babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(29-11-2011 12:29am)Grah Wrote: [ -> ]Really that is not a good reason for ignoring the standards it unambiguously sets down.

You have missunderstood my point (which is sometimes difficult to get across in the written word). Happy to discuss in detail if you would like to PM me your number.

James Smile
Well I did get a full tank from Farnell Bradford. Much appreciated too!!

And what an amazing vehicle it is! Well worth the wait!!
(29-11-2011 11:16am)DJ2Tall Wrote: [ -> ]Well I did get a full tank from Farnell Bradford. Much appreciated too!!

And what an amazing vehicle it is! Well worth the wait!!

I'm really chuffed for you, happy motoring.
(29-11-2011 04:03am)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote: [ -> ]You have missunderstood my point (which is sometimes difficult to get across in the written word). Happy to discuss in detail if you would like to PM me your number.

James Smile

Don't want to be obtuse, but you seem to be defending the quarter-tank-only-policy which Land Rover from the leaked document appear to want you (as dealers generally) to change. You're arguing against giving a full tank on the basis that customers should not have seen the document that sets this full tank as a standard, a position which doesn't really make sense.

Glad to hear you're giving a full tank now, and I'll be asking this of my dealer too, but I can't help thinking that without the letter being leaked, this would not have happened.
It's all a bit mean in the grand scheme of things... Sad really that dealers squeeze as much out the customer as possible. Yes I know 'it's business' but arguing with a customer over less than £100 on a circa £40k car makes you look rather silly....and actually shows how LR regards their customers.
I got a tank so full that I could actually see the fuel level at the mouth of the inlet.

On top of that I got a bottle of Bollinger Champagne!Very Happy
Grah, Sadly you have still missed my point. As previously offered I am happy to explain over the phone.

James Smile
As James has said, the level of fuel is outside the contractual scope of the purchase and down to goodwill. I'll regard any free fuel as a bonus but if the dealer fills it and charges me for it, I'll make life difficult for them by asking for a receipt detailing the volume provided. If it turns out they're charging at a profiterring rate, they'll need to consult an urban dictionary to understand what I am saying.
(29-11-2011 11:36pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote: [ -> ]Grah, Sadly you have still missed my point. As previously offered I am happy to explain over the phone.

James Smile

No, please explain in the open forum so everyone can see.

Transparency is the issue here, if you see my point.
My order actually states full tank of fuel.. As said on here i take it thats just my dealers policy.. I've bought cars half the cost and always had full tanks.. Some dealers are clearly just scroogy.. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's