make sure you ask for the dealer principle's email address to give him feedback on your buying experience - both good and bad.

I also know (can't disclose source) that dealers are using the £150 to give freebies rather than offering it to the customer as cash/voucher which I think is cheeky - it should be the customer's choice.

Just my 2 pence.
Wether it's policy or not, surely it's good customer service to hand over the car with a full tank of fuel. The one and only time that didn't happen with me was when I bought the Cooper S, OK it was 'only' about half the price of the Evoque, but there was barely enough fuel in it to reach the nearest petrol station. A small thing maybe, but it put a complete downer on the whole experience.

If this is an 'error' in the LR documention, then it's certainly one that shouldn't be corrected.
At least I know my car will have £40 worth in the tank as I have been invoiced for it. All I hope is that they fill it just before I pick the car up as I don't want the mechanics burning it when doing the PDI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's