babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm not sure where that document is from, however I am having a copy emailed to me by a kind mod. In the interests of managing expectations, the UK dealer network is not contracted to handover each Evoque with a tank of fuel. The doc looks like an internal doc which I can see has a misleading error which if read by a customer could raise expectations.

I will look into it, however in the meantime take any doc which isn't aimed at the customer with a pinch of salt. My suspicion is that it may be from Sales Exec Handover training which took place Oct/Nov which was written/presented by a third party.

If I can shed any light then I'll report back, however I hope that I have clarified what the network is expected to do, and that training manuals may need more detailed proof reading.

James Smile
I think when there is no discount on the car at all and part/ex terms may be fair if your lucky but never generous, quibbling over a tank of fuel is bad bad PR. And that's before the debacle over delivery times.

Next we'll be expected to arrive at handover with our own engine oil!
To clarify, I'm not giving my opinion as to what is reasonable; just confirming that some misleading info has made it onto the forum.

James Smile
The document is quite clearly an Evoque handover "standard" which LR are expecting the dealers to use - I know the dealers are franchises so I guess LR have to pick their battles as to which "standards" are enforced and which are not. Personally, I think dealers are choosing to interpret it to their advantage.

Perhaps we should put in a call to LR customer services to clarify?
To clarify, again, I am merely pointing out that it is not a requirement. LPR do fill all Evoque handover's (implemented recently in view of the delays), therefore there is no ulterior motive!

My advice is to clarify at the point of order.

James Smile
(28-11-2011 01:53pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote: [ -> ]To clarify, again, I am merely pointing out that it is not a requirement. LPR do fill all Evoque handover's (implemented recently in view of the delays), therefore there is no ulterior motive!

My advice is to clarify at the point of order.

James Smile

James, I'm glad to see that LPR are doing so as did Stratstone Mayfair for me however I struggle to see how the document wording can be interpreted as anything other than a "requirement"... we'll just have to agree to differ on this.

"Just before Delivery always:
• Schedule the vehicle for PDI, personalization setup, accessory installation, full tank of Petrol/Diesel and full detail. Check all when complete."
(28-11-2011 02:52pm)wbessada Wrote: [ -> ]James, I'm glad to see that LPR are doing so as did Stratstone Mayfair for me however I struggle to see how the document wording can be interpreted as anything other than a "requirement"... we'll just have to agree to differ on this.

"Just before Delivery always:
• Schedule the vehicle for PDI, personalization setup, accessory installation, full tank of Petrol/Diesel and full detail. Check all when complete."

wbessada,

You are correct, the doccument spells the situation out in blackt and white. The issue however is that the doc is an internal doc used for all markets which has an error within it relating to fuel level at handover (for the UK certainly). It was never intended to be a customer facing document, however someone somewhere must have decided that the forum would find it interesting. I have clarified with LR just in case I had missed a policy change, however it is an error in the manual. It would be fairly significant for the dealer network to be contracted to supply each vehicle full of fuel (rough calculation for LPR would be £35,000pa) therefore the dealer cabinet would need to be consulted.

I fully understand the ethics involved, and as you can see, we as a dealership have made the decision to fill our customers cars, and I guess many other dealers will have made the same decision. I felt it was important that (as forum sponsor) I should help assist members by giving some clarification, as I would not want anyone to have an issue at handover, based on an error in an internal doccument which is in circulation outside of the dealer network. I have the forum interests at heart and clearly have no motivation to defend the topic by virtue of the fact that we are filling cars. Very Happy

Put simply, I would not want anyone on the forum to expect a tank of fuel and then 'fall out' with their dealer on delivery (based on an error in this leaked doc), when it should be a exciting occasion and something that both the dealer and customer should be looking forward to.

The good news is that cars are now coming through thick and fast and we have had a number of vehicles released to us which we were not expecting so soon. With this in mind we are hoping that some of our vehicles that we had resigned to the fact would come through in January, may now come through in December. Wink There are at least two forum members who have received good news from LPR last week alone!

Let's hope that there are some good news stories for December as we are starting to see a few cars earlier as opposed to later than the revised plan.

As always I'm here to help........... I promise!!

James Very Happy
(28-11-2011 06:54pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote: [ -> ]The good news is that cars are now coming through thick and fast and we have had a number of vehicles released to us which we were not expecting so soon. With this in mind we are hoping that some of our vehicles that we had resigned to the fact would come through in January, may now come through in December. Wink There are at least two forum members who have received good news from LPR last week alone!

Let's hope that there are some good news stories for December as we are starting to see a few cars earlier as opposed to later than the revised plan.

As always I'm here to help........... I promise!!

James Very Happy

James.

Is this the black hole where there appears to be no November call forward, but December is a given.

Whatever, It is surprising a few owners, when their car come early.
As you can appreciate, LR are playing catch-up with the delay, however I believe that the next order call will open tomorrow/Wednesday. Looking at planned production, it is being pulled forward as much as possible, therefore early Jan build slots may be the ones that surprise.

James Smile
Mine has been built early (only by a week or so, but hey!) My dealer stated prior to order that it would come with a full tank of fuel as part of the Delivery Pack
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's