babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dangerous!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The DRL's are significantly brighter than other cars, so I think that's what adds to the confusion as they cast so much light you may think if you have your main lights on? I commented on this after the evoque unleashed event
I noticed this the other day and thought it was a flaw in the DLR law - a rear DLR should also be present to stop exactly this situation. Lots of peeps on m'way in late dusk light with DLRs on but very hard to see them from behind.
I think they are even brighter if you don't have xenons
I noticed last night on an unlit road when I tried to put on main beam just shows how bright they are in fact the light is more white as opposed to yellowish off the halogens
Your thread conveyed an important message for those that are perhaps used to other cars automated systems, however, as you specified this car without the auto lights functionality you can hardly call it dangerous or a massive design flaw, as it is most certainly not a flaw with the car & you just need to tune your mind to the car you actually specified and ordered and that way you will hopefully drive more safely in future Wink

Also for those of you will automatic headlights please remember that when your cars go into LR Dealers for any work they switch the automatic light function off so you will need to turn it on again when you collect your car to avoid the same issues. Very Happy
Yes I agree it the drivers responsibility I am just highlighting the fact so others can make an informed decision when speccing their car
I never thought it would be an issue until now
I will need to check legistlation to see if I can turn them off anyone know?
Why would you need to turn them off, now that you are aware of your problem simply remember to switch your lights on every time...

I think you maybe able to switch the ADL on/off via the instrument panel settings...check your manual.
In my BMW I have auto lights, but often prefer having the lights on anyway for added visibility to other drivers as I do a bit of country road driving to my office. They turn off when the key is removed. If the Evoque does the same or similar, you could leave the beam on if the alternative worries you too much. Volvos have done it for years...
Gomark I agree, in my last 3 cars that have not had DRL's even on sunny days I have driven on dipped headlights, mainly because the cars have been colours that kind of blend into the background - Stornoway Grey and Giverny Green and I found too many people would pull straight of junctions without apparently having seen me. I also agree with the comment about rear lights that should come on with the DRL's. I just made it a practise to never drive off without dipped headlights on.
I have for the last four years always driven with my dipped headlights on. Italy and I think Spain have insisted on it for that period. At first driving in Italy I thoiught it was stupid, but ag=fter a month there, began to agree. Since most of UK population can't even turn their lights off in the dark or torrential rain, where by law in UK we are meant too, I just prefer to have them on. Quite pleased that the Evoque has DRLs. I had thought that was the point of the LEDs on the 2010 RRS and D4, but sadly it wasn't...they were just bling...Sad
Do the DRLs stay on when u switch side lights on?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's