babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dangerous!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Found a major flaw with the evoque
I did not spec auto lights and wipers as I thought the were not nessasary and I was trying to keep costs down however twice last night I drove off with only the daytime running lights on and no tail lights you just don't notice as the dash is already lit up so for those of you still speccing up your car add auto lights
I'm not sure what I should do any suggestions?
Do you think land rover know how dangerous this could be?
Can you retrofit auto lights?
Not a design fault................. as even if you have auto on lights you need to enable them first by selecting the AUTO setting on the stalk so even with auto on lights it is possible to drive off with only the DRL's on at night if the auto setting isn't set.
In addition, just because the Auto setting is selected on the stalk remember that the lights won't always automatically come on in foggy conditions and it is up to us as drivers to ensure we drive safely irrespective of gadgetry fitted to our cars!
I'm sorry lrdaft, I don't mean this personally but isn't that a wee bit like saying I didn't buy an automatic and was then surprised when the car didn't change gear for me?! Guessing your previous car had them - I must say I thought they were standard on all Evoques but a useful reminder for anyone who has got used to them previously and now doesn't have them.
Rolling with Laughter sorry but you can't seriously think that it is a design fault for your driver error.
Audi have the solution of turning off all the instrument lights if the light levels fall outside and you don't have headlights on. Seems to work well.
That would make sense it's just something I will have to remember
That's the only thing I would have added had I known
Otherwise the car is fantastic
If you have access to one of those (dynamo?) printers you could make a little reminder label and stick it somewhere prominent to remind yourself?
I dont understand this thread at all.................just do what everyone has done since God was a lad and ermm.....switch your lights on.........simples!
The trouble is you think your lights are on as the daytime running lights are like dip beam and the instrument pack is illuminated just no tail lights
Once you have one switch off auto lights and you will see what i mean
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's